- Text Size +
Sarah and Aaron arrived back in Melbourne late the following night, Aaron asleep from the busy day she organised for him down the beach and then a ride on a plane around the ocean and a boat ride looking at the ocean. Aaron had always been a water baby, thanks to Nick. Nick and Sarah often talked about the things they would do when she and Aaron were in the US. Sarah had simple plans for a few things and Nick was going to let her do it. Carrying Aaron on her hip, coming out of the gates at Melbourne Airport, she saw her parents and she knew she was home. Her Dad took Aaron off her while she hugged her Mum.

Sarah told her parents what happened when Nick left. “We know. Nick called us before he boarded his flight back to LA last night. He felt so bad. He didn’t know what to do.” Her Mum told her.
“We didn’t know what to do. Nick and I were trying to have our goodbye but we were having trouble with Aaron.” Sarah replied.
“Why don’t you let Aaron have a few days with us, give you a break? We know you gotta start getting the preparations done for the Visa again.” Her Dad suggested.
“Don’t worry. We won’t be going anywhere. We want to spend time with Aaron before the move.” Her Mum added.
“Oh yeah, forgot about that.” Sarah mentioned quietly.

Sarah, home alone for the first time since Aaron was born, didn’t know what to do with herself. The place was clean and didn’t have Aaron around her. The only thing she could think of doing was make a start on the washing.

With the washing on the go, Sarah sat down and went through the mail that had arrived while she was gone, thinking she should she call Nick. She wondered if he had arrived in LA and would it be safe for her to call him. She heard the voice messages that he had left on her mobile and her home phone. She decided to. He would either answer or it would go to voicemail.

“Hello.” Nick said.
“Hey its me.” Sarah replied.
“Get back alright?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, Aaron is at Mum and Dad’s for a few days. Suggested that he stay there for a few days. Gotta get things ready for the visa application. How you doing?” Sarah replied, getting up to go to the fridge to get a bottle of water.
“Yeah doing alright. I only got back home a few hours ago. The guys don’t know I’m back. I just got a cab.” Nick sighed.
“It won’t be long now. We have gone this far.” Sarah reminded him.
“True. You know how you and I were the other night, before Aaron’s birthday?” Nick asked.
“Yeah, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.” She replied sighing remembering it all over again.
“Neither can I. I swear, when we are all together for good, there will be many days like that. Just the 3 of us.” Nick assured her.
“Can’t wait. When ya going back into the studio?” She asked changing subject not wanting to get the both of them upset again.
“Monday. I’m hanging with Aaron and the girls later on. Spend time with them, our only free time off.” Nick laughed.
“Be good for all of ya.” She commented.
“Yeah, we haven’t all seen each other for a while. I hang out more with Aaron and Angel as they are in LA more. Aaron’s got a show later in the week so the guys and I are going to that, only Aaron don’t know. Only knows I am going.” Nick said.
“Secret is safe with me. Speaking of Aaron, tell your brother to call his nephew! He hasn’t called for a bit.” Sarah joked.
“I’ll do one better. Tomorrow, I will grab his phone and program it in to call ya. When does Aaron get back from your Mom’s? Nick asked.
“Ah, probably Tuesday. Maybe earlier. Depends how bad I miss him.” Sarah replied.
“Knowing you, it will be by lunchtime. You two are inseparable.” Nick laughed.
“Probably.” Sarah laughed.
“You know I was going to ask something the other day but I never got around to it. Aaron interrupted us.” Nick said.
“What?” Sarah asked.
“I don’t wanna over the phone. I wanted to do it in person. It’s not gonna sound right.” Nick replied.
“What about doing web cam? That do?” Sarah suggested.
“Suppose so. Just getting onto the computer now for ya.” Nick replied.
“Me too. Going into my room.” Sarah added.
“What do ya know? I’m going in my room too.” Nick joked.
“We been bad?” Sarah laughed.
“Oh very bad. Very bad.” Nick cracked up laughing.

Within a few minutes we had gotten off the phone and we were on webcam with each other.
“So what was it that you wanted to ask me before we were interrupted by our kid.” Sarah asked sitting curled up on her bed, the laptop in front of her.
“Nice bed!” Nick commented.
“Thanks, it is nice. Be even better if you were in it with me.” Sarah giggled.
“What about mine? Mine’s bigger!” Nick laughed scanning the camera around his king size bed, the ocean themed doona cover set.
“Rub it in!” Sarah joked.
“Hey, you had the choice of wanting one too! Don’t knock it back!” Nick laughed.
“It only looks better because you are on it.” Sarah laughed.
“Haha.” Nick laughed back.

“So where were we?” Sarah asked.
“Ah, yeah. I was wondering, when you and Aaron come out here, do you ah, wanna get married? You know be a Carter.” Nick casually asked her. Sarah remained speechless. Only in her dreams would she be Mrs Nick Carter. Back when she was a teenager.
“You serious?” Sarah squealed.
“This serious enough?” Nick replied leaning over to his side table and opening a small box and showing the ring.
“Oh my god. Nick it’s beautiful. Yes. Yes I will marry you.” Sarah replied in delight. For some reason the next thing she saw Nick do was grab the phone, not knowing what he was going to do...He was calling her.