- Text Size +


The four of them drove back to Kevin's house. Taylor originally planned to stay at a hotel while in Orlando, but Kevin and Jamie both insisted she stay at the house. Taylor gave in gracefully after a token protest. They also decided Nick should stay too; his house in Tampa was too far away to be convenient, and it would be easier to have everyone close together. Taylor took the room Nick had spent the previous night in, while Nick took up residence on the pull-out couch in the rec room.


After sharing a bottle of white wine and talking about inconsequential things, Kevin and Jamie both pleaded exhaustion from the day and headed upstairs. Taylor decided to stay downstairs and work some more on the case, and Nick volunteered to keep her company.


Kevin led Jamie into his bedroom, then closed the door firmly behind them. He faced her and said softly, "I'm really not that tired anymore."


Jamie wrapped her arms around him, and looked up into his eyes, which sparkled with green fire. "Funny, suddenly, neither am I. What do you think we should do now? Go back downstairs to join Taylor and Nick?"


Kevin shook his head, "No, I have a better idea." He smiled, and bent his head. Capturing her lips, he kissed her deeply. A small sound came from Jamie's throat, and she opened her mouth slightly. It was all the invitation Kevin needed. His tongue swept inside her mouth, and she sagged against him as all the feelings Jamie felt for this man overwhelmed her. When she responded by drawing his tongue further into her mouth and sucking gently, Kevin groaned and picked her up. Never once breaking the kiss, he laid her down on the bed, and followed her down onto it.


As they continued to kiss, Jamie opened her eyes to find Kevin staring intently at her. The desire she felt was echoed in his now dark green eyes. She broke the kiss and curved her mouth in a smile. Kevin whispered, "I love you, Jamie."


"I love you," she replied. "Make love with me."


Clothes found themselves all around the bed. Normally their lovemaking was filled with laughter and lightheartedness, but tonight was different, and they both felt it. Jamie had asked Kevin to make love, but that wasn't the right phrase for it tonight.


Kevin reached for her again and kissed her hard. She was right there with him, just as forcefully, pulling at him, at his hair. One hand held her close to him, the other was moving all over her body. He broke the kiss, and moved downwards until he found her breast. She gave a small cry as he latched onto the nipple, biting it rather than suckling.


Kevin looked up and started to speak, but she shook her head and brought his mouth back to her breast. Again, he bit her, then rolled his tongue over the spot. His hands were kneading her other breast, not gently at all, but hard. Jamie writhed underneath him as her fingers raked down his back, scoring it with her fingernails.


He let go of her breast and started down again, biting her stomach as he went. Jamie pulled him back up, and kissed him so hard that their teeth met with an audible click. He rolled over, bringing her on top of him. She mimicked him, biting and nibbling at his jawline, his neck, down onto his chest. She swirled her tongue around his nipples before biting him, just as he had done to her.


Kevin reached down between her thighs, and felt with some surprise just how ready she was for him. He flipped her onto her back, and without any warning thrust into her, filling her completely. He didn't move for a second, but looked into her eyes. When he saw the desire and the wildness that matched his own emotions, he began moving within her. Kevin moved faster and faster, each thrust harder than the last. Jamie bucked her hips desperately, trying to keep up with him, and growling in the back of her throat with each thrust.


He came first, burying his face in her neck as it happened. Jamie's climax followed swiftly behind his, the sheer force of it tearing another yell from her throat as she shook violently. The tremors subsided, but neither moved for a while, Kevin pinning her to the mattress while each tried to regain their sanity.


Finally Kevin rolled onto his back, bringing her with him. Not saying a word, he touched her face and wiped the tears that spilled down her cheeks. He held her while she cried, and when she finished, he slowly rubbed his thumb back and forth across her cheek. He kissed her forehead, pulled the blankets over them, reached over to turn out the light, and said softly, "I love you so much, Jamie."


"I know," she replied, sniffling a little.


"Everything will be alright."


"I know that too." But even as she said it, both wondered if it actually would.





Taylor and Nick sat quietly in the living room, Nick stretched out on the couch and Taylor sat in the recliner, flipping through the growing file folder for the case. Taylor leaned up and tried to stretch out her neck, obviously feeling the tension from such a long day.


"Long day, huh?" Nick asked.


"Yeah, I guess," she replied without even glancing up. "I'm used to it though."


"I know what you mean, I can't tell you how many times we've gone weeks without sleeping," Nick started, trying to engage Taylor in conversation, "Well you know, at least sleeping enough."


"Aww, yeah, I'm crying for you. Trust me," she quipped in mock sympathy. "Must be tough having screaming women, well girls, after you all the time, making tons of money, traveling all over the world. . ."


"I'm serious," Nick got a little defensive. "We work hard, it took a long time to get where we are and we aren't just hangin' around waiting for it to end. It's not all fun and games you know."


Taylor laughed openly. "Yeah, whatever Nick."


Nick sat up and looked at her. "We never. . ."


"Listen, I'm not trying to be a bitch, but I don't really have much sympathy for anyone. You have a good life, I'm sure, and one that you chose. That's the big thing with me, everyone has a choice. I choose to work hard at being a lawyer, you choose to work hard at being a famous singer or whatever. Accept the choice, and don't whine about it."


"I'm not whining about it," he said softly. "Damn, I was just trying to make conversation."


"Damnit, I'm sorry Nick," she said, her voice softening slightly. "I just go off sometimes, especially when I'm tired. I really am kind of a bitch, I guess. Just ask Jamie, she'll tell you. I listen to people moan and groan all day long about how they have screwed up and then I have to fix their problems." She fell back into the chair and laughed softly, "It just pisses me off sometimes."


"I can understand that," Nick said as he got up from the couch and walked over behind the recliner. "It gets to everyone, even us superstars." He laughed as he reached down and started to massage Taylor's neck.


"Oh, damn, that feels good Nick," Taylor closed her eyes and tried to enjoy the feeling, then she giggled, "but you're not getting a discount on your attorney's fees."


Nick felt the mood lighten and the two began to chat. Taylor asked Nick all about the band, how they got together, how long they had been together, about the rest of the guys. She figured the more that she knew about the group, the better off she would be. They all sounded very different and she was surprised that they had been together so long. She wondered about Nick being so young and having experienced all that he had so early. The two of them wound up lying on the floor in the living room, laughing and talking like they had been friends for years.


"So, how long have you known Jamie?"


"Gosh, I guess, what, twelve years or so. We went to college together and then to law school together."


"Wow, that's a long time. No wonder you two are 'Heads' and 'Tails,'" he said laughing.


"Yeah," she laughed with him. "We used to get into all kinds of trouble together but we had so much fun. . . Probably too much fun sometimes. I remember one time. . ." She stopped when she heard a faint ringing. Quickly grabbing her purse, she rummaged through it looking for her cell phone.


Looking at the incoming number she mumbled, "Shit, I forgot to call Mike. He's gonna kill me," she said in a panic. She hit the button on the phone and spoke softly, "Hello?"


"Yeah, I'm fine. No, I'm really sorry we just got caught up talking about the case. . . No, Jamie's sleeping. No, I'm not at a hotel, I’m at Kevin's house, you know, Jamie's boyfriend. Yes, of course. . . no, Mike, please, don't be mad at me. Yes, I'm alone. . . no, Mike, don't, would you just calm down, please? Okay, yeah, I know, I'll be home in a couple of days. . . The trial is in two weeks, so I have to come back here. Mike, please, don't, Mike, just. . ." Taylor stopped and stared blankly at the phone.


Nick had gone back to sitting on the couch and looked shyly at Taylor as she paced around the living room on the phone. He tried to act as if he didn't hear her conversation, but that was almost impossible. He didn't say anything when she finished, he just watched her walk back over to the chair and pick up the file as she sat down.


Taylor looked over at Nick a little bleary eyed, as if she were about to cry. She took a deep breath and managed to speak, "So, ummm, are you sure that you don't remember anything else about this girl, or the promotion that day?"


"Yeah, I'm sure." He looked at Taylor and saw so much pain he was almost in tears himself. "Taylor, are you alright?"


"Yes, I'm fine, really. That was my, uh, boyfriend, Mike. I was so stupid, I forgot to call him when I got here." She tried her best to lighten her tone, "He was just really worried, that's all."


Nick didn't know why but he got the feeling he didn't like Mike very much. "Yeah, I can imagine."


Taylor started picking up the file and her other things and laid them neatly on the coffee table. "Well, I had better get some sleep. There is lots of work to be done tomorrow."


Nick picked himself up off of the floor. "Yeah, I guess I better hit the sack too."


They walked toward the stairs. "Hey Taylor," Nick said, turning to her as she started up the stairs.


"Yes, Nick?"


Nick took her hand and just held it lightly. "Umm, I just wanted to thank you kind of in advance for helping us. We really appreciate this."


Taylor looked at that sweet face and wondered what kind of person could accuse him of something like this. Guys like Nick didn't do these sort of things, but there were guys that did. "No Nick, thank you," she whispered as she turned and ran up the stairs.