- Text Size +
"Jennifer Lynn Mitchell, where the hell are you!!"

Jennifer looked up from her spot in Nick's arms at the shout from Kevin, seeing him walking down the rows of the arena, Kristen's hand in his. "Kristen!" She shouted happily, disengaging herself from Nick and jumping down off the stage, running to her and grabbing her in a tight hug. "How are you?"

"Doing great, how are you?" Kristen returned the hug with a smile, looking her over carefully. "These boys aren't working you too hard, are they?"

"They're big pussycats, really, I swear," Jennifer told her in a hushed tone, laughing when Kevin smacked her head in argument. "See, he can't even hit hard."

"Darlin, I'm not hitting a woman, ever, don't tempt me to do it just to prove a point." Kevin warned her before jumping up to the stage, leaving the two women alone.

"He's a big baby." Jennifer shook her head before sitting down in a seat, pointing for Kristen to do the same. "How was your flight? Everything ok?"

"No complaints," She sat down and smiled at Jennifer, smoothing her hair over shoulder. "And you? Now that Kevin's not here? They're not working you too hard?"

Jennifer laughed, shaking her head again. "Really they're not. It is a lot harder than the NSYNC tour ever was, I'll give you that, but that's more the style of dancing. I'm a lot more involved in their show than I ever was the NSYNC show."

"And you dance with Nicky?"

"I dance with all the guys, but Nick's my main partner, yeah," Jennifer nodded, watching Nick practicing on the stage. "He's fun to dance with."

"Kevin ever tell you about Nick?" Kristen asked her softly, noticing who she was looking at.

Jennifer's gaze dropped to the floor, and she shook her head slowly. "No, Brian did...a little too late..."

Kristen's eyes widened, and she put her hand on Jen's knee consolingly. "We need to talk, I think, but not now, and not here. Tomorrow night, after the concert, we'll find a bar or something, just the two of us. Ok?"

Jennifer nodded, feeling tears spring to her eyes when Kristen hugged her tight. The older woman had always been like a big sister to her, and she'd always looked up to her. Anyone who could capture Kevin's heart had to be an amazing person in her book, right? "Thanks."

"That's what I'm here for, Jen, to fix Kevin's mess. I always do," Kristen smiled, rubbing her back with a sigh. What a mess Kevin had made for himself this time. And as always, he didn't even know it...



Jennifer froze at the sound of the knock on the door, with Kristen in town, there was only one person that could be. "Fuck," she cursed, rolling over in bed and batting her eyes at Carly.

"Don't even try it," Carly said, pulling her covers over her head. "And take your key, and turn out the light as you go, will you?"

"Bitch," Jen muttered, getting out of bed with a frown and grabbing her key, obligingly flicking off the light as she opened the door. "Hi, Nick."

Nick's eyes lit up at the sight of Jen in her nightshirt, the big cow smack on her tummy. "Hey..."

"I don't want to be your whore," Jennifer said softly, closing the door in his face.

"Wait," Nick stuck his hand in the door and pushed it open, taking her hand and dragging her into the hall. "Come talk to me."

"Nick..."

"Just go!" Carly shouted at her from inside the room. "Some of us want to get some sleep!"

"She knows what's best for you," Nick grinned, pulling on her hand playfully. "Come on..."

"Ok..." Against her better judgment, Jennifer followed Nick down the hall and into his room, sitting down on the couch next to him. She looked at him curiously, wondering what he had to say.

Nick took a deep breath and turned to her, pushing a stray lock of hair out of her face as he spoke, his eyes gazing into hers. "Jenny, I know I made you feel like shit the other day, I'm so sorry for that. I didn't mean to, I swear..."

Jennifer frowned and bit her lip, feeling tears come to her eyes at his words. Ok, now this wasn't supposed to happen... "you did make me feel like shit."

"I just, I wanted you, I always have, I still want you, and I didn't know how else to let you know," Nick ran his finger down her arm, bending his head closer to her when she shuddered under his touch. "I wanted you to be mine, not Kevin's...that was the only way I knew how..."

"I'm not Kevin's," Jennifer said softly, her gaze dropping to her lap, unable to take the expression in Nick's eyes anymore.

"But will you be mine?" Nick asked her, before bending his head and kissing her gently, his lips just barely brushing over hers.

"Not your whore..." Jennifer breathed, recognizing the now all too familiar rush as Nick's lips began trailing down her neck.

"Not my whore," he agreed, licking the sensitive skin behind her ear until she squirmed. "More than that."

"How much more?" Jennifer asked, laughing when he rolled on top of her with a smirk.

"Oh, so much more...." Nick replied, bending down and kissing her again, feeling her hips push up into him. "Didn't Kevin ever tell you how much I've always liked you?"

"Nope," Jennifer shook her head rapidly, laughing when Nick groaned. "What?"

"I thought you knew, everyone always knew." Nick slid one hand under her nightshirt, smiling when she arched up into his fingers. "Well, I always have...I told Brian the day I met you that I was gonna steal you away from Kevin someday."

Jennifer stared at Nick as he deftly removed her nightshirt, leaving her wearing only her panties beneath him. "Steal me away from Kevin."

"I was young, I thought since you were friends, you had to be together," Nick replied, before shaking his head. "Can we please stop talking about Kevin?"

"Nick, wait, he can't know..." Jennifer gasped and sat up, shaking her head. "What am I doing...I can't ever be more than your whore."

"Sure you can," Nick disagreed, pushing her back down onto the bed. "What you are to me is what you feel inside, and what I feel inside. You're not my whore, baby, ok?"

"No?"

"Never," Nick said softly, kissing her until he felt her relax under him. "But will you be my Jenny? At least to me?"

"Your Jenny, that I can be."

"Cool. Nick's Jenny."

Jennifer wrapped her arms around Nick's neck and lost herself in him, feeling like nothing could be wrong in the world. She didn't know why, but it just sounded right, and it felt so good, hearing him say those words. Nick's Jenny. Not his whore.

Now that was her.



"AJ suggested this place," Kristen held open the door to the small bar and waved Jennifer in, following close behind. "He said it would be a good place for two ladies to hang out and talk without getting bothered."

Jennifer walked inside the bar and stopped dead in her tracks, laughing as she took in the scenery. Judy Garland records hanging on the wall, Barbara Streisand playing, men everywhere... "Of course, he sends us to a gay bar," she giggled, making her way to a booth and sitting down.

"We should take him to Henrietta Hudson's next time we're in New York City," Kristen suggested, laughing when Jen clapped in agreement.

"AJ in a lesbian bar, that would be a sight to see, it's a date." Jennifer grinned, ordering a beer when the waiter came over.

"Should we do a shot?" Kristen asked her, wiggling her eyebrows. "Girls night out, and all?"

"Why not," Jen agreed with a shrug, smiling at the cute waiter.

Three lemondrops and two beers later apiece, the two were giggling away over all of the beautiful men in the bar, Jennifer lamenting over how they all weren't the slightest bit interested in her. "You think AJ intentionally sent us here knowing I'd be drooling all night?" She asked Kristen, her eyes widening as another beautiful rear walked by.

"Me too," Kristen licked her lips as a man across the room started dancing seductively to the music on the jukebox. "Now if only Kevin could move like that..."

"He tries," Jennifer giggled, taking another sip of her beer. "At least he tries."

"You should get up and show this guy how it's done," Kristen gestured to Jennifer, wiggling her hips. "You're the amazing dancer of the bunch, right?"

"I dance enough every day," Jennifer shook her head, watching as another man joined the one currently dancing around. "And he's got a partner."

"Aah, yes, I can't believe I almost forgot," Kristen waved to the waiter to bring them another shot, making sure they both drank it down before asking. "Now that you can't see straight. Nicky. Spill."

Jennifer licked the remnants of the flavored vodka off of her lips before replying. "I think I'm really falling for Nick."

Kristen's eyes widened dramatically, and she sat up straight, looking at the younger woman in amazement. "Really?"

"Really." Jennifer nodded rapidly, giggling when the room spun. Ever since last night when she'd become "Nick's Jenny," she'd decided she really liked that feeling. And what Kevin didn't know, wouldn't hurt him, right?

"So you said Brian did tell you about the way he feels about you, right?"

"He told me, and then Nick told me last night," Jennifer smiled, remembering their conversation the night before. "But Kevin doesn't know anything's going on...please don't tell him."

"Jesus, Jen, I wouldn't, but he's going to freak when he finds out," Kristen shook her head slowly in warning. "Are you sure you want to do this? You and Nick could both get really hurt here."

"What do you think Kevin would say if we told him? Went to him, say we cared about each other?" Jennifer asked hopefully. She'd been thinking about that too...just confronting Kevin with the whole thing.

"I think you should save that for the day Nick puts a ring on your finger," Kristen advised. "I don't know exactly what it is about Kevin and you, but he doesn't want any of his friends anywhere near you. And I know for a fact that Nick tops that list."

"But it's silly, you know that," Jen finished off her beer with a sigh. "God knows I didn't mean to fall for Nick, but I did...what can I say, I really like being with him."

"It's not me you need to convince, I'm afraid," Kristen stood up and pulled Jennifer into a hug. "Enjoy yourself with Nick, and just be careful, ok? I don't want to see any of you getting hurt."

"Thanks," Jennifer returned the hug, glad she'd been able to talk to the older woman. She'd been ready to go storming into Kevin's room and tell him about Nick, and Kristen was right, that would be a horrible idea. They'd been pretty good at keeping their affair from Kevin so far, how hard could it be now that they were finally admitting they had a relationship to hide?