- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
enjoy the update here is chapter 12
Chapter 12



Nick raced down the long corridor after finding our where Amanda was taken to, the maternity ward. He ran right into a sick looking Lance in the hall.

"She didn't have the baby, did she?" Nick asked.

"No.....but she needs someone in there with her. I can't watch, I have a weak stomach. Can you go in there and help her?" Lance replied. Nick tried to hide the fact he was so excited to be the one in the delivery room with Amanda.

"Sure, no problem dude." he said. After getting fitted in scrubs, Nick went into the room and saw Amanda screaming in pain, her forehead beaded with sweat.

"Nick! Where the hell were you?" Amanda snapped, glaring at him angrily. Another contraction gripped her belly and she screamed again. Nick watched all of this in amazement.

"I-was um, busy." he blurted out finally, feeling bad that he had been in a bathtub while something was ripping apart her insides.

"Son of a bitch!" Amanda yelled, pushing again. The nurse was trying to help Amanda while they waited for the doctor to arrive, who was running late.

"So, how is your day going?" Nick said with a smile. Amanda glared at him again and he fell silent.

"Not funny, Nick. You try squeezing something the size of a watermelon out of you and see how you feel." Amanda said, and Nick grimaced at the thought. A tall man walked into the room and clapped his hands together.

"All right, kids. Let's have a baby." he remarked. Nick assumed he must be the doctor but still didn't understand anything that was going on. Amanda held Nick's hand as she pushed and more contractions came and went. Nick tried his best to help coach her through it all. When it came time for the baby, Amanda cursed at Nick louder than ever, but he ignored it. He couldn't help but love her more for enduring all of this. After a while they heard a baby crying and it was all over.

"It's a girl! Congratulations!" the doctor said, smiling as Amanda began to cry.

"She is beautiful!" one of the nurses commented as they brought the baby over. Amanda looked at her daughter and knew right away Nick was the father. She had his face. Nick was smiling as they cried together.

"They are right, she is beautiful. Like her mom." Nick said, and Amanda smiled at him.

"She looks like you." Amanda stated. Nick knew this was his daughter but told Amanda he still wanted a paternity test done.

"What should we name her?"

"Celine." Amanda said. Celine Dion was her favorite singer, and Amanda had chosen the name a while before. Nick told her he loved the name.

"And the middle name?" he asked.

"Nicole, for her father." Amanda replied, smiling. Even though a DNA test had not been done yet, Amanda knew by looking at the baby girl that she was Nick's...she had his features.

"Mommy needs some rest after all of that. You can go to the waiting room." the nurse told Nick. He kissed Amanda on the cheek and left the room to find Lance sitting in the waiting room looking nervous.

"Well?" Lance asked, his green eyes watching Nick.

"A girl." Nick beamed. Lance cheered and hugged Nick, lifting him off of the ground.

"That's wonderful! Oh, I am a father! This is the best day of my life......thank you so much, Nick. I am glad you were there for her." Lance stayed, but Nick didn't say anything. All he could do was look at his feet and feel horrible. He didn't have the heart to tell him the baby was not his.

"Let's go and see my daughter, she must be in the nursery now." Lance said, and the two of them walked to the nursery, Nick feeling worse as the minutes went by. Nick and Lance found her near the window of the nursery.

"Ohhh, she is so beautiful. Like her mother." Lance said. Nick felt a pang of jealousy when Lance talked about Amanda.

"Hey, Nick." Brian said from behind them. Nick looked at Brian and knew he was about to start trouble, wanted to run far away and not look back.