- Text Size +
Jennifer was very pleased to get through her first Backstreet Boys concert without any major mistakes. She tripped over Nick's foot once, and almost fell off the stage another time (which she had chosen to blame on Kevin, although he was nowhere near her at the time), but all in all, not bad. She slung her bag over her shoulder and tentatively walked towards the tour bus, still unsure of her decision to join the guys' on theirs instead of riding with the rest of the dancers.

"You coming?" AJ ran up to her from behind, giving her a push towards the bus. "We're holding everyone up, I think..."

"You sure you're ok with me riding on your bus?" Jennifer asked him, still walking slowly.

"Yes, just move," AJ told her impatiently, waving towards the bus, which was now honking at them.

"Ok," Jen shrugged and ran towards the bus with AJ, jumping onto it just as it pulled away.

"You'd think you two were out for a casual stroll," Brian remarked, laughing as AJ flung himself into a seat, out of breath from the brief sprint.

"Jen wanted to take her time," AJ grumbled, pointing at her. "She wants to get us killed, I think."

"What?" Jennifer asked innocently, looking at the expressions on the faces around her. "What are you talking about?"

Kevin grabbed Jen's hand and pulled her towards the window, pointing outside. "They were running after Alex, Jenny," he gestured to the swarm of girls gathered around the bus, preventing it from moving at any faster than a snail's pace.

"Oops," Jennifer sat down and looked at AJ apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't see them."

"Forget it," AJ shrugged, before standing up with a groan. "I'm going to bed, goodnight all."

"Night AJ," Kevin called after him. "Jen, you want to pick out a bunk? We have a few extra."

"Sure," Jennifer stood up and followed Kevin to the bunks, choosing the one that Nick told her to take, for reasons beyond her. "Thanks for letting me stay here," she told them all, looking around with a grin. Their bus was a thousand times better than the dancer's bus, that was for sure.

"You're like family to Kevin and Brian, which makes you family to us. Our family always rides on the bus with us," Howie said with a smile. "So there you have it."

Jen smiled as Kevin pulled her into a hug, snuggling into his embrace. "Yeah, nobody other than family would put up with this guy for as long as I have..."

"You love me, admit it," Kevin tried to tickle her, but ended up shouting when she squirmed out of his arms, running through the bus.

"Help!" Jen giggled, ducking behind Brian in the front of the bus. "Your cousin's on a rampage."

"Save yourself," Brian laughed and pushed Jennifer in front of him. "Blood's gotta stick together."

"Oh, thanks Brian," Jen glared at him as she felt Kevin grab her arm, spinning her around. "Ow..." She yanked herself out of his grasp and lost her balance, falling onto Nick sitting on the couch behind her with a thud. "Hey, Nicky," she giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck and leaning back on his lap.

"Well, hello Jennifer," Nick laughed, his arms going around her back to hold her in place on his lap. He'd been watching Kevin chase her around the bus with some amusement, and her ending up on his lap was quite alright with him. "I won't let Kevin hurt you, don't worry."

"My hero," Jen cooed, snuggling into Nick's chest. She heard Kevin snort loudly behind her and turned around to stare at him. "See, you drove me into Nick's arms. Literally."

"Very funny," Kevin narrowed his eyes and shook his head. "I'm going to sleep. Get off of his lap."

"No," Jen replied with a smirk, wiggling her hips on Nick's lap, more to piss off Kevin than for any other reason, although the expression on Nick's face was pretty priceless as well. "Nicky likes me on his lap just fine, I think..."

"Yeah, he does..." Nick answered with a wide grin. Of course he liked having a beautiful woman on his lap, even if he couldn't touch her. Nothing wrong with flirting. "Can I keep her, Kev?"

"HANDS OFF," Kevin growled, before stomping off to the back of the bus, climbing into his bunk without another word.

"Oh, that was fun," Jennifer hugged Nick tight and smiled, "thanks." She moved to get off of his lap, giving him a curious look when his arms tightened around her. "What?"

"I like you on my lap." Nick told her, looking steadily into her eyes.

"I think Nick's being a flirt," Brian explained for Jen, walking past them shaking his head. "I'm going to sleep. Night."

"Flirting's only fun when Kevin's around to get pissed off," Jennifer told Nick, jumping off of his lap with a grin when his arms released her. "I'm going to head to bed as well, night."

"Night, Jen," Nick replied, watching her walk to the back of the bus with a frown. She didn't even like flirting with him? Well, he was just going to have to change that now, wasn't he. Even if he couldn't touch...nothing wrong with showing her how much fun flirting could be...right?



"I want no part of this discussion," Jennifer groaned. She'd walked in on the other dancers having a discussion over which one of the Backstreet Boys was best endowed, something she had no desire to know.

"Oh come on, you share a bus with them, surely you've seen something," Melissa chided Jennifer. "Spill!"

"Nothing, I swear," Jen shrugged, changing into her outfit for the night's performance. The first week of the tour had been uneventful, and she'd gotten used to sharing a bus with the guys in no time.

"Never even seen Kevin or Brian? You've known them since you were kids, right? Ever had a bath together?" Carly giggled as she checked her makeup in the mirror. "I bet you have..."

"A bath together when I was four years old doesn't count for shit," Jennifer rolled her eyes at her friend. "It's not like I would have been looking."

"Never?" Carly challenged.

"Ok, I married Kevin when I was six years old, but Brian wanted to play minister," Jennifer laughed as Carly groaned. "He did!! It was his favorite thing to do..."

"That's sick...see you guys out there," Melissa left the room laughing, followed quickly by a giggling Alison.

"Why does that not surprise me?" Carly said to Jen once the two women were alone.

"I think I even had a ring, although it was an earthworm," Jennifer reminisced with a smirk. "Big scandal, I bet, Kevin Richardson's first wife exposed."

"Very funny," Carly shook her head. "So no good dirt, huh."

"If I had any, what kind of a friend would I be to them if I shared it?" Jennifer replied with a shrug. "I wouldn't tell Kevin your secrets anymore than I'd tell you his."

"Point taken," Carly nodded. "So how's AJ doing?"

Jennifer laughed and stood up, running a brush through her hair before pulling it up into a high ponytail. "He's fine...I think he wants to go clubbing this weekend."

"Am I invited?" Carly asked, a grin on her face.

"Would I be telling you about it if you weren't?" Jennifer peered at herself in the mirror and grimaced. "I'm hopeless."

"You're gorgeous, shut the fuck up," Carly yanked on Jen's ponytail with a laugh. "And so am I. Now let's go shake those beautiful booty's of ours."

Jennifer yelled at Carly to stop as she was dragged out of the door by her ponytail, walking smack into Howie, sending both of them sprawling to the floor. "Sorry, D, I couldn't see where I was going..."

"That's ok," Howie pushed himself up off the ground with a smile, offering a hand to help Jen up. "Are you alright?"

"Fine," Jen shot a glare at Carly, who was trying hard not to laugh. "No thanks to Carly."

"Kiss my beautiful booty, baby," Carly smirked, smacking said beautiful booty for emphasis.

"I'm so sorry, but you're not my type in the slightest, Carly," Jennifer lamented, her hand on her forehead.

"So what is your type?" Nick came up on them in the hallway, laughing when he saw Jen's dramatics.

"A penis would be a good start," Jen stated matter-of-factly, grinning when Howie burst into laughter, shocked by her bluntness.

"Strap on?" Carly offered, stepping closer to Jen with a smirk.

"It's not the same," Jen turned her head away with overdone sadness, noting Nick's eyes light up as Carly stepped closer to her. So Nicky had a thing for Carly?

"I could try..." Carly embraced Jen in a tight hug, laughing when she saw Nick's mouth drop open. "Or maybe not," she let Jen go and turned to Howie, grabbing his rear in a pinch before he could move out of her way. "Definitely not, I like that..."

"Excuse me," Howie jumped away from her before she could pinch him again. "I think I have a show to warm up for.." he ran off down the hallway with a laugh, shaking his head over the women's antics.

"Yeah, me too," Nick agreed and followed Howie, needing some time before the show to recover from what he'd just seen. Damn that Jen...

"Now that was fun," Carly told Jen with a laugh, shaking her beautiful booty one final time. "Howie's awful cute when he's embarrassed."

"You're nuts," Jen replied. "Let's go, we have a show to warm up for too, you know."

"Yeah, let's go."