- Text Size +
“Denise, it’s Bec.” They had only been back a few days from their tour, Denise with more hitting but still no one knew.
“Hey, Bec how are you?” She asked when Bec said.
“Um, yeah pretty good for someone who’s having a baby.” Bec replied.
“How long now?” Denise asked.
“Um, now. Can’t get in touch with the guys and your closer to me. Think you can handle a whale about to give birth?” Bec asked.
“Yup sure. On my way.” Denise replied.

At the hospital, Denise stayed with Rebecca the whole time. “We didn’t want to say anything but AJ and I wanted you here at the birth.” Rebecca mentioned to Denise as she finally got settled on the bed.
“Really?” Denise asked shocked.
“Yeah. After all you are this kids first Godmother.” Rebecca replied casually.
“I’m what?” Denise said.
“Yup. After all you were the one that us into this position. If it weren’t for me crashing at the hotel in Sydney when the guys were there and AJ and I staying up all night long, getting to know each other over 6 years ago now, I would be somewhere.” Rebecca explained just as another contraction started. Rebecca only wanted AJ at the hospital, no one waiting around.

An hour later AJ walked in. “Hey baby.” He said walking in and giving her a hug.
“Don’t baby me.” She growled at him.
“Another one is about to happen.” Denise said. AJ took Rebecca’s other hand, Denise helping her through the contraction and with her breathing.
“Sorry.” Bec apologised as he let go of AJ’s hand after the contraction.
“It’s alright, it’s still there. For now anyway.” He replied brushing her hair away from her face and kissing her forehead.
“Thank god for the drugs. Denise, when you have a kid, demand drugs!” Bec laughed to Denise.
“Thanks for the tip.” Denise replied.
“Everyone know?” AJ asked.
“Yup, all standing by. Don’t know why, this kid won’t come out for ages yet. I want it out now.” Rebecca replied.
“Me too.” AJ commented, making a face at Denise which Rebecca didn’t see.
“The kid is coming tonight.” Rebecca warned them.
“It will honey, it will.” AJ said. At that moment another contraction.

Rebecca was right, they became parents by dinnertime. A boy, 9lb 8oz Denniz Alexander. AJ wanted the Z after Denniz Pop who died of cancer around the time of when Millennium was released. One by one everyone came in. “Now, we have four boy kids. The pressure is on you and Nick now.” AJ joked to Denise and Nick as Denniz was being held by Leighanne.
“You know me man. No kids.” Nick laughed.
“Awww.” Baylee said.
“That’s what we think too.” Howie added.
“All in good time kid, all in good time.” Nick told Baylee as Nick took hold of Denniz.

Home later that night, Denise went up to the gym room and went on the treadmill while Nick was downstairs. Behind closed doors, they were just housemates. Denise moved out of the bedroom and back into the spare room, Of a night she would block the doorway with a chair or something to try and Nick stop from getting into her room if he wanted to attack her.

A few days later Rebecca was home from hospital with Denniz, AJ could only pick them up from the hospital and take them back home. Denise was staying with Rebecca to get her adjusted to motherhood. Denise knew that she would never a mother to Nick’s children as he didn’t want any children so she found herself attached to Denniz more than what she thought she would be.
“You so would be a fantastic mother.” Rebecca commented as Denise walked around the nursery room settling Denniz down for a sleep.
“That’s what people tell me.” She sighed rubbing his back.
“If it can happen for AJ, it can happen for anyone.” Rebecca said.
“Nick has sworn off kids for himself. Can’t blame him when you look at his past.” Denise replied.
“Yeah I suppose but still. AJ wanted kids, he was desperate for kids. He wants to give Denniz the childhood that he never had with a real father. I know he had his grandfather but father, father.” Rebecca agreed.
“I know where you are coming from. I’ve always said that the guys would be and are over protective of the kids. Can’t blame them.” Denise added.
“True, very true.” Rebecca replied as Denise laid Denniz in his crib.

“You know the number one rule about newborns?” Denise asked Rebecca as they walked out of his room and were walking past Rebecca and AJ’s bedroom.
“What?” Rebecca replied.
“When baby sleeps, Mummy sleeps.” Denise told her opening the bedroom door, gesturing for Rebecca to lie down.
“But...” Rebecca tried to say.
“But nothing, come on. I got the baby monitor, Denniz is sound asleep. You sleep too.” Denise cut in as she lead Rebecca into the room and closing the curtains.
With Denniz and Rebecca sleeping, Denise unpacked their bags and got the laundry started and began to cook meals. Denise was taking vacation from the TV show for a month so she had plenty of time on her hands.

“Hey.” Denise was startled. She turned around and saw AJ.
“What are you doing here? You are meant to be working.” Denise asked as she was sorting out the washing.
“Thought would come home for lunch. How they doing?” AJ replied.
“Both sound asleep. Your Mum called, flight has been delayed and will be arriving tonight. Didn’t say a time.” Denise told him.
“Damn I love how you say Mom.” He chuckled.
“I love how you try to speak Aussie but always comes out English.” Denise laughed.
“I’ve been trying. I swear!” He said.
“Whatever.” Denise replied and lifted a basket of washing and was going outside.
“Hey D?” AJ stopped her.
“Yeah what?” She replied.
“Nothin, it’s ok. Thanks for helping out.” AJ said.