- Text Size +
“So, where are we going?” Casey asked.
“How about Lé Café on 50th?” Chris asked everyone. Everyone agreed. “You ladies can leave your care here and just come with us.” We said ok. AJ opened the passenger seat door for me. I got in and he shut it. Chris and Casey got in the back to talk and get to know each other more. AJ got in and looked back at them, then to me and he smiled and laughed a little. I did the same. We drove past my studio.

”Hey Chris, Mo here owns that studio.” He pointed to it.
“Really? You’ve kind of always wanted to record there.” I looked at him.

“It’s a badass studio. I told him he could bring in the boys anytime he wanted.”
“Well it’d be more for my solo album.” He said looking at me for a second.
“Oh, well then you can come in whenever you want.” We all laughed.

We got to the restaurant and talked a little more. Casey and Chris had really hit it off by now and we were really becoming close. AJ and I however were becoming great friends. We had a lot in common including our tastes in music, love for tattoos (though I had none at the moment), and that in our spare time we loved to be with family and friends. We shared stories about family happenings and he talked to me a little more about his solo work, and his work with the boys.

“I happen to love your group. I mean…the music is so real.” He sipped some of his coffee.
“That’s what we go for. It’s a lot of experiences we’ve had, and some of it is what we’d like to have happen, you know?”
“I totally know…sometimes I wish that I had followed through with my childhood dream of singing so I could put my life through song and inspire others…but I always enjoyed behind the scenes stuff a little more. Meeting people is much cooler than being the person someone wants to meet. I wouldn’t get the same rush as I do with my studio.”
“It’s a miracle how awesome you are.” He high-fived me. I laughed with him. I was so comfortable with him it was unbelievable.
“You and I need to hang out some more I think.”
“I definitely agree with you. What should we do?”
“I don’t have any idea…I’m redecorating my house so I don’t know how much time I have free between that and the studio.”
“Why don’t I come with you to pick out some stuff for your place, I have a friend who helped me with mine.”
“Where is your place?”
“Hill Drive.” I thought.
“Can I come see your house to see what it looks like, maybe it’s what I’m going for.”
“Totally, how about after this?” I agreed. We finished there and took Casey and Chris back to my car. I told Casey to take him home if she wanted but take the car back to my house, and I left with AJ. We drove up to his house. When we got there I remembered all the time I had listened to his music and how often I thought about what it would be like to marry him. I was a huge fan of his, but for some reason I forgot about it when I met him. I guess I was just so used to working with famous by then. I felt like a little girl all the sudden. I got out of the car and walked up to the door with him. He unlocked it and we walked in. It was a beautiful rustic feel, all the wood seemed older than it was, and the artwork was unbelievable.

“AJ…this is so gorgeous.” I touched the fireplace lightly and looked at the art.
“Thank you. It’s home.” I looked back at him.
“You know, I was thinking about how awesome of a friend you’d make…but I might just sleep with you to be in this house more often.” He laughed.
“I’m not going to turn that down.” I laughed at him.
“I’m just kidding…I’m…well I’m waiting, if you get me.” His eyes got big?
“You’re a virgin?” I put my hands on my hips.
“Do I look like I’ve slept with someone?”
“Well no, it’s just that it’s not often you hear that stuff.” He sat on his couch. I sat down next to him and we talked some more.