- Text Size +
"GO AWAY!" Jennifer screamed at the knock on the door, not caring who it was. She didn't want to see anyone, anymore, right now she was just mad at everyone.

"Jenny Lynn, open up darlin'," Kevin drawled softly through the door, knocking again. "Come on, baby, I can hear you crying."

"Go away, Kevin," Jennifer shook her head stubbornly and refused to move, her eyes widening when she heard a click and the door opened. "What the fuck?"

"Hotel managers," Kevin shrugged and held up his copy of the key to her room as he walked in, sitting down on the bed next to her and pulling her into his arms. "Shh, Jenny Lynn, don't cry," he said in a soothing voice, his hands rubbing her back consolingly.

"No, Kevin," Jennifer pushed him away and got out of bed, her heart pounding from his touch. "You need to leave, now, I have to pack...fix this mess from home."

"Leave?" Kevin's eyes widened in surprise, and he grabbed her hand, shaking his head slowly. "No, you're not going anywhere, Jenny Lynn."

"I'm leaving the tour, Kevin, I'm going home," she replied, letting out a soft cry when he pulled her down onto his lap, his arms wrapping around her and trapping her in place. "Kevin, stop it."

"Stop what, Jenny Lynn?" Kevin said softly, as he bent down and nuzzled her neck, his tongue flickering delicately over her skin. "Stop this?"

"Yes," Jennifer struggled against Kevin's arms, but he was stronger than she was, and she remained solidly planted in his lap. "Kevin, I love Nick, this is wrong."

"You love me, Jenny Lynn, I know you do." Kevin replied, raising his head so he could look into her eyes. "Don't you."

"Of course I love you, Kevin," Jennifer whispered, her head spinning as she tried to think straight. "But that's different."

"Why is it different?" Kevin whispered back, his lips barely an inch from hers.

Jennifer turned her head to the side, feeling Kevin's breath against her ear. "It's a different kind of love, Kevin."

"I don't see how," Kevin replied, running his hands down the sides of her body to cup her rear, pulling her hips into him with a soft groan. "I love you, Jenny Lynn."

"Not like that," Jennifer argued, pushing against his chest in her frustration. "Kevin, let me go..."

"What can Nick do for you that I can't, Jenny?" Kevin asked her, smiling when she didn't immediately reply. "I make you feel good, don't I, baby?"

"Kevin, please..." Jennifer begged, as she felt his hands slide under her shirt and pull it off, his arms quickly returning to trap her on his lap. "Don't do this..."

"I love you, baby, I don't see the problem," Kevin bent down and kissed the hollow of her neck, smiling when he heard her moan softly. "See, you like this."

"I love Nick," she said, trying again in vain to get off of his lap, feeling completely exposed and unprotected, the air in the room feeling cold against her bare skin.

"If Nick loves you so much, baby, where is he now," Kevin asked her as he unclasped her bra and pulled it off of her, the horrified expression on her face telling him he'd hit a nerve. "I love you, I'm here."

"Nick does love me," Jennifer protested weakly, scared in her heart that Kevin was right.

"If he loved you, he would be here, wouldn't he, Jenny Lynn," Kevin said with a shrug before taking her breasts in his hands, his fingers running over her nipples, goosebumps forming on her skin in reaction. "Nick wouldn't let a woman he loved be with another man, now, would he."

"No...."

"He didn't want to see you, did he." Kevin didn't expect a reply, didn't need one, and kissed her gently before whispering in her ear. "I love you, Jenny Lynn, and that's all that matters."

Jennifer closed her eyes as she felt Kevin's mouth close on her nipple, squeezing them shut against the tears she was sure were soon to fall.

At least Kevin loved her.

And that was all that mattered.



"I have to leave," Jennifer was packing, throwing clothes into her bags as quickly as possible. She wanted to be on an airplane and far away from New York before she saw Kevin, Nick, or anyone again.

"You can't leave," Carly argued with her loudly over the music blaring from the radio in the corner. "Kevin said..."

"Forget what KEVIN said," Jennifer groaned, glaring at the radio. "And will you turn that off?"

"No, the guys are about to be on," Carly replied, sitting down on the bed next to her. "And Kevin is your boss, and if he refuses to let you out of your contract, you can't leave the tour."

"Kevin's COUSIN was the one who told me to get off of the tour," Jennifer shot back, "and I highly doubt Kevin's going to sue me over this. What's he going to do when I get up in court and say I left the tour because he wouldn't stop coming on to me?"

"Coming on to you?" Carly snickered, then rolled her eyes. "You slept with him, babe, twice. I didn't spend last night in AJ's room by choice, you know, there was nowhere else to go."

"I was wondering where you were!" Jennifer's mouth dropped open, and she looked at her friend in surprise. "Good news, finally! So you and AJ?"

"Nothing happened, chickie, I just needed a place to sleep. I heard some sounds coming from this room when I got back last night, figured no matter who was inside, I didn't want to find out." She laughed. "I found AJ downstairs in the bar, he let me crash on his couch."

"Oh." Jennifer's head shot up as she heard Kevin's voice coming from the radio. "The interview's starting?"

"Yeah," Carly crossed her legs and stared at the radio as the interview began, laughing when they started with the 'boxers or briefs' question. "Don't they normally work up to that?"

Jennifer couldn't help but laugh, and nodded solemnly. "I guess it's an icebreaker."



"Now, let's talk marital status," the DJ snickered, looking at the boys sitting across from him in the studio. "I know we got married ones, but who's single?"

"I am," AJ said with a grin, "so's Howie."

"And me," Nick added, much to everyone's surprise. "All three of us are single at the same time, now."

"Wait, I thought Nick was dating one of your dancers?" The DJ asked questioningly.

"Not anymore." Nick replied, shooting a glare at Kevin.

Kevin shook his head slowly, but said nothing, looking at the DJ.

"Ok..." The DJ checked his notes before continuing. "That kills the next question about Kevin's best friend."

"No, why don't you ask that question," Nick interrupted, still staring at Kevin. "What kind of best friend is he? Or she?"

"Why don't we move on," Kevin said softly, his green eyes flashing angrily at Nick. "Leave her out of this."

"Sure," the DJ said quickly, sensing the animosity between the two men. "Brian, Kevin, you two are the married ones, any chance we'll see some Backstreet babies in the near future?"

"Why don't you ask Kevin." Nick said, the hurt dripping from his voice.

"What?" Kevin and Brian said the word at the same time, both of them looking at Nick in surprise.

"Nicky, calm down," AJ warned him quietly, pulling off his sunglasses to stare at him when Nick stood up, throwing his chair back. "Nick!"

"No, fuck this," Nick pulled off his headset and threw it on the table, shaking his head in frustration. "Kevin's already had a Backstreet Baby, ask him about making it sometime. I'm sure it's quite a story." And with that, he stormed out of the studio, AJ following close on his heels.

"Nick's been a little upset lately," Kevin said quickly into the microphone, wondering what the hell he was talking about. "No Backstreet babies in the immediate future, no, I can promise you that...."