- Text Size +
“What are you doing here?” Michelle asked when he came inside.
“We’re sorting this out now.” Nick told her straight out, AJ joining them in the hallway.
“Nick she’s with me now. We’re committed to each other.” He told Nick.
“AJ I love you like a brother but when it comes to relationships, your hopeless. You always end up breaking peoples hearts. You’ve done that way too many times with Shell. Shell loves you so much but she isn’t happy.” Nick blurted.
“Excuse me. Nick I am happy. What makes you think you know me and all too well?” Michelle retorted.
“Shell, who do you come to when AJ has fucked up? Me? Michelle I love you too much to see you hurt again by AJ. You are an amazing woman. A survivor. AJ can say all these things and all but he will do it over and over and over again. If you were with me....” Nick said to her face.
“Nick, no. I said to you when I got back, this is for keeps. AJ and I are happy. We have never been more sure of anything. When he said to me he swore everything he did in the past would never happen again, he meant it. I believe him. You are my best friend, but I’m afraid if you can’t accept me with AJ then I’m sorry I don’t see much in our friendship.” Michelle told him firmly, in shock of what she has said.

“Michelle please.” Nick begged.
“I think you were told. Now if you wouldn’t mind, you can go. Get the fuck outta here.” AJ shouted, putting his arms around Michelle to protect her.
“He is lying to you Michelle.” Nick tried again.
“Please leave.” Michelle replied.
“You heard her.” AJ told Nick. Nick didn’t like that, refusing to leave. AJ let go of Michelle, she backing away as AJ opened the front door for Nick.
“I ain’t leaving. Not leaving until Michelle comes to her senses.” Nick yelled for Michelle to hear. AJ had enough. He started to shove Nick out the door but soon they began to hit each other. Violently.

Ten minutes later, police cars turned up, arresting both Nick and AJ, going in separate cars.

By morning, Nick and AJ were released from the police station, Michelle not wanting to press charges. Aaron came and got Nick while Michelle was waiting for AJ. Michelle wanted to be with AJ for the rest of her life. She wanted to have his children. Her life was with AJ.

Nick walked out first, Aaron getting out of the car to show he was there. Nick gave Michelle a glare and then bowed his head, hands in his pocket. Aaron didn’t blame Michelle for what happened.

“It’s you I belong with.” Michelle whispered in AJ’s ear when he met her, Nick and Aaron long gone.
“Me too.” He whispered back in her ear holding her. “And I will love you more than that.” He added, holding her tight.