- Text Size +
“Feel weird being back here?” Michelle asked Nick as he drove into Jamestown later that morning.
“Yeah but it’s all good. Remember, even if you get to the door, you can back out.” Nick replied reminding Michelle.
“I know. Thanks.” Michelle said, looking out the window seeing what had changed since she was there last.

Nick pulled up outside her parents place and turned the car off. “You can go and do a few things or whatever.” Michelle said to Nick.
“It’s cool. I might surprise a few fans and tweet and stuff.” Nick replied.
“You will make twitter crash. You know what it like when you get online.” Melissa laughed.
“Haha, yeah I know. You’ll be right?” Nick asked.
“Yup, fine.” She replied as she got out of the car.

Her father opened the door. “Sarah, it’s good to see you. Thank you for coming.” Her father said.
“Where is she?” Michelle asked. Her father lead her into her parents bedroom, bypassing her brothers and sisters who were in the lounge room not saying anything.
“Hello Sarah.” Her mother faintly spoke.
“Hi.” Michelle replied standing in the room not knowing what to do. The last time she was in her parents bedroom was when they abused her.
“Thank you for coming. Means a lot to me.” Her mother said.
“Well I’m here.” Michelle told her as she sat on a chair near the bedroom door.
“I take it you have heard that I am dying?” Her mother asked.
“That’s what I’ve been told. All I know.” Michelle replied.
“I haven’t got that long and I am trying to finish things off before it’s too late. I want to make peace with everyone before I go.” Her Mom told her.
“It’s in the past. I’ve moved on. It’s ok.” Michelle replied.
“Sarah, I want to apologise. We had no right to do that.” Her Mom apologised.
“My name is Michelle now.” Michelle added.
“Sorry. I really do mean my apology Michelle. I may have said it years ago but I didn’t really mean it. I do now and it’s not because I am dying. I have been truly and deeply sorry since the day you walked out. I failed as a mother/parent especially to you. I was never there for you. I hope that when you become a mother that you don’t do anything that I have done.” Michelle’s Mum said.
Michelle remained silent. She didn’t know what to say. Michelle had waited over 15 years for an apology for all the abuse her parents gave to her but she didn’t expect something like this.
“It’s alright. It really is.” Michelle replied now sitting on her parents bed, taking hold of her Mom’s hand.
“Thank you.” Her mom smiled, a couple of tears rolling down her face. Soon her Mom went to sleep to rest.

In the living room, her father, brother and sisters were there waiting for her to say something.
“This would mean so much to her.” Michelle’s Dad told her.
“I’m here aren’t I?” Michelle replied.
“Don’t you think you have taken this a bit too far?” David, her older brother asked.
“It’s alright David. It’s ok.” Her Dad replied.
“What now?” Michelle asked.
“You are welcome to stay here. Your Mom may sleep for a few hours now. She preserved her energy for you coming.” Her Dad replied. At that moment, Jessica, Michelle’s younger sister called her family from her parents room.

Just before lunchtime, Michelle walked out her parents house, the final time. Definitely the final time. “It’s over.” Michelle told Nick as she sat in her seat and put the seatbelt on.
“Over?” Nick asked.
“She died a few minutes ago.” Michelle replied, no tone in her voice. No emotion.
“Shell, I’m sorry.” Nick said.
“She apologised to me and went to sleep. I was out with the others when Jessica warned us.” Michelle told him.
“You want to stay on?” He asked.
“I just want to go back to New York.” Michelle replied.

When they got back to the hotel , Michelle turned on her phone. “You have 50 messages.” Michelle repeated to Nick in a robot machine tone.
“How many from AJ?” Nick laughed.
“How does 48 out of 50 sound?” Michelle replied as she continued to listen to AJ’s messages. The other two were from Howie and Brian.
“Sounds like AJ when he doesn’t know what’s going on.” Nick agreed.
“I think I better call him. Let him know I am alright at least.” Michelle said.
“Yeah.” Nick replied as he got on his phone and began making calls.

That night, Nick flew back to Los Angeles, Kenny and Michelle going over things, a big catch up. Things were going to change for Michelle. Many appearances now would be taped and would all be done on one day. Either in the studio or by phone interviews. They had to get back on schedule.

Back in Los Angeles for a week’s break before flying out to London, Michelle spent time with Leighanne and Leigh catching up on things from what she had missed out on, prepared for her trip to Europe, Asia and Australia and spent time with the guys.