- Text Size +
When Michelle got home that night, she started to pack her bags. This was one time too many. She and AJ had been separated more times then they cared to let on to anyone. Suitcases on the bed she threw her clothes in them not giving a thought to how she was packing her bags. Sooner she was out of there, the better. Dragging the suitcases downstairs, the doorbell rang.

“We just wanted to see how you are.” Nick said as he, Brian and Howie stood at the front door.
“I’m fine. Just fine.” Michelle replied heading back upstairs.
“If you are fine then why are you packing?” Brian asked.
“My mind is clear, I’m not thinking crazy.” She replied as she was getting some of her things off the shelf and putting them in bags.
“Michelle, hold up for a minute. Calm down. What you do you mean?” Howie asked her, stopping her in her tracks holding her hands together.
“My suspicions were right. He has been doing this...again.” She told him.
“What? He been doing it again?” Howie asked shocked.
“Um yeah.” Brian spoke up.
“Since when?” Howie asked as Michelle let go of Howie’s hands and sat on the bed.
“Um, this time about 2 weeks.” Michelle replied looking up at Howie.

“There’s been more times?” Brian asked shocked.
“More than you care to know.” Michelle replied getting back up and finishing her packing, the guys standing around shocked not knowing what to say and do.
“Shell, why? Why are you still with him?” Nick asked her, standing next to her as she removed some photos and CD’s of the shelves.
“Because I loved him. Not anymore. I’ve had it. I’m sorry guys but I’m done with AJ. I love AJ at the same time.” Michelle replied as she was walking out of the room going downstairs starting to put things in her car.
“Have you talked to him?” Howie asked following her.
“I’ve tried but he always has excuses for talking to me. When I leave, that’s when he talks and then he says all this stuff and I forgive him and then we are back where we started again.” Michelle explained.
“How long has this been going on for? The whole cheating thing?” Brian asked as he was carrying some stuff down the stairs into her car.
“We’ve been together 5 years....probably four and a half.” She replied casually.
“WHAT! Michelle, why didn’t you tell us? Tell me?” Nick asked.
“Because you are best friends with him and you would take his side.” Michelle told them.
“But come on, you and I are best friends, we have known each other for so long, you been there for all my crap. Why?” Nick pleaded.
“He’s right. Why?” Howie added.
“I don’t know alright. I don’t know. I guess I wanted to see if he would change.” She said.
“Change after 4 ½ years...Shell, as much as we love AJ, he’s been pretty bad at relationships and needs to learn to respect and cherish the relationship.” Brian told her as she finished closing the car doors with her stuff in.
“Where you going to go?” Howie asked.
“I’m staying at a hotel for a few days. I’m going out of town in a day or so anyway so it’s all good.” Michelle told him.
“What about your stuff? Where’s that going?” Brian asked.
“Once sorted out properly, be leaving some stuff at Jason’s. He’s got some room in his garage so I can store it there.” Michelle explained as she was doing a final check of her things around the house.
“Does AJ know this? You going out of town?” Nick asked.
“Not really.” She replied as she shut the door, handing the keys to Brian. “I won’t need them.” She added. The guys and Michelle hugged before she got in the car and drove off, the guys fading away in the background as she drove off.