- Text Size +
In the few days that Michelle was in the hospital, AJ didn’t come and see her. She didn’t expect to see him but it would have been nice as everyone went and saw her, including Baylee and James who drew her pieces of artwork.

When Michelle was being released from hospital, it was Nick who was there for her. Michelle couldn’t believe on how much Nick had changed since everything happened earlier in the week. She had found out that Nick had taken the day off work as when she was talking to Howie he mentioned that they were needed in the studio for a meeting to talk about the new direction they were heading into for the new album. Michelle was furious at Nick for taking the day off work but Nick cared too much for Michelle and he was going to at home having the meeting by conference call in his office.

“Nick, I was wondering if you could do a slight detour on the way back home?” Michelle asked him as they were leaving the hospital.
“Sure, where you wanna go?” Nick replied paying the cashier to leave the hospital car park.
“Venice Beach.” Michelle simply told him. Nick didn’t question her.
In the car park at Venice Beach, Michelle got out of the car, Nick staying in the car, watching her as she walked on by and collected her thoughts.
“Alright?” Nick asked when she got back in the car about 20 minutes later.
“Yup fine. Thanks.” She replied smiling at him.

Back at their place, it felt surreal. She had intended to be out on her own but because of how her career was, she was penniless, almost sleeping out in the car. Nick said to Michelle that she could stay for as long as she liked.

Settling in back home, it took its toll in Michelle and she went and laid down on her bed, Nick telling her that he had to go into his office and do the phone conference. “You go in there, still time. I’ll be fine. I’ll be resting anyway. Not doing any major.” She told him. Nick was hesitant.
“You need me, you call me.” He told her sternly, giving her a hug and then he left.

While Nick was gone for the few hours, Michelle just slept. She never realised on how tiring going from the hospital to home could be. She had never been this tired but the week was quite eventful and full on so she thought that this was her way her body was letting her know that she was to take things easy but she wanted to do something.

Around lunchtime, Michelle had some energy and she made herself some lunch and went outside on the top balcony and had her lunch, enjoying the sunshine. The weather had been fantastic of late and she was taking every opportunity. While she was having lunch, Leighanne called over to see how she was with Baylee.

“I’m doing alright, I’ve learnt a few things these past few days and taking each day as it comes.” Michelle told Leighanne as they looked down at Baylee running around on the grass.
“Have you heard from Brenda?” Leighanne asked.
“Nope. Not since I last called her when I was in Sacramento. The guys are telling me to call the cops but I don’t want to. So much stuff has happened.” Michelle replied.
“Maybe some justice might be done. You wouldn’t be alone.” Leighanne suggested to her, placing a hand on top of Michelle’s.
“This may sound weird but even though I am not physically alone as I have you all, I feel as though I am alone. It’s weird.” Michelle explained.
“After everything I don’t blame you. But just remember, we are all here for you, even AJ.” Leighanne replied.
“Hmm, funny that, I haven’t seen or spoken to him.” Michelle commented.
“He blames himself.” Leighanne said.

“What? How does he blame himself? Someone attacked me. Simple as that.” Michelle asked shocked as she and Leighanne went down the stairs to watch Baylee more.
“He says that if he had told you first off, before all of us the other day, you wouldn’t have driven to Sacramento.” Leighanne replied.
“He, or no one knew what would be happening to me.” Michelle said.
“We’ve tried telling him that. Even Sally and she doesn’t know you that much.” Leighanne added.
“When Nick comes home, I’ll call AJ. Think we need to talk. Just why am I the one to make the first move?” Michelle decided burying her head.
“We always are. Men are so I don’t know.” Leighanne laughed.
“Nick!” Baylee shrieked a few minutes later running up to him, Michelle and Leighanne turning their heads around to see Nick closing the sliding door from the kitchen to the patio.

“Hey kiddo.” Nick replied giving him a high five, picking him up and sitting down on a chair next to Leighanne.
“How were things?” Leighanne asked Nick.
“Good. All the normal mumbo jumbo post tour stuff, profits up and all. Talk about the new album.” Nick replied.
“And what will the new album be like?” Michelle asked.
“It’s gonna be interesting. I will say that. A whole new different approach.” Nick replied.
“Mmmm interesting.” Michelle said.
“Yeah it is.” Nick replied.
“Come on Bay, we gotta get going. You got karate.” Leighanne told Baylee.
“Aww Mom.” Bay whined.
“I’m not going anywhere Bay, I’ll be here for a while. You can see me anytime.” Nick said as Baylee got off Nick’s knee.
“Alright. Bye.” Baylee said giving Nick and Michelle both hugs.

“How ya been?” Nick asked Michelle as they were cleaning up the dishes from lunch.
“Yeah good. As you can tell, I took it easy.” Michelle replied as she was loading the dishes in the dishwasher.
“Good. Way it should be. Take it easy and chill.” Nick told her.
“Can’t do nothing else.” Michelle sighed.
“You alright?” Nick asked as they went into the living room.
“Just been thinking that’s all.” Shell replied.
“Been thinking about what?” Nick asked.

“About everything. Since I met you, and started in the business, I’ve been putting my heart and soul into my music. Because of that, apart from you and everyone you know, I don’t have anyone else. I thought Brenda was someone different, get me back out there and all but turns out she wasn’t. I live in a solitude world.” Michelle explained as they sat on the couch.
“That’s what the business is. While you are successful, you lose a lot of things and people. It is hard but you will get back on top again.” Nick assured Michelle, giving her a hug.
“Just doesn’t feel like it. I know it will happen, maybe again down the track but maybe I need a new direction. I just need something.” Michelle went on.
“It will be alright. I promise you.” Nick whispered as he held her tight and they sat in silence.

That night when Nick was on the phone to one of his sisters, Michelle got up the courage to call AJ. She just needed to hear that.
“Hey, how you doing?” AJ asked when he answered.
“Yeah going good. I haven’t interrupted you have I? Not having dinner?” She replied as she sat on the bed in her room.
“No, no, it’s all good. Having a late one as Sally has a photo shoot out of town and doesn’t know how long she’ll be.” AJ replied.
“She sounds nice.” Michelle said, knowing it killed her to say that.
“Yeah she is. You and Nick will have to come over in the next couple of days and meet her properly. Do a double date or something.” AJ suggested.
“Yeah we’ll see, I’ll let him know.” Michelle replied.
“You two are a...” AJ began to say, not knowing what to say.
“Honestly, I don’t know. Close friends but that’s about it, he may think otherwise.” Michelle replied.
“I thought you were.” AJ said.
“We’re just going with the flow at the moment.” Michelle told him.
“Ah ok, that’s cool.” AJ replied.
“I think you and I need to have a talk. Don’t you agree?” Michelle asked him.
“About what?” AJ said confused.
“About you and I. I think there are some mixed messages going around.” Michelle explained.
“You wanna meet up or something?” AJ asked.

Half hour later, AJ and Michelle met up at The World Cafe in Santa Monica to talk about things. It was a quiet night so they knew they wouldn’t have any problems.
“I’ve forgiven you for what you’ve done but will never forget.” Michelle told him straight out after the waitress brought us coffees over to them.
“I don’t know why I did it. I don’t know why it was just you that I was serious about, that I cheated on. Went behind your back. I have thought about it and I can’t come up with any answers. I guess I was jealous because of how close you were with Nick and if I did something you would be happy with him and I could move on with someone new.” AJ explained.
“It may look to people we are more than just good friends but there is hardly anything going on. We are just that, good friends, close but not that close.” Michelle replied.
“I loved us being together. We were great. We clicked. We finished each other sentences. We sensed when something was wrong, even if we weren’t together.” AJ commented.
“We ARE great. We still finish each other sentences and still have that sense. The only thing we aren’t anymore is lovers. You have found your soul mate with Sally and that’s fantastic.” Michelle encouraged.
“Sally and I soul mates? You think?” AJ asked.
“Yeah, we all do. There are certain people that can be lovers but when you have a soul mate that’s even special. We aren’t soul mates. We were good lovers.” Michelle smiled at him.
“Sally and I were wanting to tell you first, about she and I together but everything came up and then when we were going to tell you, you were at the studio so we told the guys and then I called you and left a message on your phone.” AJ said.
“AJ, you aren’t to blame for what happened on Tuesday. If I didn’t drive to Sacramento nothing would have happened. We live in a land of if’s. What if I, etc. This was just a accident.” Michelle tried to convince AJ.
“With the news that didn’t make you drive over there?” He asked.
“No...it was more the fact that I was amongst successful people and here I am, a flop. A has been.” Michelle replied.
“Has been? Flop? Shell you aren’t.” AJ said.
“Well why has the tour been cancelled, no tickets selling, my manager bankrupting herself and almost me?” Michelle asked him.
“I don’t know all that, you are incredible. One of the reasons why I fell in love with you. You are amazing. I remember the first time I met you all those years ago.” He replied.
“That was then. This is now. I’m going to have to do something. I can’t stay at Nick’s all the time and I need to do something.” Michelle stressed out.
“You will find something. You will get back out there. I can assure you. You have my word.” AJ told her.
“What makes you think you can be so sure?” She asked.
“Because I know you. You never know what may happen.” He replied smiling at her.
“You know something don’t you?” Michelle asked coy.
“Nope, I know nothing. I don’t I swear.” AJ replied, his hands up pleading innocence.
“But we are good, aren’t we? Back on track again?” Michelle asked.
“Course we are.” AJ replied as he got out of his seat and sat next to Michelle, giving her a hug.

When Michelle got back home, Nick was in the living room, sitting on the couch channel surfing when she walked in, Nick half glancing at the TV and half glancing at the door.
“You alright?” He asked worried getting up quickly.
“Yeah fine, just worked things out with AJ. We’re good. Nothing to worry about.” Michelle replied smiling.
“Really?” He asked.
“Yup, all that is in the past now. Everything is fine.” She assured him.