- Text Size +

 

"Okay guys, that's it for today. You are all sounding good. See you tomorrow," the voice over the intercom said. The five men in the recording booth stepped away from the microphones, removed their headsets, and began joking and talking to each other.


"What the heck was that Nick? Your voice changing AGAIN?"


"Whatever. I just hit a bad note, it happens. It certainly happens to YOU often enough," returned Nick, running a hand through his blond hair.


The others laughed, and the one Nick had been addressing, a shorter man with a hat pulled low over his eyes and sunglasses just glared back.


"Hey, hey, no fighting. Or at least not in here, take it outside," said a third member of the group, the peacemaker.


"Ah relax, there's no fighting here D, we're just playin' with each other," smiled AJ, "Right Nick?"


"Yeah, sure we are."


The other two members of the Backstreet Boys, Kevin and Brian, were calmly watching the others unwind. The guys were just starting the recording of their next album, and it was hard work trying to get the five-part harmonies down just right. They had been in the studio for eight hours and had only gotten one song recorded, and it still wasn't finished.


A loud clap of thunder startled the group. "Ah man, I think I forgot to put my top back on this morning! Damn, gotta go check on my car!" and AJ raced out of the booth, with the others trailing behind him. Nick looked over at the others and asked, "Hey guys wanna go grab something to eat? I'm starving."


Two nodded, but the third shook his head, "Sorry Nick, I can't. Jamie flew in this afternoon, and she's waiting at the house for me."


"Gotcha. Are you two going to come out with us tonight, Kevin?"


"I don't know yet. Depends on how tired she is from the flight and all. We'll see. If not, she'll be here tomorrow."


"See ya later, then." The others walked off, and Kevin made his way to his car, trying to dodge the raindrops that were falling fast and heavy. Loud claps of thunder punctuated the bright flashes of light against the dark gray sky. Kevin got in and drove to the house as fast as he could.


Jamie lived in Cincinnati, where she worked as an attorney. She had just finished a big case against a Fortune 500 company, and spent long weeks trying to negotiate a settlement that would satisfy the company she represented. Finally having reached an agreement, the senior partner granted Jamie's wish to have a week's vacation before she started depositions for another client. With Kevin being on tour and Jamie in court, the two rarely saw each other, although they had been dating for almost a year. Kevin looked forward to being able to spend time with her.


The rain was falling harder now, and the thunder was more frequent as was the lightning, and Kevin wondered briefly if there was a hurricane coming he hadn't heard about. He pulled into his driveway, and got out of the car. Racing up the flagstone steps, he got into the house as quickly as he could. There were no lights on and as he shook himself like a wet puppy, he began searching for her.


"Jamie? Jamie, where are you? I'm here." The silence that greeted him worried him. Peeking into the kitchen, he discovered a plate that had some chips and salsa on it, so he knew someone had been there. "Jamie? Hon, it's me, where are you?"


Kevin heard a sound somewhat like a whimper which was coming from downstairs. Kevin walked down the flight, again wondering about the darkness that greeted him. "Jamie, what is going on? Where are you?" An extremely loud clap of thunder pealed, and the resulting flash of lightning that followed it revealed a small figure huddled in the corner of the rec room, near the foozball table. Kevin turned on the lights, and walked over to where his girlfriend was sitting, knees drawn up, arms wrapped around them, and her head buried.


"Hey Jamie, what's wrong? Are you okay?"


Jamie looked up and saw Kevin crouching in front of her looking very concerned. She let go of her knees, and flung herself at him, crying. "Oh God, I am so glad you are here, Kevin." Another thunderclap, and she flinched and buried her face in his neck.


Kevin pulled away and cupped her chin, looking into her gold-flecked light brown eyes, which were full of fear. "What happened, are you okay?"


"Yeah, but I'm scared."


"I can see that, want to tell me why?"


"I'm. . .I'm. . ." she took a deep breath, "I'm afraid of thunderstorms."


Kevin looked astonished, then said, "You're afraid of thunder and lightning? Really, you the tough litigator?"


"Yes, me. It's not funny, Kevin," another flinch as the thunder sounded, "I've always been afraid."


"I'm sorry, sweetheart. Come here," Kevin pulled her close, sat down on the couch nearby and began stroking her hair. "Shhh, darling, it's okay, shhh, I'm right here, I won't let anything happen to you, shhh, there's my girl, it's okay baby, relax, you're safe sweetheart, you're fine, ah Jamie you're going to be alright." Kevin kept repeating over and over, slowly rocking her, stroking her dark red hair, and dropping kisses on the top of her head.


Jamie looked up after a time, and Kevin bent his head and kissed her deeply. Jamie tightened her grip around his neck, while Kevin slanted his mouth over hers and began nipping at her lower lip. She giggled and looked up into his clear green eyes, which were full of concern and desire, a strange mix which made her breathless. "Hey that tickles."


"You want to be tickled? I can do that," Kevin reached down to her side and began to tickle her. She squirmed, laughed and came into contact with his solid chest.


"Hey, you're all wet."


"Umhmmm, and I plan on makin' sure you are too," drawled Kevin.


"What? Oh, I meant your clothes are wet. And trust me darlin', I'm getting there," smiled Jamie.


"Well, we should do something about that then." He pushed her onto the cushions, and began to undo the buttons of the shirt which was plastered to his body. He removed his shirt with a slight struggle, looked down at her, smiled, and said "is this better, darlin'?"


She reached up for him, pulled him down so that he was lying full on top of her, and said, "Now it is."


Ignoring the thunder, she concentrated on kissing him, and Kevin reached between them to slide his hands under her shirt, and began caressing her back, trying to undo the snaps on her bra. Kevin sat up, pulled Jamie up with him, and slid her shirt over her head. Jamie shook her head once to get the hair out of her face, and Kevin stopped playing with her bra long enough to smooth back a tendril that got caught in her eyelashes. He slowly traced down the side of her face, down her neck, and between her breasts. Jamie shivered once, looked up at him, her eyes darkening, and slowly leaned forward. She kissed him, and reached behind her to undo her bra. Kevin started to laugh, but as she kept kissing him, he forgot about everything except the beautiful woman on his lap. He pushed her back from him, and slid the straps of her bra down her arms, then tossed the champagne colored lace and satin to the floor to join the other clothes.


Thunder again rang out, and Jamie flinched, but she didn't know for sure if it was from the thunder or from Kevin's mouth which was now attached to her right breast. She arched her back, and moaned softly as he traced wet circles with his tongue, first clockwise, then back along the path he made. She could feel him smile, then he repeated the pattern on her other breast. Jamie whimpered again, but not from fear.


Kevin raised his head, looked into her eyes, quirked one corner of his mouth in that oh-so-sexy half smile she adored, kissed her hard but briefly, then laid her down on the couch. He touched his lips to hers again, and at the same time, ran his hands down her sides to the waistband of her khakis. He slid one finger under the waistband and moved it back and forth. Jamie sucked in her stomach, giggled, and tried to move away from the tickling sensation. Kevin held her tight, and continued to play with her stomach, feeling those muscles contract as his finger moved over them.


The movement of his fingers was driving her crazy, and she shifted her hips in order to get Kevin to stop. Her hip caught him at his arousal, and he sucked in his breath. His fingers stopped moving, and she looked up at him. Then before he could move again, she gave a smirk of her own, undid the fly of his jeans, and slipped her hand inside. Finding the top of his boxers, Jamie imitated him by placing her fingers inside the waistband. Kevin did not move, but looked down at her.


"Now I think I have you where I want you," she said.


"Maybe," he agreed, "but I'm not where I want to be. And I certainly don't have you where I want you."


"Oh really? And where would that be, exactly?"


Kevin's answer was to sit up, remove her khakis and panties, then toss his jeans and boxers on the floor. He laid back down on top of her, and quickly thrust into her. Over her gasp, he said, "Now I have you where I want you. But do you want me?"


Jamie nodded, but Kevin wanted to hear her say it. "Yes, oh God, Kevin, I want you. Please. . ." She trailed off as Kevin began moving inside her. His rhythm was slow and deep, then quick and shallow. Jamie followed him, arching her back, and meeting him every time, stroke for stroke.


She thought she would explode into little pieces by the time she felt her muscles clench, then release as she climaxed. She called his name, and Kevin held onto her as she came, gave a few more thrusts of his own, then followed her into oblivion.


But oblivion didn't last very long. Still inside her, Kevin pulled her up so that he was sitting up and she was straddling him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, leaned back as far as she could, then lifted her hips. His intake of breath was all the indication she needed that he liked what she was doing. She sank back down onto his lap and stopped.


"Baby, you need to be moving right about now, not just sitting there," said Kevin.


"Oh, don't you worry, I'll move in a second, I just need to rest a bit first."


"You want to kill me don't you?"


"Of course not. How else would I get laid?"


Kevin grimaced and said between tightly clenched teeth, "Jamie, I need you to move."


"Oh you do, huh?"


"Jamie," he said pleadingly. She leaned forward, kissed him ever so sweetly, then leaned back, and started a slow movement up and down. He placed his hands on her hips, trying to get her to move faster, but she wouldn't have any of it.


"God, you are trying to kill me."


Jamie laughed, but did not increase her pace. He groaned again, resigning himself to a slow and torturous, albeit amazingly wonderful, death. When he couldn't take it anymore, she ground against him quickly. This time, he yelled her name as he stiffened then came inside her. She found her release, then sank against his body, slick with sweat.


When he could move again, he laid back down on the couch. Kevin turned so that Jamie rested on him, with her head tucked into his shoulder. Her hand came up to trace patterns on his chest, and she lay there quietly with a large grin on her face.


"Ah sweetheart, I have missed you."


"Umhmmm."


"Although you could have been nicer to me. After all, dying men should have their last request fulfilled."


Muffled laughter echoed against his shoulder. He gave her a little smack on her shoulder. They laid there together silently, for a while, listening to the rain fall gently against the windows, his hand running idly up and down her back.


"You know, I think the storm's over," said Kevin.


"Umhmmm."


"You okay now? Why didn't you ever tell me you were scared?"


Jamie looked up at him. "I figured you'd laugh at me. I mean, here I am, a grown-up with a child's fear."


"It's okay to be afraid. Although, do you have any other fears I should know about?"


"I don't like alligators or snakes."


"Okay, so we won't visit the zoo while you're here." She playfully punched him on the arm. "But you should know that thunderstorms are practically a daily occurrence in Florida, so this isn't going to be the only one."


"Oh," Jamie said in a small voice. Then she smiled, "Yes but I like the way you distracted me. I don't think I really noticed the storm at all."


Kevin grinned, "Just trying to help you get over your fears."


Jamie grinned back, "Oh, I think you helped a lot. In fact, I can't wait for tomorrow's storm!"