- Text Size +
Nick couldn’t believe this. He was silent for a while. He had been told this many times that he had fathered a baby. Sometimes he was threatened with legal action for paternity tests. Most of the time he had evidence that he couldn’t possibly father a child such as an alibi, sometimes Nick’s lawyers would defend for him without making a court appearance. This is one reason why Nick didn’t want to be linked to any female. He was sick and tired of being told lies. He felt safe knowing that once he finished his work, whatever he was doing, he could be alone in his home or hotel room and not get into any mess, small or big.

When Sarah told him she was pregnant, Nick for some reason believed her. He didn’t know why.
“Nick, you there?” Sarah asked a few minutes later allowing Nick to digest the information.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m here. You know, this is the first time I actually believe it.” Nick replied amazed, not realising his words were coming out before he was thinking it.
“What you mean?” She asked him sitting up curled up in the corner of the couch.
“For years now, ever since I looked old enough or whatever, there are women coming out saying I fathered their children and want money off me. I was never the father. With you back in Sydney, the one and only time we were together, we bonded and all. I can’t explain it. Normally I just am like, yeah whatever. But when you told me Sar, I felt it. I really felt it.” Nick explained to her, opening up to her.
“You don’t think I am lying to you or anything?” She asked him hesitantly.
“No, nothing in the slightest. Sar this is fantastic. I am so happy.” Nick told her ecstatic.
“Are you sure?” Sarah asked cautiously.
“Yes. Sar this is the best news in such a long time! You don’t know how happy I am.” Nick almost cried of joy.
“You mean that?” Sarah asked.
“YES! Stop asking that. I am more than alright. I am over the moon. I am so happy. Oh Sar, if I could just be with ya right now.” Nick replied.
“I’m so glad you are happy.” Sarah informed him.

Unlike most men Sarah had known, Nick was by her side as much as he could. While he physically couldn’t be in Australia because of the new album commitments and being seen in Australia would cause trouble. Nick called every morning and night to see how Sarah was and if she needed anything.

While Nick couldn’t help out much he felt the only thing he could do was to provide her with a home. Nick totally insisted. Insisted that much that he had a lawyer come out and look at properties in the Melbourne city area for their child. Sarah didn’t have a say in the matter. It wasn’t forceful or anything like that. When she tried countless times to back out Nick always had the line “My baby too you know.”

When Nick had told his immediate family and everyone he wanted to tell about the pregnancy, he had to choose the right moment to tell people. Brian Littrell, Kevin Richardson, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean were fine and were excited for him. His family weren’t excited about the idea. His brother and sisters showed their support, especially Aaron.

Sarah had to quit her job at the agency when she was 6 months pregnant as she wasn’t able to handle the pressure of the job and being in the business, she had to give up. Without even asking Nick provided her with money and the top health cover. Sarah didn’t have to do a thing.

Nick had tried to make the birth of his first born child but commitments with the band and the risk he would be taking coming to Australia would be greatly. Between everyone concerned, we arranged to do a link up from the birthing suite, Nick watching the other end, Sarah’s Mum and her sister with her every step of the way. Sarah knew the gender of the baby but Nick didn’t want to know. When she could talk to Nick after giving birth, Sarah allowed Nick to name their son. It wasn’t to hard to guess what the name would be, Aaron Brian. Aaron Brian Carter. He was going to be known as ABC.