- Text Size +
Two nights later, Brenda and Michelle were at Los Angeles Airport for the red eye flight to New York. Be about a week out of town. Michelle always liked New York, sometimes she felt as though she belonged there in some way. She had this connection to New York.

“Just saying, could I live in New York?” Michelle asked Brenda as they sat back in their seats, in economy talking.
“No, because your manager is in Los Angeles.” Brenda replied laughing.
“I’m serious. Bren, you know how much I love New York and New York loves me. I’m basically a free bird, I’m spending a lot of time here in New York. New York has airports that fly out overseas to where I go sometimes and some parts quicker.” Michelle explained.
“You have thought about this haven’t ya?” Brenda asked her.
“I’ve always wanted to be in New York. I feel as though I belong. Apart from LA I don’t feel comfortably really anywhere else.” Michelle replied.
“This doesn’t have anything to do with a certain someone?” Brenda asked.
“No it certainly does not.” Michelle laughed.
“Let me give it some thought. I am not saying yes and I am not saying no.” Brenda told her. For some of the flight, Michelle had song ideas that were coming into her head and began writing them down.

Arriving in New York there was no time to relax, it was straight from the airport to NBC for the Today Show. Michelle was going to be performing at the end of the show and also doing a short interview with them.

As Michelle went to air, she felt powerful. Nothing would get to her. She found it ironic that the song she was singing, ‘Get Out But I Love You’ was so true to how Michelle was feeling at the moment. Michelle had written that song, AJ co-produced. Michelle put everything into the song. She didn’t have to act. She was venting her frustrations and more or less telling AJ what she thought of him.

“Ah, girl, you were hoping that AJ was watching that weren’t ya?” Brenda asked as they were in a car going to Times Square for MTV interview and then interviews from around the world.
“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” Michelle giggled.
“Oh come on Shell. All of us know that you love AJ. I just wish he would stop cheating and he will realise what he is missing out on.” Brenda replied.
“Yeah I know but I can’t change AJ. He needs to be the one to change. Forever. I will always love AJ. I don’t hate him. Just angry at him.” Michelle said.
“If he doesn’t...well I won’t feel sorry for him.” Brenda added as we arrived at Times Square, still lugging our luggage around. Couldn’t get to the hotel til 4pm and they didn’t trust anyone with their luggage.

For the next 4 hours, Michelle was being interviewed from countries around the world. Some taped interviews, some live interviews and during the time she was able to do some tweets to her fans. Ignoring the ones about those asking if she had split with AJ. During the interviews, Brenda tweeted about the separation and more or less telling people to quit it. It is true but respect Michelle’s and everyone’s privacy.

4pm came and they were able to chill out for a few hours before the radio shows at night or the afternoon radio shows on the west coast called that they couldn’t see when in New York. Once the bellhop left and closed the door, both Michelle and Brenda collapsed on their beds.
“I could just go to sleep like this.” Brenda laughed.
“How are you positioned?” Michelle asked laying on her back facing the ceiling.
“Look.” Brenda replied.
“I can’t.” Michelle cracked up laughing.
“Can we order room service without picking up a phone?” Brenda asked.
“Ah, this place don’t have room service.” Michelle replied.
“AW what! This sucks!” Brenda exclaimed.
“You’re the one that organised this place. Blame yourself.” Michelle said.
“Damn it. Oh well, we just go hungry for a bit longer.” Brenda laughed.

At a cafe near their hotel, Michelle and Brenda talked over things of what would be happening that night, going through what each radio program was like, what the people were like and how long would be with the show.
“And then after you finish with the radio station in London, you then go to Broadway and streak there...”Brenda said getting Michelle out of her daydream.
“Oh yeah, yeah ok. Broadway streaking.” Michelle replied.
“Hello! Michelle! Wakey wakey!” Brenda stopped, clicking her fingers right in front of Michelle’s face.
“Oh sorry...What are you saying?” Michelle apologised and looked at Brenda
“Just finishing off the radio shows for later on. You alright girl?” Brenda asked.
“I love him Bren. I love him.” Michelle answered quietly. Brenda got out of her seat and came and sat down next to Michelle.
“I know you do hun. I know you do.” Brenda said putting her arms around Michelle. Michelle just cried.

Next morning, they were up early for a flight to Chicago for some more radio interviews and some in store appearances and meeting fans from competitions and wishes.