- Text Size +
Michelle opened her eyes. She didn’t know where she was. Michelle’s eyes focused a bit more to realise she was somewhere strange. “AJ.” Michelle called turning her head from side to side on her pillow.
“It’s Rok here. How you doing?” Brian asked looking down on her, standing side of her bed.
“What happened? Where am I?” Michelle asked.
“You had an accident but you are alright. Everything is alright.” Brian replied, holding her hand. A nurse soon came in and took observations and left Brian and Michelle alone.

“Why Shell?” Brian asked worried. Michelle couldn’t bear to look at Brian.
“Sally. She and AJ are soul mates. I can see that. I saw it at your place.” Michelle replied turning her head round back to facing the window.
“AJ doesn’t know what he is doing. We all know that AJ belongs with you. Even Kevin can tell that Sally is just a rebound.” Brian told her.
“Not from where I am looking.” Michelle quietly replied.
“Why didn’t you come to us when everything happened?” Brian asked. Michelle didn’t reply. Tears were streaming down her face. She wasn’t in the mood to see anyone.

Two hours later after Brian left, Nick walked in. The second last person she wanted to see. Seeing Nick’s face, how he was, Michelle couldn’t look at him but Nick wasn’t going to let that deter him. He just wanted to see Michelle. “I’ll camp out here every day if I have to. You are going to talk to me at some stage.” Nick told her an hour later after he arrived. Michelle turned to look at him. “That’s better.” He smiled.

“I don’t know what to say.” Michelle whispered to him as she sat up in the bed.
“You don’t need to. No need to say anything.” Nick replied as he sat on the bed and held her.
“If it wasn’t for the two blows in the one day, my career over basically and then with AJ and Sally I don’t think I would be like this.” Michelle said.
“Career over? What?” Nick asked shocked.
“Yeah. I thought Brenda would have told you. Especially by now.” Michelle replied.
“She’s mentioned nothing. When she called the other day she was just wondering where you were.” Nick told her.
“Hmm, weird, that’s not like Brenda.” Michelle commented.
“Not that it matters but where did you go?” Nick asked.
“Sacramento.” Michelle replied.
“Wow. And you drove back almost straight back?” Nick remarked.
“Yeah. I called her on a payphone there. I didn’t tell her where I was or anything.” Michelle told Nick.
“The main thing is that you are alright. We’ll get through this.” Nick assured her.
“What you talking about?” Michelle asked Nick.

“How you ended up here? You tried to take your life?” Nick asked shocked.
“Nick, I didn’t take my life. I don’t know how I got here. I was watching the sunrise and then I woke up here a few hours later. Simple as that.” Michelle told him.
“But we were told you attempted...”Nick began to say confused.
“Nick, I may be down, but I certainly didn’t commit suicide, well attempted. I’m not that bad.” Michelle retorted back at him.
“Oh god...Shell.” Nick apologised.
“What?” Michelle asked worried.
“Nothing, I’ll be back, I’m gonna call the guys and let them know.” Nick said and walked out the room.

Suicide! Suicide! Michelle couldn’t believe it. While Nick was gone, Michelle called the nurse in and asked for information on what happened, the truth. The nurse rambled on things of how I was presented to the Emergency Department, tests I had.
“Did you test me for any toxins in my body? Drugs?” Michelle asked. Michelle was soon having blood tests done.

“They didn’t check me out for drugs!” Michelle exclaimed as Nick walked in as the nurse was finishing up.
“Isn’t that normally a first thing you check for?” Nick asked the nurse but she didn’t reply.
“How are the guys?” She asked Nick as he got back on the bed with Michelle.
“Relieved to hear that you are alright considering, Brian especially. They all think we should call the cops. If you didn’t do what you did and you have no idea and all.” Nick replied.
“Poor Bri. I wasn’t exactly friendly with him.” Michelle said.
“He is fine. Just glad you are alright. AJ too.” Nick said.
“I’ll see him soon.” Michelle replied.