- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am so sorry it took me so long to update! I had written part of this chapter and lost it then got really busy. This chapter will pretty much set up for Kristina's trip to Europe. I think I will write a new chapter to actually start the trip. I promise I will update more often! Please review if you like it!
April 30, 1999
Guess who’s going to Europe Diary???
Yes that would be me!!! I still don’t believe it. I will be spending two amazing months in Europe with the Backstreet Boys! Every morning when I wake up I almost expect to wake up in my old life, it’s crazy how much my life has changed! If I’m dreaming I definitely never want to wake up! I was expecting the worst when mom and dad said they wanted to talk to me. They sure did take their time deciding, and I was going crazy waiting! I guess whatever Howie and Kevin told them worked, Yes, they insisted on talking to Howie, totally embarrassing, but if it got them to say yes then it was worth it in the end. Kev is so nice, volunteering to talk to my parents so convince them to let me go. He’s the daddy of the group, so I guess he’ll be my babysitter, or that’s probably what he told them haha. I’m so excited but nervous too. I am getting to do so many things that I never dreamed I would get to do. I wonder is Nick’s girlfriend will be there. Why should I care? I guess I like imagining he doesn’t have one which is completely twisted considering I have a boyfriend! I need to work on getting over this before Europe. I will be with the guys all the time, and I can’t be caught in between like this. I am with Howie, I am committed to him, right? Ok lets think about other stuff for now. What do I pack? I need to go shopping! I doubt that I own anything Europe appropriate! The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy! School is almost over so I have to focus on finals and getting ready for my trip. If I’m MIA for a bit don’t take it personally! You know if anything of importance happens you’ll be the first to know!
Night night!
Kristina



May 5, 1999
Hey Diary!
Not too much to report. Just trying to live my normal, boring life for a few more weeks. I’m flying to Orlando in about 3 weeks to meet up with the guys and then head to Europe! I miss all of them so much! It’s crazy how even though I was only with them for a weekend I feel like they’ve been part of my life forever. I’m finding t hard to focus on every day things, especially since not a lot of people know about any of this. I guess when I get back people will know, but I want to keep it quiet as long as possible. Only a few close friends know. I don’t want fake people that have never given me the time of day trying to be my friends because now I hang out with famous people. My Senior year will definitely be interesting. I think I will have a lot of fun rejecting little popular airheads that will no doubt want to be my best friends when they know what I did this summer. It’s going to be strange going back to school in August, that’s for sure. I talked to all the guys last night! Howie called me and they all wanted to say hi. They make me so happy, they make me feel wanted! I totally got crazy butterflies when I talked to Nick. His voice is so sexy!!! OK snap out of it! What is my problem? Oh yeah, I found a way to subtly try to find out is his girlfriend will be in Europe, but I didn’t get much info. I asked Howie if any other girlfriends were going and he said Leighanne would be there at least part of the time, and that Kev and A.J. were “off” with their on and off girlfriends so they would probably not be around. He didn’t even mention Nick! Hmmm. You think they broke up? As much as I don’t like him having a girlfriend it kind of makes things a bit easier knowing his unavailable. I don’t have any desire to meet her though. Leigh told me she’s a bitch haha. Well she didn’t use that word, she’s a nice girl, but that’s basically what she said. She said none of the other girls ever liked her. I wonder why he would be with someone like that. Ok I need to go study. Maybe I’ll be able to concentrate.
Is it June yet?
K



May 14, 1999
Been a while Diary!
Today is a great day! My Junior year is officially history and nothing but Europe ahead of me! I also got a package in the mail today from the Boys! It was their new CD Millennium. It comes out on Tuesday, ah the perks of knowing the right people! It’s so good, I’ve been listening to it non-stop since I got it! I can’t wait to see them perform the songs live. June2 in Belgium I will be going to my very first Backstreet Boys concert! I need to practice controlling myself, I can’t act like a crazy fan! The guys are going to be traveling around next week, promoting the new CD. They actually said I could go with them if I wanted, but the parents wanted me to hang out at home next week since I’ll be gone for 2 months and everything. I think I finally have most of the stuff I’m taking and I already started packing. Yeah, I have a week and a half to go, but I want to make sure I have everything! It’s hard not to giggle when someone asks what my plans for the summer are and I answer, “oh nothing”. Couldn’t be farther from the truth! Wouldn’t it be awesome if I ended up in a picture with the guys on a magazine or something and everyone at home saw it? I don’t really want the attention, but shocking people will be fun. I’m going to go obsess over my packing some more. I love my life!
Luckiest girl ever!
Kris




May 18, 1999
The countdown is up Diary!
It’s Millennium day! The whole world will get to hear it today. I’m so proud of my Boys! And I love saying my Boys! I wish I was with them today. I just talked to Howie, they’re at MTV in New York waiting to do TRL. He said it’s crazy how many girls are out there. Kinda makes me happy knowing I have what all those girls want. In a week I will be in Orlando and in 2 weeks I will be in Europe! Bring on the best summer ever! I don’t know how I’m going to get any sleep this week. The Boys are going to be all over TV so that will make me even more excited! Hate to cut it short, but TRL is about to start and I have to watch my Boys and the girls that wish they were in my place!
Living the dream!
Kristina