- Text Size +
When AJ’s Mom turned up following morning, AJ was asleep. “How has he been?” Denise asked as they hugged at the entry to the house.
“Not long gone back to sleep again. He woke up at midnight, we talked and gone to sleep in the last hour or so.” Michelle replied.
“He was so looking forward to everything.” She sighed.
“Yeah, I think he has the latest sonogram on his phone and he kept looking at it. I think he was looking forward to getting married more so than Sally. Move over Bridezilla, AJ is Groomzilla.” Michelle ended up with a small laugh.
“You look as though you haven’t slept.” Denise commented as they were in the kitchen making coffee.
“Hard not to.” Michelle replied tilting her head towards the bedroom where AJ slept.

Getting home eventually, Michelle felt empty. She didn’t know what to do. She felt helpless not being able to do anything. She only knew of one thing, to go running on the treadmill. She ran and ran to almost the point of where she collapsed. Saving her from doing that, Michelle just managed to be hear the doorbell.

“Hey!” Howie said as she opened the door.
“Hey how you doing? Be back in a sec, just take a quick shower.” Michelle replied and then got in the shower.
“Feel better?” Howie asked as she came back in the living area.
“Yeah, nothing like a good run. How’s things?’ Michelle replied grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, Howie already having one.
“Yeah not bad. Leigh can’t believe it but she’s doing alright.” Howie said.
“Yeah, I spent all night with AJ. Denise is with him now.” Michelle mentioned.
“You been with AJ all this time?” Howie asked concerned.
“Yeah, when Nick called me I was there like no more than 5 minutes. He doesn’t want to be alone.” Michelle replied.
“Can ya blame him?” Howie commented.
“Nope.” Michelle sighed. After a few moments of silence, Howie brought up about work.

A few days later was the funeral of Sally and their child Alexandra. Sally always liked the name and AJ wanted to honour that. Between Nick, Howie and Brian we organised something for the funeral. We were all going to sing, acapella of Never Gone. They had never done it before and they couldn’t think of a better opportunity for this.

AJ sat between Denise and Michelle, AJ holding onto my hand. As the service was about to finish, Michelle let go on AJ’s hands, smiled and the guys and all stood up. At the end when everyone was outside, AJ thanked them so much for doing it. Sally and Alexandra were being cremated privately at the request of her parents and the wake was at their place.

Later that afternoon, when Nick was driving Michelle back to her apartment, they didn’t speak.
“You alright?” Nick asked looking at her undoing a couple of buttons from his shirt.
“Just concerned for AJ like everyone is.” Michelle sighed looking out the window.
“He’ll be right. Now that the funeral is over he will start again. We’ll all be there.” Nick replied.
“Yeah I know.” Michelle whispered.

Just as Michelle was heading to bed that night, AJ called her. “Didn’t know who to call. Mom’s just gone back to Florida, she had some convention thing on she couldn’t get out of and the guys would be busy.” AJ said.
“It’s alright. You wanna come over here?” Michelle asked.
“Can I?” AJ replied.
“Sure. I’ll see you in a few.” Michelle said.

When AJ arrived, the only thing she knew on what AJ wanted was to be cheered up by food and listening to rock music in the background and talking.
“No one knew this but we were going to cancel the wedding.” AJ blurted out saying into the night when things quietened down.
“What? What was going on?” Michelle asked.
“Swear never to tell anyone?” AJ spoke looking at Michelle.
“Yeah course.” Michelle replied.
“Alexandra wasn’t mine. Sally went behind my back. When we were looking at the scan last week, the Dr was measuring and she was 6 months pregnant. We didn’t start having sex til a month later.” AJ explained. Michelle didn’t know what to say. Karma.
“Oh my god, AJ I’m so sorry.” Michelle apologised.
“Guess you could say karma bites you on the ass.” AJ commented.
“Pretty big karma. That’s shallow.” Michelle replied.
“Guess I sort of know how you felt when I did the cheating.” AJ said.
“AJ don’t. You don’t need to do this.” Michelle told him, a hand on his arm.
“Being done once is hard enough but all the times I did to you.” AJ went on.
“AJ, it’s alright. It’s over now.” She assured him. Michelle had a look in her eye that she wasn’t aware of that she wanted to be back with AJ but it was naturally too soon with AJ. AJ must have sensed what her eyes were telling him and they kissed. Normally she would have backed away but something inside her, told her to take the opportunity. Their kisses turned into so much more, they couldn’t help themselves. Michelle lead AJ into her bedroom for a night of passionate lust.