- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
These are the first few diary entries
April 2, 1999
Dear Diary,
I'm 17 years old, I shouldn't be freaking out because I'm in a plane alone (well with my brother Daniel) but he's 15 so I doubt he'll be taking care of me or anything. It is the first time I've been on the plane without my parents though, so it's understandable, right? We're on our way to Miami to visit our grandparents. It's nice to actually go somewhere for Spring Break. Not that mine will be anything like the MTV kind. A change of scenary is always good. Maybe I'll meet a cute boy and get over Gabriel once and for all! Who am I kidding? I'd need to actually be able to talk to a boy. God why must I be such a shy loser?!?!? Ok we are taking off! Bye bye Puerto Rico (well for a week). I'm going to listen to my Backstreet Boys now. I'll be in Miami next time you hear from me!
Love,
Kristina

April 4, 1999
Dear Diary,
Happy Easter!!!! Yeah I don't get what the big deal is either. Damn bunny forgot about me again! Oh well. I'm soo bored and starving! Note to self- pack snacks when visiting the grandparents over Easter! Yeah I'm catholic like them, but I'm not so into the whole not eating meat thing. Fish is not my friend. It's been nice spending time with Abuela y abuelo but I need some excitement...and some junk food!!!! We went to the zoo yesteday, that was fun but they got tired pretty quick so we weren't there as long as I would have liked. We went to this church this morning that was really pretty, right by the ocean. I love the ocean, I'll have a house by the beach one day. Maybe in Tampa where the gorgeous Nickolas Gene Carter is. Yeah like he would ever give me the time of day! He likes easy blondes from what I've heard, and I am neither. Ok Kristina snap out of it! That gorgeous gorgeous man well never be yours. Heck, I'll be lucky if I ever see them in concert, much less meet him. Ok I've never been this happy to hear the word tuna before haha. I'm going to go eat some. Meeting up with our cousin Mark tomorrow. Let you know if anything exciting happens (doubt it).
Sweet Nick kisses!
Kristina Gisselle Carter!

April 7, 1999
OH MY GOD Diary!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok just to update, Monday and Tuesday were as uneventful as it gets. But today was pretty much as far from uneventful as it gets!!! Where do I start? Well, let's get to the point. I met Howie!!! Yes, freakin HOWARD DWAYNE DOROUGH the freakin BACKSTREET BOY!!! How I haven't had a heart attack beats me. Let me stop hyperventilating and I will tell you every detail. We went to this cool outdoor mall downtown called Bayside. It was by the water and down the street from where the Miami Heat play. Me and Danny were ready to shop! The grandparents? Not so much. Again they got tired so they told us to go ahead and walk around, they would sit and wait for us. So when we were done we went to find them but they weren't where we left them. We decided to just sit and wait. And that's when I saw him! He was alone and a couple of tables away from us. I couldn't speak, I barely remembered my name! Danny was confused at first but then he saw Howie and told me I should go over there. I was too nervous! What would I say! I guess I owe my little brother because he grabbed my hand and walked me over to him! I let D do the speaking at first. He told Howie I was his sister (duh) and that I was a big fan and asked if I could have an autograph. I got an autograph and a picture and then Howie asked if we wanted to sit with him! Little brother (owe him for this one too!) said he would go see if he could find our grandparents. So there I was alone with him. He was looking gorgeous and I was trying not to be a complete loser! When we started talking all that went away. I felt so comfortable with him! I told him I was from PR so we had something in common right off the bat. I almost felt like I had known him for a long time. We talked for maybe 20 minutes then the fam showed up so it was time to say goodbye. He asked how long I was in Miami for, he wanted to see me again! This made me sound like a total baby but I had to tell him there was no way the grandparents would be ok with it. He said he understood and we exchanged numbers!!! I kinda want to call to see if it's real but if it is I'd look a little stalkerish, right? I go home in a few days so we'll see if he calls. He probably won't but that's ok. The time I had with him today was priceless! I need to go try to get some sleep. Don't know how successful I will be, I'm too wound up!
April 7, 1999- BEST DAY EVER!!!
Goodnight!
Kris Carter (Dorough?)


April 10, 1999
Dear Diary,
I'm on the plane back home. Sorry it's been a few days. Not much to report from Miami and all that's in my brain is a whole lot of Howie! I seriously can't stop thinking about him. It's normal, right? I met a BSB! I love them! I should completely be reacting this way. I need to get my head down from the clouds. He's, well, him and I'm me. That says it all. And oh yeah, he's 26 and I'm still in high school. Repeat after me "he doesn't want to be with you". But what if I want to be with him? I really think I do. Is that messed up? I've been in love with Nick for 2 years! So what? Nick has a girlfriend and it's not me. Oh yeah, and I've never met him! I'm getting way ahead of myself here. I'm just praying that he'll call me. I want to see him again so bad! You know I'll tell you as soon as it happens (if it happens). I'm going to try to take a nap. All this thinking about him is tiring! See ya in Puerto Rico!
Sweet D love,
Kristina

April 11, 1999
1:37 AM
He called Diary!!!!
He remembered I was coming home today and called me! We talked for like 3 hours. It was amazing!! I really felt like I had known if forever. We definitely have a connection. No I'm not crazy and I know he feels it too. Don't ask me how, I just know. I could have talked to him for 10 more hours. It's crazy how much we think alike. Most of the time I could guess what his answer to a question would be! Maybe we're soulmates? There I go getting ahead of myself again. I can't help it, I like him so much! I told him to say hi to the other guys for me. I wonder if he will and who he'll tell them I am. I want to see him so bad! And what sucks is I have no idea when I'll be able to. I have school for another month and he's going to Europe for the summer. And you know my parents aren't going to buy me a plane ticket to go see a guy! I need to find a way to see him before he goes to Europe. I need to know if there's really something between us. If there is and he really wants to be with me I guess I'll deal with not seeing him for 3 months. You know, I haven't even had a chance to tell anyone about it! I just got back today (well yesterday technically). I'm seeing Jessica and Nadia tomorrow so I'll tell them. I was planning on telling them anyway. I don't want the whole world to know and they don't go to my school so they won't tell anyone. I'll tell eveyone that I met him but not that we're talking. I don't want fake people trying to be my friend because I know someone famous. I might tell Irene and Cynthia on Monday. They are my best friends after all. I should go get some sleep. I don't know when I'll talk to him again. He said he would call me because of the long distance and everything. I know my parents wouldn't be too thrilled to find a 3 hour call to Orlando on the phone bill! He said he'd call soon. I hope he does. I miss him already!
Sweet Howie dreams,
Kristina

April 16, 1999
Miss me Diary?
I know it's been a few days. I'm sorry! I've been busy. It's been hard to squeeze in sleep in there! I think Spring Break is a bit inconvinient. You get back and have finals just around the corner. I've been swamped, still am. Junior year has been the hardest and most stressful one of my life by far. I know I know. You don't want to hear about school, you want juicy Howie news. And do I have some for you. We've talked pretty much every night. That's the reason for my lack of sleep but sooo worth it! He gets more incredible every time I talk to him. I didn't want to tell a lot of people about this yet but I don't know how I'll hide it. I'm so giddy! Ok for the big news. Drumroll please!!! He asked me to marry him! No not really. Sorry I had to! He asked me to go up to Orlando for a weekend to see him and meet the other guys!!! I haven't told mom and dad yet. They can't say no, I have to do it! I can only go for a weekend though since I'm still in school and everything. Their new album comes out the week I'm done actually, so they'll be traveling around the US before they leave for Europe. So basically this is my only chance to see him before they leave. I'm planning on telling them tomorrow. Pray for me! He said he would come here to see me but they are doing rehearsals for the tour so he can't leave. I wonder if it'll be awkward meeting Nick. I guess it shouldn't be. The feelings I had for him weren't real, I have never even met him! I just hope he's not TOO gorgeous in person. Who am I kidding? Of course he will be! They all will be. I better go do some homework. I'll let you know what the veredict is. I'll either be very happy or very pissed. Let's hope for very happy!
Later!
K

April 17, 1999
Pack your bags Diary!!!
Yup, we are going to Orlando! Oh my God I can't believe it! I think it's time to wake up because I must be dreaming! When I get so lucky? They made me wait all day for an answer though, it was beyond annoying. I really thought they would say no. I spent the day with Jess and Nadia to try to keep my mind off of it, but of course it was all we talked about. I'm still in total shock. They even said I could miss a Friday from school so I would get an extra day! They must really understand how important this is to me. They did say they want to talk to Howie. Oh no, I hope they don't embarass me too much! They also want to know where I'll be staying and with who. Now this is a tricky one, and even though Howie already told me I could stay at his house, I didn't tell them that. The thing is, I'm not sure what answer they're looking for. Sure, if I stay at a hotel I would be away from the guy I'm sure they're weary of, but I'd also be alone. I'll have to discuss it with Howie and see what he thinks. I might just ask them what they'd be more comfortable with and tell them I'll do it. Of course i'm staying with Howie either way! He's looking for plane tickets for me and said that it would more than likely be in 2 weeks that I go. I'm so excited! I can't wait to see him again and to meet the other guys! I really love my life right now!
Bed time, I'll keep you updated as always!
KGD!
Chapter End Notes:
This is what I have so far. I'm enjoying writing it so I'll definitely continue to do it. Let me know if you're liking it! The more feedback I get the more I'll update! Oh, and the story starts out in 1999 but it's meant to move forward into the present eventually. Not sure how much I'll write for each year.