- Text Size +
"Oh my god!" Kevin screamed when he found Jennifer's body on the bathroom floor, her skin gray and sallow. His eyes widened when he spied the piece of paper on her stomach, and he picked it up, his body crumpling in a cry when he read the first line. "Oh god, Jenny Lynn, what have you done," he whispered, groaning as he heard a loud scream of a child reverberate through the house. He picked up his wife's hand, a tear falling from his eye when he felt her cold skin against his, and he ignored the cries, reading the paper in his hand instead.
Dear Nick,

Today is a very significant day to me, to you too, I bet, wherever you are, I'm sure you remember what happened a year ago today. You died, and while I may not have died physically, I died that day too...once when Kevin raped me, and again when you left without me.

Howie and AJ wanted nothing to do with him afterwards...I think AJ's been doing some solo stuff, and Howie's working on his club.

Kevin divorced Kristen very quietly in the aftermath of your death, she'd seen him push you, and had enough of his games. She just signed the papers he served her with.

One month after his divorce, Kevin and I got married in Las Vegas. It was what he had wanted when the same had happened when I was 15...I guess he got his wish. Not exactly the fairytale wedding I'd always wanted, but then again, someone had gone and stolen my prince from me...

Nine months to the day I died, you died, and my world ended, I gave birth to a little boy, Nickolas. I figured Kevin owed me that much, at least, if I couldn't be your wife, at least I could bear your namesake. You'd laugh if you saw him, Nicky, he has blond hair and blue eyes, like me, and you...he looks nothing like Kevin. It serves him right, doesn't it?

Why am I writing this letter to you, of all people? After all, isn't a suicide note supposed to be for the living?

There isn't anyone living I really care to speak with anymore...the only person I wish to speak with is already dead, so I am writing this letter to you. Maybe you'll get it before I arrive, know what's coming your way. Do you miss me, baby? I miss you so much....

My little boy...my little Nicky. His father will take good care of him, I'm sure, and may he be a daily reminder of the horrible, awful act he committed. He thinks he got away scot-free. May Kevin learn that NOTHING in life is free, and may all the powers of Hell come to destroy him if he is not the best father to Nicky he can be. He owes me, and you, at least that much.

Brian...Brian has been my savior since your death. He is Nicky's godfather, and I die content knowing that he will ensure no harm comes to my son. I do not want to leave him, but Kevin...he left me no choice...

I cannot be Nicky's mother, I am incapable of that. For as he will be to Kevin, he is a daily reminder to me of the day I lost my heart.

I love you, Nicky, and I always will.

I am so sorry for breaking Kevin's rule. I never realized how grave the consequences would be.

I will be with you soon. Please...please forgive me.

Jennifer