- Text Size +
Staying at a hotel near the studio, Michelle just sat in the hotel room in darkness, no lights on, the room silent apart from the sound of the fridge making sounds to let her known that it was on. She wanted to stay away from the media, from everyone. The media and the world were already judging her about her relationship with AJ and her as a solo artist. Michelle was different from the other solo artists out there. Michelle was very curvy and loved every minute of it. She felt comfortable for who she was.

She left her phone on in the off chance that she would hear from AJ. This had been the longest she hadn’t heard from him in all the times they have split up. Nearly a whole 24 hours since they had “talked”.

3am, Michelle was still wide awake. The main road didn’t help. Car lights flashing all the time as they drove past her hotel room. As she glanced outside the window, moving the stained curtain aside to look out, she wondered if she should call AJ. 3am was a good time. She thought she would either wake him up if he was asleep or somewhere and if it were off, well she knew what AJ thought of her. She rang him. Been over 24 hours since she heard his voice.

“AJ it’s Michelle. I know you have gone behind my back again, but at least be a man and talk to me.” Michelle pleaded when he answered the phone.
“Why bother? You know the truth? Last night showed ya. I thought why should I when I know what your going to do?” AJ simply replied, the words rolling off his mouth. AJ at their place, sitting in the lounge room playing video games, dogs asleep at his feet.
“That all you can say? Bloody hell AJ. No apology? No nothing?” Michelle shrieked at him as she moved away from the curtain and sitting in the middle of the top of the bed.
“I’m sorry?” AJ replied shrugging his shoulders.
“My god AJ. ‘I’m Sorry’. After how I found out. I had Brian confirm. I smelt the perfume on everything. If you were experienced at this, you would have known to put on different clothes as you walked in and shit.” Michelle said, furious.
“You’re the one that keeps coming back to me.” AJ reminded her.
“Because somewhere deep inside I love you.” Michelle cried.
“Somewhere deep inside?” AJ remarked.
“Yeah, yeah I do. This time, it’s it. I’m over it. I’m sick of all this shit of what your doing to me. I don’t need to put up with this. In case you haven’t noticed, I have gotten all my stuff out. We are more than over. We are so finished.” Michelle screamed at him and got off the phone.

Feeling frustrated, she knew had to go out. Michelle had to get rid of all the frustrations of AJ and the only way to get rid of it was to go for workout at the gym. But not at 3am in the morning. The only place she knew of was in the studio.

Getting into the studio she opened the doors and let herself in, night security saying hello and letting her through. In the fitness area she saw the treadmill. Perfect. She set herself up and she walked off her frustration.

Michelle’s frustration was that much that she didn’t realise that she had walked non stop that it was sunrise and the cleaners were in the offices cleaning away. The sweat from her body and her face red let people know she was on fire. There were showers in the studio and Michelle decided to have a shower there, she always kept a spare set of clothes in her locker.

“So what you gonna do?” It was Brenda.
“How you know I was here?” Michelle asked as she wrapped a towel around herself and pulled the shower curtain across the rail, walking over to the locker to get her spare clothes.
“I have my sources.” She replied as she sat down on the bench near where Michelle was dressing herself.
“Is it over? Is it for good?” Brenda asked.
“Oh definitely. It’s over. Today is a brand new day.” Michelle replied.
“What you going to do? Where ya staying at?” Brenda asked.
“Staying at the Entry at the moment and putting some stuff over at Jason’s. He hasn’t got the room for me personally, so stay at the Entry til I can a new place.” Michelle informed her.
“You serious! The Entry! Surely you could do better than that?” Brenda asked.
“All I can get last minute. Besides, outta town for a bit.” She said.
“You could have called me. You could have crashed at my place for a bit.” Brenda suggested.
“Thanks, but I just wanted to be alone. If I do need somewhere, I will let you know.” Michelle replied giving Brenda a hug.

Later that day, Brian called Michelle to see how she was.
“How you doing?” Brian asked Michelle as he was grabbing some lunch from the studio cafeteria.
“Yeah going alright. Brenda and I are just going through some time before we go out to New York on Thursday. How’s things with you guys?” Michelle replied, as she was rehearsing some of her songs for her tour.
“Yeah going alright. Same as you, rehearsing before we head out again. Nick’s been a complete dork. We got it recording and gonna put it on the net, fan club, twitter, you know everywhere.” Brian laughed.
“What did he do?” Michelle sighed giggling.
“I can’t say. It’s just too funny.” Brian laughed.
“Hey, Rok quit it...I still taller than you!” She heard Nick in the background. Michelle laughed.
“Hey Shell, help me out here” Nick called out to her through Brian’s phone.

“Seriously, you doing alright? Where ya staying?” Brian asked as he sat down at a table, with Nick opposite her.
“I’m doing alright, staying at a hotel near here til I fly out and all. When get back will start looking for somewhere. Can’t be nothing flash either.” Michelle replied.
“Do you want the Mrs to look at places? She and Leigh can look at places with the kids.” Brian suggested.
“Thanks, but I’ll be right. I wanna do this on my own. I wanna be independent and all. I need to do this.” Michelle replied.
“You aren’t doing this in spite of AJ are you?” Brian asked Nick looked at him weird and concerned at the same time, Nick munching on his burger.
“No. Not at all.” Michelle replied moving over to the window and looking outside.
“Alright...you take it easy alright. We love ya. Bay says hi and he misses ya.” Brian told her.
“Tell Bay I say hi back. I’ll catch up with him when I’m back in LA. Love ya guys.” Michelle replied smiling.

After she got off the phone from Brian, Michelle smiled. She knew this was going to be alright. She was going to do it on her own.