- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
enjoy the update!!!!
Chapter 2


The wedding reception was held in Nick's backyard. He lived in a beautiful two story beach house with white shutters and a wrap around porch. Amanda and Tracy walked toward the ocean, talking while Nick mingled with guests.

"Congratulations, the ceremony was wonderful." Amanda said, grinning.

"Don't give me that crap. I know you are in love with my husband. Hmm...that does sound nice. MY husband." Tracy whispered threateningly. Amanda wanted nothing better in that moment then to push her to the ground and beat her senseless, but class held her back.

"Excuse me?" Amanda said, raising an eyebrow. Tracy had been acting cold towards her the last month or so...and now she knew why.

"Let me put it this way. He is mine. You are never going to be with him, and I will make damn sure it stays that way." Tracy said, leaving with a grin. Amanda watched her go inside and fell to her knees by the palm tree, sobbing. Brian appeared by her side a few minutes later, holding a glass of wine.

"Hey, hey....shhhhh....don't cry." he said gently, sitting next to her and rubbing her shoulder in comfort.

"I should be happy for Nick...but I'm not...does that make me a bad friend?" Amanda asked, mascara running down her cheek as she rubbed her red eyes.

"No.....of course not. You wanna know what I think? I think she rushed him into this....he loves you.....you two should be together." Brian said, wiping her cheek. Amanda had alwasy liked him, he was one of her dearest friends as well.....had always looked out for her.

"No he doesn't, Brian. Why hasn't he told me? He should have before the wedding."

"Nick told you he wasn't sure if he loved her, didn't he?" Brian asked, avoiding the question.

"Then why did he marry her?" Amanda wondered, wiping her face.

"Nick feels that it's too late for him and you. You chose Lance, remember?"

"I just wish he would tell me he loved me, I love him." Amanda sniffed.

"Everything happens for a reason sweetie." Brian replied.

"Well its over for me and Nick. He asked her to marry him, and he chose where he wanted to be." Amanda said. They saw Nick did not look happy...he seemed distant. Tracy had to take him by the hand to meet people.

"Nick didn't ask her. She asked him." Brian explained.

"But why-" Amanda began but someone coughed behind her. A few moments later, a tall shadow appeared in front of them. Nick stood there, his blonde hair shining in the moonlight. They sat there in awkward silence for a few minutes.

"Um....I'm gonna go check out the dessert table." Brian said before running off. Nick grinned at him as he left, then sat down in the sand next to her.

"Hey." he said after a few minutes.

"Hey."

"You all right?" Nick asked, noticing her bloodshot eyes. Amanda hurriedly wiped them again, the mascara smudging.

"I'll be fine, you know me." she answered.

"Thanks for the talk earlier, I can always count on you." Nick said with a smile.

"That's what friends are for."

"You look beautiful tonight." he whispered. Amanda wanted to kiss him then, and then stopped herself.

"Oh, Nick...thank you." she replied. He couldn't stop staring at her in that dress.

"We're leaving for our cruise tomorrow, did you find someone to take my gig at the club?" he asked, trying to hide the fact he was checking her out. Amanda noticed and smiled, but didn't call attention to his wandering eyes.

"I found a DJ, but it won't be the same without you singing every night...."

"Are you really okay? Be honest with me." Nick interrupted her. Amanda opened her mouth to speak but he suddenly was pulled away by Tracy.


"To tell you the truth-"

"Come on, honey. There are other people here you know." she said, cutting her off before giving a dirty look. Amanda watched them leave, Nick's face pleading with her. Amanda buried her head in her knees, the tears finally falling once again as she came to the realization she would never be with Nick and she had only been fooling herself. Her and Nick would never be anything more than friends.....and she was going to have to accept it.