- Text Size +
The morning that Sarah and Aaron were flying out to Queensland for their reunion with Nick, Sarah couldn’t be any more excited. Her parents and sister knew where she was going. The day before they had a little birthday party for Aaron as he would be in Queensland. Nick was going to be arriving late in the afternoon with Sarah and Aaron arriving around lunchtime. Both agreed they wanted Aaron to settle in.

On the plane, Aaron sat in the seat and got excited. He had never been on a plane before and this was his first time. Before the plane taxied out, Sarah took a photo of Aaron in the seat all excited. She wanted Nick to have this photo. The smile on his face was priceless, this was a milestone for Aaron, being on a plane.

Arriving at Brisbane Airport, the weather couldn’t be any better. Sun shining, pure blue skies, not a single cloud in the sky, wasn’t too hot, wasn’t too cold. The only bad thing, the humidity. Once they had collected their luggage, a man was waiting for them to take them to an adjourning plane to take them directly to the island by sea plane.

“This is fun Mummy.” Aaron told her as they were up in the air again.
“It is isn’t it.” Sarah replied.
“Daddy coming? He know where we are?” Aaron asked.
“He knows we are going on holidays but he doesn’t know if he can make it sweetie.” Sarah told him.
“Hope so. I miss him.” Aaron sighed looking out the window. Me too. Sarah said to herself. She had craved to be with Nick.

Getting off the plane, Sarah wheeling the suitcases, Aaron ran in front, seeing all the sand and water. “Aaron not to fast ok. Don’t wanna lose sight of you.” Sarah called out to him.
“Alright Mummy.” Aaron called back, still running ahead, Sarah laughing to herself. Just like Nick. All excited about somewhere new.

Once Sarah and Aaron unpacked their luggage, Aaron was nagging Sarah to go down to the beach. “Please Mummy.” He pleaded, looking up at her, those bright blue eyes, gorgeous blond hair.
“Once you have settled down alright. I know you are excited but calm down a bit.” Sarah told him, trying to make an excuse. Sarah wanted to keep Aaron in the villa until Nick arrived. She knew when he would be arriving and would be only another 30 minutes away.

Sitting on the lounge, Sarah was reading to Aaron a book about the beach when she heard something. Glancing up, she saw Nick, backpack on his back, black sunglasses, his hair blonde like Aaron’s and had grown it more to what she fell in love with all those years ago when she was a teenager; a white collared casual shirt and faded blue jeans and sandals. The next few seconds, were going to be hard but she tried to continue on with the story.

“Hello.” Nick called out. Sarah stopped everything.
“Come on sweetie. Let’s see who’s here.” Sarah said to Aaron. Aaron running in front.
“DADDY!” Aaron squealed running to him.
“Hey buddy. How’s my man?” Nick asked kneeling down to Aaron, dumping his bag aside. Sarah couldn’t talk. She could only cry of excitement. Nick picked up Aaron, stood up and they hugged for so long. No one wanting to let go.

“I couldn’t miss your birthday buddy so I decided to come and see you.” Nick said to Aaron as they all sat down on the couch overlooking the ocean.
“I missed you Daddy.” Aaron told him.
“I missed you too.” Nick replied giving him a hug and then squeezing me tighter.

“No problems?” Sarah asked as they walked outside the villa, her hand in Nick’s, Aaron running ahead in his beach shorts and top carrying his bucket and spade.
“Nope none.” Nick replied looking at her.
“He has been itching to get out there.” Sarah laughed looking at Aaron who was in the sand getting a head start on the sandcastle.
“I think he needs to be taught on how to do it. Look at him.” Nick laughed as they approached the beach, Aaron having trouble turning over the bucket and the sand collapsing.
Sarah watched as Nick taught Aaron about sandcastle making and taking photos. The smiles didn’t erase from their faces for one second. This is what Nick craved for. No parties, mingling with the celebrities and gorgeous women. He wanted to be with his son. When Aaron wanted to go into the water, Nick put Aaron on his shoulders and went into the water. Lifting Aaron off his shoulders, Aaron giggled, Nick throwing Aaron up in the air and catching him, then swinging him around. This is who Nick was, Sarah said to herself.

Later that night, when Aaron had fallen asleep on Nick’s lap, they gently put him in his bed, leaving Nick and Sarah to have time to themselves for the first time. All they wanted to do was go to bed themselves and just be with each other. Feeling each other all over, touching, caressing one another. They didn’t fall asleep that night. Nick and Sarah stared into his other’s eyes, their eyes doing the talking for them.

When the sun rose next morning Sarah was in Nick’s arms, not wanting to let her go. He gently stroked her body. This is how things should be, Nick thought to himself. When Nick gently kissed Sarah’s neck, Sarah snuggled further into Nick.

“It’s my birthday.” Aaron squealed running into their bedroom. Nick and Sarah laughing to each other as Aaron jumped on their bed.
“Technically not be me mate. I’m still in America time zone.” Nick laughed.
“Aw come on.” Sarah joked opening her arms out for Aaron who was wanting a cuddle.
“Happy Birthday champ.” Nick said scruffing Aaron’s hair and putting him a headlock laughing.
“You know the rules Aaron. Get up and get dressed then have breakfast and then its time for presents.” Sarah told Aaron.
“Aww Mummy.” Aaron whined.
“Aww Mummy.” Nick added.
“No, not breaking the rules.” Sarah told them, laughing.
“Please.” They begged together both using the bottom lip and sad faces. How could Sarah argue with that?
“Ok, ok. You win.” Sarah sighed knowing that she was going to have a hard time if she didn’t give up.
“Yay!” Aaron cheered as he got off the bed and running into the lounge.
“Love you.” Nick said kissing Sarah as they laid back down on the bed.
“MUMMY! DADDY!” Aaron called a few minutes later. Both just laughed.

Out in the living area, Aaron was surrounded by presents from everyone. The band, his Aunts and Uncle, his Grandparents. “Excess baggage?” Sarah laughed.
“Almost!” Nick replied putting his arms around her as they sat on the floor with Aaron.

Once all the presents were opened, Nick and Aaron played with the toys he was given while Sarah cleaned up. “Typical boys.” She laughed at them.
“What you mean?” Nick asked looking up at her while he was trying to set up some toys for Aaron on the floor.
“Boys make the mess and the girls clean up.” Sarah laughed.
“It’s true. Hey Aaron, what ya say we go down the beach and try these out hey?” Nick suggested to Aaron. Before Sarah could say bye, Nick and Aaron were out the door.

The days and nights seemed to go so quick. It wasn’t before long when Nick was saying good bye to Aaron and I.
“Daddy don’t go.” Aaron cried.
“I have to, I have to mate.” Nick said fighting his tears not to let Aaron see him.
“No.” Aaron cried latching onto Nick’s leg.
“Aaron, come on sweetie. Daddy has to go back to work. We’ll see him soon.” Sarah said trying not to show her emotions either.
Somehow Sarah managed to get Aaron off Nick’s leg, Sarah and Nick not being able to have their own goodbye hug. Nick couldn’t take it, he had to walk out, his backpack swung over the back of him. Aaron clung onto Sarah, both of them crying their hearts out watching Nick fade out of sight.

Aaron didn’t let go of Sarah at all. He clung onto her for so long, he cried until he could cry no more. Sarah didn’t bother to change his clothes into his pyjama’s. She just put him in her bed and watching Aaron sound asleep, crying herself to sleep.