- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you guys for still reading and reviewing. I appreciate it. I'm not sure how Kevin stole the spotlight...don't ask...*shrug* I dunno.

I snuck out of Kevin’s bed later on that evening and headed back to my apartment. I stopped by home depot and bought paint and a couple of shelves. Then got home around ten and started to move shit around and paint. The color was a light violet and I made more mess than I had intended too. Around midnight the room was completely painted, along with some of my hair and clothes.

I was exhausted.

I’d promised myself I wouldn’t sit around and mope anymore. But finding that Nick hadn’t emptied all the dressers and had left some shoes and a bag with some of his belongings; sent me into a crying frenzy all over again.

When I opened my eyes my mother was looking down at me and she was shaking her head. “Sophia Thompson what on earth is going on?”

Groggily I sat up and realized I had fallen asleep on the floor. “I need you to take these things out of here.” I started scooping up Nick’s belongings. I dropped the bag and I heard something crack inside. Carefully I stuck my hand in the bag and took out a shattered frame. It hurt like hell when I saw the picture. I even remembered the day it was taken. We were all at camp and somehow had managed to round up everyone and take a picture. It was probably one of the last whole family pictures we’d taken and would ever take.

“Can I keep this one mom?” My mother gave me a warm smile and a big hug. I was probably being selfish, because all I could think about was the pain I was feeling. But her pain had to be much greater.

“So what else are you doing in here?” She asked.

I looked around at the pretty colored room. “I thought I would leave this bed and buy new girlie dressers. I’m ready to take care of Hannah if Angie will allow me too.”

Mom raised a brow and gave me a shrug. We were thankful enough Angie hadn’t checked herself out, but if she stayed she had three more months to go in there. I thought why not make Hannah comfortable while she was with me.

We spent the rest of the day at the store and fixing the room. Mom was all smiles when we looked around. “It’s beautiful…I don’t think that poor kid has had a room like this before.”

There was a knock at the door and we both walked out to see who it was. Mom went to the kitchen and I opened the door. My heart sank when I saw him standing there leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. His eyes met mine and they held for a bit. He didn’t smile or anything he just kissed Hannah’s forehead.

“See you later kiddo.” Hannah hugged me and then walked into join my mom.

I closed the door behind me. Alex was glaring at me his jaw was clenched and he was in his ‘pissed off’ pose. “Thanks fo--”

“Did you fuck’em?”

What was I supposed to answer to that? Silence, that was way better. Of course, that pissed him off even more. He pushed himself off the wall and got close to me.

“You did…you fucked him. God dammit, Sophia.”

I know it’s stupid, but I felt ashamed. “It’s ok for you to do it, but not me?”

“I don’t want to talk about it. See you around.” Before I could even respond to him; he was gone.

When I entered the house mom and Hannah both turned to look at me. “Uncle Alex looked mad. He was cussing a lot on the phone.”

“Uncle Alex is always mad.”

Hannah giggled. We took her down the hall and asked her to close her eyes. She did. We stood in front of the door and opened it slowly. Then asked her to open her eyes. They widened and then she squealed.

“It’s beautiful. I have a desk for homework and my own dresser. Wait…is this mine?”

“Of course it’s yours.” I smiled and felt the tears sting my eyes.

Where the hell had this motherly instinct come from? Usually I only cared about me. Now here I was taking responsibility for a minor. Her little arms around my legs brought me back to the moment and I hugged her tight.

~~~~~~

Mom made us dinner and then left to tend to my dad. We ate and then did some homework. After homework we finally sat down to watch her favorite cartoon ‘Spongebob’ which I must say is such a moron.

We were both in a fit of giggles when there was a knock at the door. My stomach flipped as I stood up to check through the peephole. Ugh. I stood there for a bit, looking down at my clothes that I had never changed and realizing that my hair was still matted with paint. I cursed. I opened the door.

“Hi.” I greeted with a smile.

Angry green eyes looked up at me. “What happened?”

“Nothing. I sleep in my bed everyday…” Although last night I had slept on the floor.

He stuck his head into my apartment and leaned on the door frame. “Hey Hannah!”

“Hi Kevin.”

“Hannah why don’t you go get ready for bed.”

“Ok…” She waved at Kevin and headed down the hall.

Kevin’s eyes were back on me and instead of looking him in the eyes I looked around my apartment. I noticed the place was a mess. I’m not the cleaning type, sue me.

“So what’s going on?” He questioned.

I turned around and walked towards the kitchen. Kevin closed the door and followed me. I wasn’t sure what the hell I needed from the kitchen, but it was the first place I could think about going to. When I turned around he was right behind me.

Ugh. I had to admit that looking into those beautiful green eyes was breath taking. My lips curled into a smile. “What do you want from me? I’m a mess and I suck at relationships…or the only one I’ve ever been in.”

He sighed deeply. “Did you forget you’re my partner and I know you are a mess. I like it though.”

I ducked under his arms and walked towards the room. I peaked into Hannah’s new room and smiled. She was already fast asleep in her new bed. My body stiffened as I felt the warmth against my backside. This man was not giving up and I’m not sure if I wanted him too.

“Hmm…so this is the reason for the paint. Has the clock started ticking?” He chuckled.

I laughed a little. “Very funny! She’s a good kid. She doesn’t have her mother right now, thought I could try.”

Carefully I closed her door and turned back to face Kevin. “I wanna know what’s on your mind?”

“Shower!” I blurted.

His caterpillar eyebrows rose slightly. “Really?”

“No. I meant me.”

He took my hand and I rolled my eyes. “Oh come on. Don’t tell me you don’t want to.” It didn’t take him much convincing, we made it to the bathroom quickly. He closed the door and locked it; removing his shirt in the process.

His lips engulfed mine for a quick moment. Then he grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled it over my head and moved on to my pants. I have to admit I was pretty nervous as I stood there only in my intimates. I watched as he reached in and turned on the shower. Kevin didn’t give me much time react to his undressing. He hopped into the shower and I watched as the water fell over his shoulders and down his chest.

“Come on!”

I bit the inside of my cheeks and slowly removed the rest of my things and obediently got into the shower with him. I felt the goose bumps all over my body as the water and the warmth of his body covered me. Water dripped into my mouth as our lips met once again. I gasped feeling the cold tile against my back. His mouth moving slowly down my chin and sucking on my neck.

My hands ran up and down his back and I watched him slowly move further down. I moaned feeling his tongue doing wonders to my… “Oh my God” My mouth fell open and I wasn’t able to say much else.

He came back up with a big grin on his face. My body was pinned against he tiled wall once again; while his hand reached for my leg and wrapped around his waist. My body tensed as I felt him push inside of me.

“I told you…not bad…huh…” He breathed. His heavy breathing turned me on even more.

“Mmmhmm!” That’s all I could say. I was trying to stay quiet, didn’t want to risk Hannah waking up. Before I knew it my body was trembling against his and his teeth were sinking into my neck as I felt him releasing inside of me. Inside of me? Holy crap.

Something happened in-between our pleasure. I began to panic. Unprotected sex with Kevin…two nights in a row.

“Shit.” I muttered, louder than I had intended.

Kevin looked at me, “What?”

“This is the second time we do it…without anything. I mean…what if…and I’m not…” My pleasure was replaced by panic.

“Calm down. Maybe it’s not that bad.”

“Are you crazy?”

Kevin wrapped a towel around his waist and frowned. “If being in love with you means I’m crazy. Then yeah!”

Crap!