- Text Size +
NEXT DAY

I’m working at my studio thinking about yesterday with AJ, it was everything I had ever dreamed, but for some reason I wasn’t as excited as I should be. I heard the bells on the door. I looked down from my office and saw AJ walking in and up to the receptionist. My phone buzzed and I answered it.

“Yes.”
“Mo, AJ McLean from the Backstreet Boys is here to see you.”
“Send him up, please.”
“Yes, ma’m.” In a couple minutes there was a knock on my door.
“Come in.” I stood up and welcomed AJ with a hug.
“Hey hun.”
“Hey.” I went back behind my desk and he sat down at a chair in front of it.
“I hope it’s ok that I told the boys to come a little later to check out the studio.” I nodded.
“That’s just fine. I’m a little slow today. But tomorrow should have me filled…The Jonas Brothers are coming in. My street is going to be filled with fans.”
“Just get some guards out there.”
“No way, I told them to bring their own if they want the privacy. I’m not responsible for anyone but my building and staff.”
“That’s a good way to run a business. You seem to really be serious about this place.”
“It’s my baby, I built it from nothing and have brought in huge names…” He smiled innocently at me. I heard the bells again and saw the rest of his crew come in. My phone buzzed again.

“Mo, it’s the rest of the Backstreet Boys.”
“Ok, I’m coming down now.” I hung up and AJ and I walked downstairs. I walked over to them and shook their hands.

“Hi guys, I’m Mo.”
“Hi Mo.” They all said back.
“So what do you guys want to do while you’re here?” I said clasping my hands together.

“Well we’re working on a new album called This Is Us, and we’ve been working with the same studio for ages and we’re not inspired by it anymore…We barely finished up our last album with inspiration. We heard from Britney that this place has different themed rooms and she wrote Blackout here.” Brian said.
“She did write it here…She put the studio in her thanks you’s, which was awesome. I really hope you guys can get inspired here, not all of our rooms are themed though, people like TI just like to get work done so we have a couple regular foamed rooms.”
“That’s fine.”
“Awesome…do you want to start today?” They all looked at each other. “Or you could take a look around the rooms and see what you like.” They agreed on that. AJ got pulled back by Brian. I continued to show the other two the rooms.

“So Mo, how long have you run this place?” Nick asked me.
“Since last year. It was a run down studio at first, and I spent nearly half a million to fix it back up.”
“Dang, that’s a lot of money.” He said.
“It has been more than worth it. To meet the people I meet, and hang with the people I hang with…it’s a blessing.” We got to the first room and AJ and Brian joined us. “This is our movie room. It’s got posters of older movies and newer movies. It’s popular for the artists because they like to write love songs in here.” I opened up the door and they walked in. “It’s also our biggest room.” The boys just looked around in awe at it.
“I have never seen a room like this…ever.” Nick said starring at a poster of Gone with the Wind.

“We could definitely use this room.” Brian said as I clapped a little.
“Perfect! Should we go on?” They all nodded. We left the room and I locked it back up. We went down the long hallway to the next room on the right. “This is my favorite room, the paparazzi room.” I opened it up. There were pictures of models walking around paparazzi snapping pictures. “You can imagine that Lady Gaga wrote Paparazzi in here. Which is my favorite song…ever.”

“I love this room…” AJ said to me.
“Thank you.” I winked at him and he grinned back. “Alright, moving on.” Across the hall was another room.

“I’m in love with this studio thus far, Mo.” Howie said.
“That is the best thing I could ever hear…trust me.” I laughed a little at him. “Ok, this is the beach room.” I let them in.
“Ok, this room…is awesome!” Howie said looking at the beach scene.
“Yeah, it’s a favorite of others too, a lot of… ‘I’m here for you’ songs were written here. It’s just a calming place.”
“I can imagine.” He said back to me.

“Now, the next room is rarely used because it’s hard to come up with something.” I walked them to the next room and opened it. “It’s called the Masquerade room.” It’s a gold room with purple accents with a bunch of Mardi Gras masks added to it.
“I think we can definitely get something in here…” Nick said to me.
“Yeah, it’s got great atmosphere to it.” Brian added.


I finished showing them the rest of the themed rooms and included the regular rooms.

“Mo, we will definitely be coming back to do some work here…Thank you so much for taking time out to show us.” Brian said hugging me.
“You guys are so welcome, I love this group and I’ll do anything to get you guys to work here.”
“We’ll be back, don’t you worry.” I hugged Nick and Howie and those three left. AJ stayed behind and came back to my office with me.