- Text Size +
Chapter 5
We sat there a good while not saying anything so I stood up. “Where are you going?” He asked. “I’m just going to go call Nick then I’ll probably just go out back for a while.” I said standing by the bedroom door. “Would you like company out there?” He asked while placing his feet on the floor. “Give me some time to myself then you can come out.” “Are you sure?” He asked concerned. “Yeah.” I said walking back over to him. Taking him by the hands he stood up. “I love you.” I whispered while looking him in the eyes. “I love you too.” He whispered back as he leaned in to kiss me. I just turned my head away then I pulled back from him. “Ally?” “I’m sorry. Just give me some time to adjust. Take it slow for me.” I said looking him straight in the eyes. He just nodded his head.

I headed down to the kitchen and called Nick. It rang three times before he answered. “Yeah?” “What happened to hello?” I said with a smile. “Ally? That you?” “Yeah, hey Nick.” “It’s been awhile. How’ve you been?” “I’ve been... Okay I guess. How’s Hanna?” “She’s been better. She’s been having trouble sleeping with all the pain she’s been in. She misses her parents and keeps asking when she can go home. Can she? I think it would be better for her. I also think it would be better for both of you too.” I was silent for a minute. “Allison, are you still there?” “Yeah I’m still here.” “So what do you think, can she come home?” “Is she awake?” “Yeah.” “Okay, you can bring her home.” “I’d keep her here but...” “It’s okay Nicky, I understand. It difficult to deal with a sick child. I know.” “That’s why I think it’s best for you and AJ help her with this. Ally she’s so weak. She...” “We’ll talk more when you get here okay?” “Oh, okay. We’ll see you soon.” We both said good-bye then hung up. I then headed out to the back.

Before heading out back I went back into the kitchen to get myself a glass of iced tea. Walking to the sliding door I stopped and stood there a moment. I closed my eyes and laid my hand on my belly. After opening up my eyes I slid the door open and walked over to the couch to sit. I laid my glass down on the table then walked over to the patio window. I just stood there with my hands on my belly and wanted to just pray. So I did. “Hello god, it’s Ally... Allison sorry. I need your help. I don’t ask for much. I also don’t want much. Just one thing from you. My daughter Hanna. You know she’s got Leukemia and doesn’t have that long to live now. I’m sorry I haven’t been there for her, her last few months. I’m sorry for that. I hope you can forgive me. I love my little girl. I also know what I did to Alex was wrong. I know that too. I’ve been regretting it the past six months. Well to get to the point... I was hoping... when she...” This was starting to get harder for me to even talk about. Even to god I just couldn’t keep myself for breaking down. “I know my grandparents are with you. If you could. Have Grams and Gramps look after her for me. I know she’ll be in good hands with everyone and you.” I wiped my eyes before continuing. “I just wish... she... she didn’t have to leave me... us so soon. I love her. I always will. She’ll always be in my heart. Her father... both her fathers, love that child. Alex has been miserable and Nick, her birth father just started getting to know her. If you could please just give us some more time with her. I need more time with her.”

Just then I started cramping. Before I knew it I started getting light headed so I tried to walk back over to the couch. I had just made it when the pain worsen. “ALEX!” I yelled out in pain. He came flying down and found me out back. “Allison what’s wrong?” “I’m cramping. It really hurts.” He came and grabbed me and helped me up. “I’m taking you to the hospital.” I just nodded my head in agreement. When we got to the car that’s when it happened. “Alex.” “What’s wrong baby?” “I think my water just broke. I’m sorry.” I said looking over at him. “Don’t worry about it. It’ll wash out. I just need to get you to the hospital.” It took us a good five minutes to get there. Once we pulled into the entrance he jumped out of the car and ran around to help me out just as a nurse was wheeling out a chair. Then I was rushed up to Labor and Delivery.

After I had gotten settled in my bed I started to cry. “Ally what’s wrong?” Alex asked while trying to warm up my feet with his hands. “It’s too early to have the baby.” “But aren’t you in you third trimester?” “No, I’m only going into my sixth month.” “But you’re still in the safety. The baby should still be okay.” Before I could respond I got hit with a strong contraction. I did my breathing and closed my eyes really tight, as the pain was get sharper by the second. Then it stopped. “Are you okay?” I opened my eyes. “That just hurt. But I’m okay.” I said looked at him. “Do you want me to call the guys?” “Only if you...” Another sharp contraction. “Would you like something for the pain?” I just shock my head. “Are you sure you don’t want an epidural? “No, I can do this without med’s. I did it once I can do it again.” I said taking in a sharp intake. Closing my eyes my breathing started slowing. “Go call the fellas. I should be okay for a while.” I said opening my eyes. “Are you sure? Your contractions are getting close.” “I’m sure.” I said as my doctor walked in. “Good afternoon Allison. I’m Dr. Moore. Let’s see how much you’ve dilated.”

Alex came back and I took his hand as the doctor checked me out. “All right. You’re at nine centimeters. You should be fully dilated in about an hour.” He said placing the sheet back over me. “I’ll be back in an hour to check on you.” He said before leaving. “Dr. Moore.” Alex said following him out. “I’ll be right back baby.” “Kay.” I said.

(Alex)
Then the doctor turned around. “Yes.” “I was just concerned about Ally. Why is she in labor at six months?” “Well this isn’t uncommon for a woman to deliver this early with twins.” He said. “I see.” That’s when it hit me. “WHAT?! What are you talkin’ about? She never said anything about having twins?” “She never told you?” “We’ve been separated for five months until today. I just thought she was having one baby, not two.” He just smiled. “It’ll be difficult but I’m sure you can do it.” I just smirked. “Yeah I guess you’re right. Well I should go call the guys for her.” I said pulling my cell out of my pocket. “I’ll be back in an hour. The doctor said as he walked away and I headed into the waiting area.

I called Nick’s first but got no answer so I called Kevin next. I was about to hang up when he finally answered. “This is Kev.” “Hey Kevin.” “What’s wrong?” “Why do you think something's wrong? All I said was ‘hey Kevin’.” “Because all you said was ‘hey Kevin’. So what’s wrong?” “Okay. Um... well... Ally’s about to have the babies.” I said while waiting for his response. When I got nothing I thought he hung up. “Kev?” “Did you just say, babies?” “Yeah. Were having twins.” “Well, two for the price of one.” He said laughing. “What’s so funny?” “Just the thought of you having twins. I’m sorry.” He said trying to muffle his laughter. “Do you know what you’re having though?” “Yeah, two babies.” I joked back. “Doesn’t be an ass, you know what I meant.” “I know.” I laughed. “No I don’t know if they’ll be boys or girls. We’ll just have to wait. Oh shit I need to call the others.” I stopped to glance at my watch. “Damn it I still need to call Brian and Howie. I also need to call Nick.” “He called me to say he was heading over to your place to drop off Hanna.” “When was that?” “I don’t know... about fifteen, twenty minutes ago. He was just heading out the door.” “I just hope you know... Shit he won’t know!” I paused a moment. “Never mind. He knows that Ally is back.” “I hope you’re right. Well I’ll see you real soon. Oh, I’ll call Brian and Howie for you. You keep trying with Nick.” “Cool. I’ll see you soon.” I flipped my phone closed then headed back to Ally’s room.