- Text Size +
Three months had gone by and things were on improving for Michelle. She and Nick tried to be a couple but they couldn’t and decided to remain close friends. Michelle managed to find a cheap apartment in Santa Monica not far from the beach. Michelle was starting back in the music business, Howie as her manager. AJ and Sally were expecting their first child, no one had expected, especially AJ. As Sally was pregnant, he wanted to do the right thing and marry her and were getting married in a few weeks time. Nick was flirting with one girl at the studio trying to get her attention but she wasn’t giving into him. Brian thought this was so funny.

Michelle had arrived at the studio an hour earlier than she needed to, to see the guys recording. Howie was going to be with her recording demo’s after they had finished. When she walked in the recording room when the red light went off, AJ and Brian were at the control deck.
“Hey gorgeous.” Brian said to her.
“Brian come on.” She whined.
“No go on, ya sexy mama.” AJ laughed.
“If you weren’t my best friend.” Michelle joked back throwing a cushion at him, hitting AJ in the face.
“How ya been?” Brian asked as she sat next to him leaning back in the chair.
“Going good. Rachel says to call her. You owe her big time apparently.” Michelle replied.
“Oh oh. She remembered!” Brian gasped.
“What’s this?” AJ asked.
“Brian and Rachel were out the other day, looking for something for Leighanne and he wanted her opinion. When Rachel got home, Mark thought that she was seeing Brian on the side with how Brian and Rach walked back in her place laughing and carrying on.” Michelle explained.
“When was the last time you were like that?” AJ laughed.
“Oh gosh, I don’t know but you had to be there when it happened. As Rach got out of the car she misjudged the step, landing face first on the grass, from what we could tell, not long after Dodger did his business. I help her up and she brings me down, narrowly missing it. Then as we try and get up, her kids, Carrie and Samantha come out and hose us down for some reason and leave the hose on the ground. We trip over it and land back down on the grass again, laughing nonstop. When we get up, we’re holding each other and she struggles to open the door still laughing and Mark is there to greet us.” Brian explained trying not to laugh.
“And you say Nick is the klutz!” AJ laughed.
“What’s this about me being a klutz? What did I do?” Nick asked confused.
“Nick, we take back everything we said about you being a klutz.” Brian laughed uncontrollably now. By now Howie was in the room as well. Just about to start another conversation when AJ’s phone rang.

AJ’s face lost it’s colour almost instantly. “AJ what’s wrong man?” Howie asked as AJ got off the phone. AJ couldn’t speak.
“AJ?” Brian asked looking directly at him.
“It’s Sal. She’s dead.” AJ simply said. Everyone looked shocked.
“AJ, what you talking about? I was just talking to her an hour ago. She was fine.” Michelle asked.
“Her mom just called. At Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre.” AJ replied.
“I’ll take ya.” Nick said as he got up, grabbing his keys from his jean pocket. The rest of us were in shock.

“All go back and wait at AJ’s?” Howie suggested.
“Think we’re better off staying away. Nick will call if he needs us.” Brian replied quietly.
“I better go home and tell Leigh. Don’t want her finding out over the phone.” Howie said.
“Yeah, I better do the same.” Brian added.
“Want me to look after Baylee for a bit?” Michelle asked.
“Ah, thanks but he’s over at a sleep over or something.” Brian vaguely replied.

Driving home, the tears streamed down Michelle’s face. Sally and Michelle had only just gotten close and went baby shopping on the weekend.
Sitting out on the small balcony she had upstairs her phone rang.
“AJ is wanting you. We’re at his place.” Nick said.
“Be there in 5.” Michelle replied.

Five minutes later, true to her word, Michelle was there. Nick opened the door and she saw AJ as she walked in. He was in the living room sunk in the couch holding a photo of he and her together, the latest photo of the sonogram on top of the photo. Michelle’s sonogram was only done a week earlier. Five months pregnant.

“What happened?” Michelle whispered.
“From what I can gather, she was on a movie set doing stills for someone, I don’t know the full story. Anyway, there was some accident and she was injured. She was in the firing line more or less.” Nick replied quietly as they looked at AJ.
“Oh god.” Michelle said shocked.
“You’ll be alright?” Nick asked.
“Yeah fine. Thanks.” She replied, hugging him.
“I’ll see ya later alright AJ.” Nick called out to AJ, AJ not responding.

Michelle didn’t say anything, just sat down next to him, AJ collapsing in her arms, his heart breaking. He couldn’t speak. She didn’t like to him this way. AJ just cried until he could cry no more. AJ cried until he fell asleep. His Mom was flying in, in the morning from Florida. Michelle stayed with AJ the whole time, not wanting to leave him alone. When AJ laid on the couch, she grabbed the duvet from his bedroom and laid it on top of him.

Michelle stayed in the kitchen overlooking the living room at AJ, keeping things quiet. She had text messages from the guys seeing how things were. AJ just continued to sleep into the night. Michelle couldn’t bear to leave him.

Around midnight, AJ stirred. “You still here?” He asked walking in the kitchen.
“Yeah still here. Didn’t want to leave you alone.” Michelle replied as he hugged her.
“Thanks.” He said going to the fridge.
“Anything you want me to do?” She asked.
“Don’t leave me.” He begged as he closed the fridge taking a sip of water.
“I won’t.”Michelle whispered.