- Text Size +
Jennifer was painfully aware of every moment Nick was touching her during the performance that night, feeling like her skin was burning every time they made contact. She whirled in his arms and smiled for the crowd, wondering if any of them could tell how he was effecting her, praying Kevin couldn't tell. When the show finally ended, she made a beeline for the van back to the hotel, refusing to talk to Carly until she had showered and was safely under covers in their room.

"What is with you?" Carly threw the room service menu at Jennifer and rolled her eyes. "You've been all moody ever since before the show."

Jen snuggled up in the covers and groaned. She couldn't smell Nick on her anymore, at least, but she could still feel him, hear him....she was his whore, she couldn't get it out of her mind. Nick Carter's little whore. "Don't ask."

"Get in a fight with Kevin?"

"No."

"Brian?"

"No."

"Nick?"

Jennifer hesitated a moment before answering, "no."

"I'm about to place the room service order, if you're honest, I'll order liquor too." Carly picked up the phone and looked threateningly at Jen. "Do we need alcohol?"

Jen sighed and waved and her friend, nodding. "Yeah, get alcohol."

A bottle of wine later, Carly was laughing hysterically over the idea of Jennifer being Nick's 'little whore.' "Wouldn't Kevin freak the fuck out if he knew Nicky was saying this shit to you," she cackled gleefully, rolling around on the bed.

"It's really not funny," Jennifer moaned, holding her empty wineglass up in the air mournfully. "I don't want to be anyone's whore, much less Nick's."

"What do you call what you're doing with him, then?"

"Well, yes, I AM acting like his whore," Jennifer threw the wineglass down on the carpet, making a face when it didn't even break. "I just don't want to be."

"Ok," Carly sat up on the bed and looked at Jen. "Now we're getting somewhere. What do you want?"

"I want...." Jennifer started giggling and wrapped her arms around herself. "I want a big strong romantic man to come and sweep me away and tell me he loves me."

"Nick's two doors down." Carly replied with a shrug.

"Nick isn't going to tell me he loves me, and I don't want him to," Jennifer shook her head stubbornly. Kevin would kill Nick if he ever found out they were sleeping together, but if they actually started to care?! That would be disastrous...

"No?"

"No." Jen repeated, emphasizing her word with a nod of her head. Although she wasn't exactly convincing herself...

"You want Nick though, I can see it in your eyes when you talk about him."

"I'm extremely attracted to him, yeah," Jennifer confessed, wrapping her arms around herself tight as she shivered at the thought of him. "I've never been with anyone like him, it's sick, this power he has over me..."

"If you just want to fuck him, it sounds like he has no problem with that," Carly said matter-of-factly. "Not if he's happily calling you his whore."

"But I have a problem with it. Lying to Kevin is starting to get to me," Jennifer said with a guilty frown. "He loves Nicky so much, he'd kill me if he ever found out."

"So stop. It's that simple," Carly replied, her eyes widening as a knock sounded on the door. "Now who could that be..."

"Get it?" Jennifer asked hopefully, rolling her eyes when Carly shook her head.

"There isn't a chance in hell whoever is at that door is there for me, it's all yours, babe." Carly said with a wave at the door. "Go get."

Jennifer got out of bed with a frown, pulling her nightshirt down as she walked to the door and opened it. "Hey Kevin."

Kevin was standing there with a grin on his face, and he grabbed her hand and pulled her into the hall the second he saw her. "You got your key?"

"Wait," Jen grabbed her key from inside the room before following Kevin, laughing at Carly's shout of "I told you so," as she closed the door behind her. "What's up?"

"Brian and I were channel flipping, guess what came on?" He pushed her inside his room with a laugh, pointing at the television. "Do you remember?"

Jennifer sat down on the bed next to Brian and looked at the television, laughing when she saw what he was staring at. "Dallas! How could I ever forget!" The three of them had all gotten chicken pox at the same time in school, and had spent one very long week together at Jen's house so Brian and Kevin's brothers didn't get sick. The first night together, they'd seen an episode of Dallas, and Kevin had decided on the spot he was JR, and spent the rest of the week living in a fantasy world. "Bobby, were you?" she looked at Brian with a smirk.

"Yes ma'am," he replied, tipping his hand to his head as if he were wearing a cowboy hat. "And how are you, Sue Ellen?"

"Missing my boys," Jennifer replied woefully, giggling when Brian pulled her into a hug. "Was I Sue Ellen? I thought I was Charlie?"

"No, you were married to me," Kevin sat down next to her on the bed, smiling at her wrapped in Brian's arms. "You weren't my whore, I wouldn't do that to you."

Jen froze at Kevin's choice of words, and she stared at him, wondering what he'd say if she told him Nick had done just that to her. "Right...Sue Ellen..."

"Remember, you and Kevin were gonna get married when you turned 18?" Brian reminded them, laughing when Jennifer wrinkled her nose in disgust. "You had such a crush...."

"I did not, you liked playing minister and marrying us! It was always your idea!" Jennifer protested, pushing Brian away from her on the bed and turning to Kevin. "You remember, right?"

"I remember a lot of things," Kevin said cautiously, pulling her to him and pushing her hair away from her face. "We were kids."

"I never had a crush on you," Jennifer told Kevin firmly, looking into his green eyes and frowning when she saw them narrow at her questioningly. "What? I had a crush on Brian at one point, I distinctly remember that..."

"Yeah, but that was perverse," Brian stood up with a laugh as the episode of Dallas ended. "I'm gonna go to bed, I'll see you two in the morning."

"Night, cuz," Kevin called after Brian, watching as the door closed behind him. "You really think you never had a crush on me?" He asked Jennifer softly, looking at her.

"I didn't," She replied softly, snuggling into his arms. "What?"

"Jenny Lynn," Kevin rolled over on the bed, sliding his leg between hers, his arms pulling her close to him. "Do you not remember?"

"That had nothing to do with any crush," Jennifer shook her head against his chest, wondering how on earth they'd ended up having this conversation. "That was a scared 15 year old who really wanted to lose her virginity to a guy she trusted." And she did....she just didn't know for the life of her why Kevin suddenly wanted to talk about it now. It was something she wanted to forget, and had spent over 10 years working at doing just that. In over twenty years of friendship, they crossed that line, once. It was a scar that would stay with her forever, and one she didn't need to think about, not now, when her mind was already so focused on Nick.

"That was very special," Kevin said softly, his hand tangling through her hair. "Do you remember?"

"How could I ever forget, Kevin? It was my first time," Jennifer leaned her head on his chest, smiling as she felt his other hand rub over her belly. "It was wonderful." The event itself, yeah, it had been wonderful. Kevin was her best friend, her whole world, and when he'd suddenly started acting like a man, god, it had been one of the most amazing experiences of her life. He'd introduced her to sex, and then he'd gone away, never knowing what he'd left behind. And he would never know...

"Best you ever had, I bet," he said in a boasting tone, wiggling his hips against hers on the bed.

Jennifer snickered and smacked his rear, feeling tempted, just for a moment, to tell him who the best she ever had REALLY was. Wouldn't that blow his mind... "yeah, right, Smartass."

"What?"

"Kevin, you were good, but you were only 18. I like to think you've gotten a lot better since then, otherwise, poor Kristen," Jennifer shook her head consolingly, unable to keep a straight face when Kevin's face flushed red. "Aww, you don't like your manhood being challenged?"

"If I didn't have a ring on my finger, I'd throw you down right now and show you how wrong you were," Kevin told her firmly, before reaching over and turning out the light. "Now go to sleep."

"Even without the ring, I'm not interested, Richie boy," Jennifer giggled, pulling the blankets up around them with a sigh. "But goodnight, Kevin. Thanks for the memories, really."

"My pleasure," he replied, curling up into her on the bed, thinking about how wrong he'd been about Jennifer being on tour. Everything was working out just fine.



Jennifer felt, more than saw, a flash of light around her, and she opened her eyes cautiously, frowning when she recognized Brian standing in front of the bed. "What are you doing?"

Brian grinned and lifted the camera to his eye again, quickly snapping two more pictures before speaking. "I couldn't resist the photo op, you two looked far too adorable when I left last night."

"Thanks, cuz," Kevin frowned, rolling over on his side and snuggling his head into Jen's neck. "Go away," he mumbled, his body pressing up against hers on the bed comfortingly.

"Hey, why's your door wide open?" Nick walked into the room, looking curiously at Brian holding the camera.

Brian pointed at Kevin and Jennifer snuggled up on the bed, laughing when Kevin growled at them to get out. "He's not a happy camper."

Nick's eyes narrowed at the sight of Jen curled up in Kevin's arms, and he bit his lip hard before turning back to Brian. "You taking pictures?"

"Yup." Brian snapped a picture of Nick, the angry expression on his face forever captured on film. "What's with you?"

"I want breakfast," he shrugged, shooting another glance at Jennifer, who seemed completely unaware of his presence, her eyes shut, her head on Kevin's chest.

"Let's go, then," Brian replied, and followed Nick out the door, closing it firmly behind them.

"Wanna lock it this time?" Jennifer suggested to Kevin helpfully, relieved Nick had left without saying anything. She'd been painfully aware of him being in the room from the second he walked in, and hadn't opened her eyes, not knowing what she'd see if she looked at him. Not knowing what she'd feel, either...

"Frick and Frack," Kevin sighed, running his hands through Jen's hair. "Remember Brian before Nick?"

"I'd rather not," Jennifer giggled, squirming when Kevin tickled the back of her neck. "I really can't picture him as a minister, I know it's who he would have become, but, I really can't....not with some of the things he's done..."

Kevin smiled and pressed a finger to Jen's lips, silencing her. "Now, some things, we just shouldn't ever repeat, Jenny Lynn."

"Hey, us Southern girls, we know all about secrets. You know a family that doesn't have at least one, Kev?" Jennifer put on her heaviest twang as her eyes twinkled. "I do seem to recall some things round the way about that Richardson boy getting his varsity butt caught out on Lovers Lane with, wait, could it be, Mary Jo Donnelly? And, wait, was it not true that her little sister SUZY was in the back seat of the car at the time?"

"Suzie was NOT there," Kevin protested, "Mary Jo made that up to try to calm her mom down."

"Oh, because thinking her little sister was there while she was sleeping with the local jock would be a good thing for her mom," Jennifer laughed. "You were fun in high school, Kevin."

"Yeah, so were you," Kevin replied, looking at the clock across the room. "We need to get up," he said with a frown, sitting up in bed. "Then we should go get that film from Brian."

Jennifer laughed, agreeing with him completely. "You're on."