- Text Size +
Jennifer flopped down next to Kevin on the couch, smiling when his arm slipped around her back, pulling her into his chest. "Good show tonight," she said half-heartedly, making small talk.

"You still feeling sick?" He asked, looking at her carefully. She'd been acting funny all day, and had been blaming it on the flu, or something...

Jen leaned her head on his chest, closing her eyes and snuggling against him. "Yes, so stop talking." She felt a bump, then a jerk, as the bus started moving, taking them to their next destination.

"Take anything for your tummy?" Kevin's brow wrinkled as he rubbed her stomach slowly, smiling when she stretched out next to him.

"No, but that feels better," she whispered, feeling wonderfully relaxed. Ever since she was a kid, rubbing her stomach put her right to sleep...

Nick walked into the front of the bus and sat down in front of the television, looking up at Kevin and Jen with a curious glance. "She ok?"

"Doesn't feel well," Kevin explained, narrowing his eyes when Nick turned the tv on. "What are you doing?"

"Playing a game," Nick replied, picking up the controller and crossing his legs in front of him, getting comfortable.

"Jen's sick, and trying to sleep..." Kevin hissed at him, groaning in frustration when Brian joined Nick on the floor, grabbing another controller. "You guys just don't care, do you."

"Hey, it is our bus, Kev," Nick shrugged, turning up the volume on the television.

Jen squirmed against Kevin's chest when she heard the invasive sound of gunfire from the tv. And she'd just been getting comfortable... "I should go to my bunk," she told him, standing up and stretching with a groan.

"Sorry the children are so insensitive," Kevin apologized, glaring at Brian and Kevin, who didn't pay any attention to him.

"That's ok," Jennifer said softly. "Goodnight." She made her way to her bunk and climbed in, not at all surprised by Nick's actions, she supposed she deserved it. But Goddammit, she really hadn't known...how could she not have seen....how could Kevin not have told her? Especially when she joined the tour, he should have told her... Complaining to herself about how once again, Kevin trying to protect her had ended up biting her in the ass, Jen fell into an uncomfortable sleep, visions of Nick dancing through her head all night long.



"What is with you?" AJ glared at Jennifer, who had been screwing up in rehearsal all day.

"I'm just tired," she shrugged, and got back into place next to Nick, taking his hand with a glance at him. She'd been trying to talk to him for the last week, but he kept blowing her off. Kevin was going to figure out something was wrong soon enough, she had to get him to stop acting like a child and talk to her.

"Should try sleeping at night, instead of fucking around, then," Nick snapped at her as the music started again, roughly throwing her around, sending her flying into Howie. "Sorry, D."

"Don't apologize to me," Howie stood up, then turned to help up Jennifer, who was rubbing her head in a daze. "You ok?"

"I'll be fine," Jen smiled weakly, and accepted his hand up. She sighed with relief when Fatima declared the rehearsal over, and followed Nick out of the arena, cornering him in the hallway. "Nick, stop!"

"What do you want?" He turned around to look at her, a sad expression on his face. "We made a mistake, right?"

"Yeah, but we're friends, right? You can't keep ignoring me." Jennifer grabbed his hand and pulled her towards him, not letting go when he tried to pull away. "Nicky..."

"Jenny, I really liked making that mistake, ok?" Nick looked at his hand in hers, his lips turned down in a frown. "I wanna make it again..."

Jennifer's eyes widened, and she let Nick's hand go with a start. "That can't happen."

"I know," Nick shrugged. "Just sayin'."

"But we're ok, right? You're talking to me again?"

"I guess," Nick said softly, shaking his head. Take what you can get, that was the expression, right? "We had fun though, didn't we."

"Yeah, Nicky, we did," Jennifer confessed, feeling a familiar heat begin to burn between her legs when his eyes looked deep into hers.

Nick pulled her into a hug, wishing things could be different. "You can always come bitch to me about Kevin, though, that was fun too."

Jen giggled, marveling in how different Nick's hugs could feel from Kevin's...but so nice, so wonderful...where Kevin was hard and solid, Nick was soft and cuddly, and she just wanted to lose herself in him. She wrapped her arms around his back and smiled, "I'll always have stuff to bitch about too, I'm sure."

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!" Kevin hollered, walking around a corner and finding the two of them hugging each other.

Nick started laughing and released Jen, pushing her towards Kevin. "Here, she's all yours."

"Paranoid much, Kev?" Jen hugged him with a wry smile.

"Do you expect any less of me?" He asked her, smacking at Nick.

"Never, Richie, never."



"This really isn't funny," AJ sat on the couch on the tourbus, his head in his hands, complaining about how unfair life was. For the second time in a row, he had planned a crazy night clubbing, and they were going to be stuck spending it in traffic on the tour bus. "I wanted to dance!"

"Don't you dance enough every night?" Brian shrugged, walking over to the small refrigerator and pulling out a bottle of water before sitting down next to Jen on the floor, where she was watching tv. "What's on?"

"Midnight, that means only one thing," Jen changed the channel on the television before squirming around and hollering for Nick. "He'll kill me if I don't get him."

"What?" Brian asked, looking at the television in surprise. Looked like anime.

"Gundam Wing," Jen explained. Paul had gotten her hooked on the show months ago, and she in turn had turned Nick into quite a fan. And once you started watching, you never wanted to miss an episode. You couldn't, or else the show would never make sense again...

"That is my sign that it's time to go to bed," Kevin stood up and stretched, rolling his eyes at the television. He wasn't the slightest bit interested in Jen's silly cartoon...

"What's up?" Nick emerged from the back of the bus dressed only in a pair of boxers, wiping sleepy dust from his eyes.

"Gundam," Jennifer told Nick with a smile, taking in his disheveled appearance. Freshly fucked hair and all, as the expression went...

"There's no place left to sit," he pouted, pointing to Brian in his usual spot next to Jen on the floor.

"Here," Jen scooted forward and made room for Nick behind her, leaning back into his chest after he'd sat down, his legs wrapping comfortably around her. "This works."

Kevin cleared his throat loudly and crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at the two of them.

"Yes?" Jen looked up at Kevin, eyes wide with innocence, giggling when she felt Nick tickle her waist.

"I think Nick needs to put more clothes on," Kevin said slowly, not appreciating the way Jen was squirming in Nick's lap as he tickled her.

"Brian is sitting right here, Kevin, you're being a little silly," Jen told him as she smacked at Nick's hands.

"Yeah...." Kevin said hesitantly. Something about the two of them recently just grated at him, hit him in entirely the wrong way.

"Go to bed, Kevin," Jen waved him off before snuggling back into Nick's arms, glad he was finally done with his tickle fest.

"So, which one of you is going to explain to me what I've missed in the series so far?" Brian asked with a smile.

Jen and Nick both groaned at the same time, shaking their heads. He wasn't going to understand a thing....

Nick took a deep breath, and then started slowly. "Ok. So, well, there are these robot type things, and they're called Gundams.."

"What?"