- Text Size +
Jennifer woke up with a start, gasping in horror when she realized what she'd done. She carefully got out of bed, looking for her clothes on the floor of the room, trying not to wake up Kevin. Spying her shirt, she quickly walked across the room, cursing loudly when she stubbed her toe on the edge of the bed.

"Morning," Kevin opened his eyes lazily to look at her, a smile on his face. "You look beautiful," he was unable to resist telling her, she looked like a goddess, standing in front of him naked, her blond hair glistening in the morning's light.

Jennifer blushed and quickly grabbed her shirt off the floor, slipping it over her head. "I gotta go," she walked to the door, stopping when she heard Kevin call after her. "What?"

"Don't you want the rest of your clothes?" He asked her, the smile on his face growing wider at her discomfort. Maybe he was wrong? She was acting guilty...she hadn't said it was a mistake...

"I'll get them later," Jennifer stammered, letting herself out of the room and closing the door behind her with a heavy sigh. She stood with her back against the door for a moment, catching her breath, her eyes squeezed tightly shut. What the fuck had she done....she loved Nick. What was she doing sleeping with Kevin? Not to mention...Kristen...

"I hope you used a condom this time."

Jennifer's stomach twisted in recognition of the voice before her mind caught up with her, her eyes popping open to stare at Nick. She looked down at her bare legs in horror, realizing what this had to look like. "Nicky..."

Nick was wearing a wifebeater and shorts, a towel slung over his neck, clearly on his way back from the hotel gym. He shook his head slowly and continued down the hall to his room without another word, letting himself in and closing the door firmly behind him.

Jennifer bit her lip as she felt her eyes fill with tears, and she quickly made her way to her own room, groaning when she realized she didn't have her key. She knocked on the door, then banged on it, cursing when Carly didn't answer. "Come on, Carly, WAKE UP!" She shouted, kicking the door.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Carly finally opened the door, frowning when Jennifer pushed past her into the room. "Jen?"

Jennifer walked straight to her bed and flung herself down, buying her face in the pillows. "I fucked up but good this time."

"Where are your pants, Jen?" Carly sat down on the edge of the bed next to Jennifer, looking at her carefully. "Chickie?" she asked carefully when Jennifer didn't reply. "Oh, Jen," she breathed when she realized the woman was sobbing into her pillow, pulling her up and into a hug. "Whatever happened, don't worry, it'll be alright."

Jennifer just cried her eyes out, unable to explain what had happened, the mere fact that it had was hard enough for her to handle at the moment. When she was finally done sobbing, Carly lay her down in the bed and pulled the covers up around her, watching as she fell into a fitful sleep.

"You only got a couple hours, then I gotta wake you up," Carly told Jennifer's sleeping figure, shaking her head slowly. She had been playing with fire, dating Kevin's little brother. And it looked like she'd just gone and gotten good and burned.



Carly sat and flipped channels on the television while she waited for Jennifer to wake up, the only interruption being Brian coming by the room to check on Jennifer. He semeed as clueless as she was about what had happened, only knowing that something had, and it involved both Kevin and Nick. She turned off the tv when Jennifer finally stirred, a wry smile crossing her face, "Sleeping beauty finally awakens?"

"I don't ever want to wake up again," Jennifer groaned and rolled over in bed, burrowing herself under the heavy covers.

"We have a show to do tonight, darling, or have you forgotten?" Carly reminded her softly.

"Fuck." Jennifer cursed, and squirmed around in bed to look at a clock. "Fuck." She repeated, seeing they only had an hour before they had to leave.

"So what in the world happened last night?" Carly asked, a concerned expression on her face. "You come home bright and early, half naked, in tears, and fall asleep....not exactly like you, Jen."

Jennifer sat up in the bed and looked at her friend, feeling tears fill her eyes as she thought about what she'd done. "I slept with Kevin," she said softly, dropping her eyes to the floor when Carly's face fell. Even Carly knew what she'd done was wrong...

"Oh god, Jennifer, why..." Carly had to ask, she knew Jennifer loved Nick. What was she doing sleeping with Kevin?

"Nick, he knows something about me...about Kevin...that Kevin doesn't know," Jennifer started crying in earnest as she told Carly. "He's going to tell Kevin, I know he is, and then he's going to hate me."

"What does Nick know?" Carly was almost afraid to ask the question, hearing the terror in Jennifer's voice. Her friend really thought she was going to lose Kevin over this.

Jennifer shook her head slowly, "I can't...I shouldn't have ever told Nick. I should have told Kevin, and only Kevin, a long time ago."

"So tell Kevin now." Carly shrugged. "Whatever it is, you're his best friend, I'm sure he'll understand."

"Not about this," Jennifer whispered, still staring at the floor. "I was going to tell him last night, but then everything just got so strange...I was so afraid I was going to lose him, Carly."

"What about Nick?"

Jennifer felt her stomach cramp and bit her lip. "Nick won't talk to me."

"He knows what happened last night?"

She nodded slowly, wiping at the tears on her face. "He saw me leaving Kevin's room."

"Oh jesus, Jen, what a mess," Carly sighed, running her hands through her hair and pushing it back from her face. "You gotta dance with the boy tonight, you know."

"God, how?" Jennifer cried, staring at her friend in frustration. "I love Nick, and I don't know how to get him back without losing my best friend in the process. I need him...and he hates me..."

"Just tell him," Carly suggested. "Go to him now, tell him you love him. He's probably in his room, getting ready to leave."

"Now?" Jennifer sniffled, raising her head to look at the door hopefully. "You think?"

"You're going to see him tonight, one way or another, might as well get it overwith now, right?"

"Right." Jennifer nodded. Get it overwith. She didn't want it to be overwith...not ever...not at all. With a sigh, she stood up and walked to the door, going down the hallway to Nick's room before she could think twice about her decision. She knocked once, then pressed her ear to the door to listen, remembering the sniffles she'd heard from inside last night. Nothing. "Nicky?" She called, and knocked again, frowning when she still heard nothing from inside.

"Dammit," she cursed, returning to her room with a frown. "He's not there," she told Carly, shaking her head in frustration. "I guess I get to talk to him tonight, before the show."

"Oh, won't this be fun," Carly sighed. When she'd told Jennifer she had been providing entertainment on the tour, this wasn't exactly the type of entertainment she'd been refering to...not when people got hurt. "I'm so sorry, chickie."

"Yeah, so am I," Jennifer agreed. So very sorry...for everything.