- Text Size +
Sunday night Kenny and Michelle flew out to Las Vegas. A week in Las Vegas. The guys gave her $100 each to put some money on some games that Kenny was going to do. Michelle had no idea on how to play the games and Kenny was a good player.

Monday morning when they arrived in Las Vegas, sleep deprived from being in coach of screaming kids and also a football team end of season trip, Kenny and Michelle went straight to the training centre for her to do her training on the bike. While Michelle was going to be in training, Kenny was going to be organising things for the video shoot and finalising the cast for the film crew. Howie employed Kenny to be his assistant for when Howie couldn’t be there for Michelle for her career. Michelle had seen Kenny a few times at a few functions the guys had been to and they had connected so it seemed perfect for Howie to get Kenny to help out.

Michelle was having fun learning on the Harley and spending time in Vegas. For the rest of the week, Michelle worked so hard for the video, learning more about the video concept and also having input onto the video on how it would look. It had to be edited and cut before the video premiere in New York on the Sunday edition of Good Morning America. Time was running out for the finishing of the video with Michelle there and Kenny and Michelle had to allow the producer and director finish it off, Michelle and Kenny flying to New York City late Saturday afternoon.

Throughout the week, Michelle and AJ had kept in contact more, more than they thought and more than anyone else thought. Both made up people who they were on the phone to when people asked them. Kenny and Michelle were not letting anyone see the video at all until the premiered. Michelle wanted everyone to be surprised with the outcome. Not even Howie was allowed to see it. Everyone had to wait for it to premiere on the show.

Michelle hadn’t been to New York on her own before. Normally she was with the guys, either as friends or as a girlfriend to either Nick or AJ. It felt weird being just her and Kenny. Michelle had been to New York a couple of times with Brenda but it was just for a few hours. Michelle was going to be in New York for a couple of days doing TV show appearances. Howie was making sure that the world heard of Michelle. It was a quick promo tour in the USA before a week’s break and then to London, Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Stockholm, back to London before flying out to Australia for a couple of days promo. It was going to be a busy few weeks for Michelle but with touring around with the guys she was prepared for it.

Finishing at the Good Morning America studios, Michelle and Kenny did a tour of New York City. She wanted to see New York. They went everywhere they possibly could. Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Wall Street, FAO Schwarz, One Police Plaza, Manhattan Ferry, Broadway.

Sunday night when Kenny and Michelle were going through the plans of the TV shows for the next couple of days, Nick rang.

“Sorry to disturb ya but I’m here on my own in New York. I have to tell you something and I couldn’t do it over the phone and it can’t wait. Which hotel you at?” Nick asked.
“What’s going on?” Michelle replied worried.
“Where are you?” Nick asked again.
“We’re at the Gershwin Hotel at 7 E 27th Street, 2nd floor.” Michelle replied.

“What’s wrong?” Kenny asked when Michelle got off the phone.
“Nick’s here in New York. He has something to tell me and he couldn’t do it over the phone or wait til we got back to LA.” Michelle replied concerned.
“Why is it just Nick? Wonder what’s going on.” Kenny questioned.

Nick arrived half an hour later, backpack on his back. “New York traffic is bad. Getting a cab was so hard. Almost caught the subway.” Nick said as he came in Michelle’s hotel room, Kenny on the couch going over things on the computer for the week ahead.
“What is it? Why are you here?” Michelle asked.
“Good to see you too.” Nick laughed as they hugged.
“Sorry, it’s just that you got me worried and all. Everything alright back home?” Michelle asked.
“Yeah, yeah everything is fine. Ah Kenny, you mind if I talk to Michelle alone?” Nick said and then turned to Kenny.
“No worries.” Kenny replied and got up and left.

“What is it Nick? What is it so big that you had to come out here for?” Michelle asked.
“You better sit down.” Nick replied.
“Nick, your scaring me here.” Michelle told him as she sat on the sofa, Nick sitting down on the coffee table opposite her.
“I don’t know how to tell you this. I’ve been trying to work this out ever since I found out.” He said.
“Nick, you can tell me anything. You know me.” Michelle assured him.
“Last night I had a phone call from your parents. They are here in New York.” Nick simply told her. Michelle went silent.
“And what do they want?” Michelle asked.
“To see you.” Nick replied.
“No. No way. I don’t want to see them. No.” Michelle stammered, rocking herself back and forth.
“It’s alright. You don’t have to. I will tell them.” Nick promised her.
“Anyone know?” Michelle asked him.
“I said to Howie that a couple of days may need to be rescheduled. He was wondering but I said to him that this was something personal that I only know of and no one is to know. Not even AJ knows. I don’t even think he knows I am in New York.” Nick replied.
“Do you have any idea what they would want? Why wait all these years?” Michelle asked.
“I think it’s something you need to find out for yourself.” Nick said.
“You do know. Nick what is it?” Michelle pleaded.
“It’s not my place but here is their phone number. No one has to know what is going on. Not even Kenny. If you do talk to your parents and want to take things further, you let me know and I will take care of the rest.” Nick assured me, handing her the piece of paper with just her parents names and a phone number, New York number, more precise, Jamestown.

Michelle stared at the piece of paper for a while. The last time she had seen her parents was when she walked out of their house when Michelle was 15. Michelle had a troubled childhood, something only she confided into Nick about. Nick was the only one that knew of what happened. For a while Michelle looked up to Nick’s parents as guidance but that fell apart.

“I’ll call them.” Michelle said about an hour later, Nick sitting next to her, not saying anything, waiting patiently.
“Want me to go?” Nick asked.
“No, stay. Please.” Michelle replied as she grabbed her phone from her bed. Michelle fumbled with the phone several times, her fingers shaking trying to dial the numbers.
“You don’t have to. There’s no rush.” Nick reminded her.
“It’s ok, I can do this.” Michelle replied.

“Hello. It’s Sarah.” Michelle said when the phone answered and a middle aged man answered the phone. Michelle changed her name when she became of age.
“Sarah, it’s so good to hear your voice. How are you?” Her father answered.
“Doing good.” Michelle replied not knowing how to react.
“I take it you have gotten in contact with Nick.” Her father asked.
“Yes. Yes Nick contacted me.” She replied.
“I’m glad. It took a while but got there to get in contact with you.” Her Dad commented.
“Yeah...So, what do you want?” Michelle asked.
“Alright, well seeing as you are upfront with this. I just thought that you would like to know that your mother is not well.” Her father stated.
“Oh.” Michelle commented not knowing what to say.
“It’s not good. She’s dying.” Her father said.
“Oh I see.” Michelle replied.
“I know you probably don’t want to see her but I think your Mom might want to see you before it’s too late.” Her Dad said.
“I’ll think about it.” Was all she said and got off the phone.

“Well?” Nick asked when she got off the phone.
“They think after all these years that I can run back to them. What they did to me? Just the thought of them and I am sick or worse.” Michelle replied.
“She may want to say she is sorry. Make amends before she dies. She may want to make amends before she can rest in peace.” Nick said.
“She started everything Nick. She is the one that started that everything. I can’t forgive her. I can’t forgive anyone. I’m sorry but I can’t. I appreciate you coming out over and here and all but I simply cannot do it. That chapter has closed.” Michelle told him.
“Think about it overnight ok?” Nick suggested.
“Alright.” Michelle replied as she went to the kitchen chair her jacket was on and was putting it on.
“What you gonna do?” He asked.
“Gonna go for a walk.” Michelle replied.
“You ain’t going alone. Not safe at night.” Nick told her, he putting on his jacket.

Walking around Central Park for a few hours, Nick by her side, cups of coffee in their hands trying to keep warm on the cool night. Michelle had made a decision. “I have a conscience. If I don’t, I will regret it. I will see her. I will make her think its alright, but it certainly won’t be alright.” Michelle told Nick.
“Just tell me what to do.” Nick said.
“I will meet with her and then I would want to meet him after wards. This will be their one and only chance to see me.” Michelle replied.
“I’ll call Howie in the morning.” He told her.
“AJ’s not to know. If anyone that isn’t to know, it’s AJ. Promise me you won’t let AJ in on anything?” Michelle begged.
“No one will know. I’m the only one. If anyone asks we’ll say some top secret music stuff that only I know about. They’ll be fine.” Nick replied.
“Thankyou.” Michelle said.
“For what?” Nick asked as he put a hand on her arm to stop walking.
“Everything. I still remember the first day you saw me. You took me in and you didn’t even know me.” Michelle replied.
“One thing I don’t like is seeing someone beautiful as you being treated the way you were. If the guys and I didn’t have that free day in New York and I wanted to come to Jamestown, we wouldn’t have met. I try and get out to Jamestown whenever in New York and all. Bumping into you at the park...I couldn’t help but you know...” Nick told her.
“I know. You didn’t have to do that. I appreciate it. I will never be able to thankyou enough.” Michelle replied leaning up to peck Nick on the cheek.
“We’ll see.” Nick smirked, putting his arms around her to tickle her.

Nick had called Howie and got him to cancel all New York commitments for the next couple of days. The guys called me wondering what was going on, even Aaron but I was going along with the line as what Nick suggested, top secret stuff only we were to know about.