- Text Size +
When Denise woke up in the morning it was 10am, Nick was still there. He was in his office on the computer. “Hey you.” He said pulling back from the desk, Denise going round to him.
“Morning.” She replied as they kissed.
“We don’t have to be in the studio til like 12 so just doing stuff online for the websites.” Nick explained what he was doing.
“That’s cool. What you putting on?” She asked as she got the other chair in front of Nick and sat next to him. He had a few screens open. “Hehe, your like me.” Denise laughed.
“Check this out.” Nick said as he clicked on a screen. Up showed his twitter page saying that he couldn’t be any happier than he is right now. Great friends, loved ones, family, fans. All the messages he was getting back.
“Go on, shock a few fans.” Denise dared him.
“Should I?” He asked.
“Yeah, send twitter into over drive.” Denise laughed. Denise sat back and watched at Nick tweeted back to some fans. When Nick wasn’t looking, she went into her room and grabbed her phone and took of a photo of Nick at the computer and tweeted from her account telling people it is actually Nick tweeting back.
“D HELP ME!” Nick shouted from the office, Denise was just getting dressed.
“Ya on your own.” She called back laughing.
“It’s your fault!” He said.
“I suggested it.” Denise laughed.
“I had no choice, you dared me. I didn’t want to be a chicken or whatever.” Nick replied as she walked into the office.
“Whatever. Anyway, it’s nearly 11.30.” Denise replied.
“Yikes, gotta go. We’ll just be organising dates and budgets for the upcoming tour. I’ll be home around 8ish or something all going well.” Nick told her.
“It’s cool. I will be just unpacking and all. Start getting prepped for Monday.” Denise replied.
“No worries. Ya know where everything is and all. Remember this is your place too.” Nick said.
“I know.” She replied. Nick got up from his chair, shared a kiss and he left.

When Nick left and made sure he was gone, she ran around the house screaming, and then jumping on her bed and screaming. Not believing this was happening. She found her iPod and connected it up to the dock that was beside her bed and let it play. It had nothing but Backstreet Boys plus the guys solo music.

Moving around and unpacking her things, organising on where she would place things, she found boxes she had packed but totally forgot including the things she had when she was a teenager. Memorabilia, posters, photos, CD’s, music of the guys. She took a break and started to read some of it. Denise didn’t realise that the sun was going down. She got off the floor against the wall and she began sorting out her wardrobe. With the music blasting she put away her wardrobe, not realising she had an audience.

Nick just stood quietly at the edge of her door, leaning against the wall, quietly laughing. As ‘I Stand For You’ finished, Nick applauded her. Denise stopped and turned around.
“You weren’t meant to see that.” She laughed.
“Obviously!” Nick laughed back.
“What time is it?” She asked.
“After 9 or something. You must have had fun today.” Nick replied as Denise turned off the iPod and closing the blinds.
“Oh wow. Yeah, today was pretty good. Rediscovering what I have.” She replied shoving things on the floor.
“Like what? Gimme a look.” Nick said.
“I didn’t realise I had some of this packed, some of it is going in recycle.” Denise replied trying to get a book off Nick.
“Ah, what have we here...Fan fiction..Hehe, this should be funny.” Nick laughed.
“No, no way. That is off limits.” Denise laughed back trying to fight Nick for the book.
“What’s yours is mine and whats mine is yours. Now lemme see.” He said as he sat on the edge of the bed, Denise still begging and pleading, turning red by the second.
“Nick, please. I was a lovesick teenager, no life, nothing.” Denise whined.
“But aren’t you curious to see how lovesick you were?” Nick asked.
“No! As I said, I am going to get rid of this stuff.” She replied.
“Alright, ok, ok, BUT I wanna see what other stuff you have in here...Deal?” Nick compromised.

As they sorted through boxes and went through things, Nick laughed a few times, seeing things Denise collected over the years. “Oh man. What was I thinking!” He cracked up laughing as he saw read some interviews she had kept.

“Nick?” She asked him when she was putting CD’s on a shelf above her bed.
“Mmmm.” He replied reading some of the stuff.
“You haven’t heard from Aaron and your sisters have you?” Denise asked.
“Should I have?” Nick replied putting a folder back in the box he found it in and then sat on the edge of her bed.
“Take it you haven’t then.” She sighed.
“Doesn’t mean anything. We don’t call each other for a couple of days or so. Aaron and I. Angel well she knows where I am and we hook up when we’re in town, Leslie, well she’s um, Leslie, BJ she’s around.” Nick explained.
“Oh ok.” Denise replied as she got some more CD’s from the box.
“Hey, hey, come here.” Nick said as he took hold of Denise’s hand and she sat on his knees.
“It’s cool. Seriously.” Denise tried to say but Nick could sense she was lying.
“If you are wondering about you living here with me, don’t. I don’t have to answer to them. I only have to answer to me. They don’t know you like I know you. They don’t realise that we have been together on tour. And you know what they say when you are with someone on tour don’t ya?” Nick assured her.
“What?” She asked him.
“If you can put up with someone on tour, especially me for more than a week, it’s gonna be alright.” Nick replied. Denise smiled a bit.
“There, that my girl. Come on, I’m starving, I want food.” Nick said.

When they were downstairs, Nick showed Denise on the kitchen on how to work things.
“I didn’t know on how you were with our temperatures and all but I found a conversion thing for ya so it makes things easier for you for when you cook and all.” Nick told her.
“Ah, good ‘ol Celsius!” Denise sighed.
“It ain’t gonna be around for long. I thought it would be good for you to begin with so you don’t like undercook things or whatever.” Nick reminded her.
“I been learning, I been learning. You might be surprised.” Denise laughed.
“Aw man I did all this research and all for nothing!” Nick whined.
“You research?” Denise asked.
“Haha yeah I know, seems a lifetime since I did that. I was like what? 17?” Nick laughed as he was stripping fish making it into a stir fry, Denise preparing the vegetables to put in the wok which was slowly sizzling away.
“Haha funny!” Denise remarked.

“Hey, you wanna watch the game from earlier tonight? Bucs and Greenbay?” Nick asked as they got comfy in the lounge grabbing the TV remote.
“Bucs and Bay were playing today? Denise replied.
“I thought you would have watched it but didn’t want to tell me the score and all.” Nick laughed.
“I’m still on Australian time. I wanna be in LA time.” Denise whined moving her head backwards.
“Couple of days and you’ll be right.” He said putting a hand on her leg patting it.
“Hoping so.” She replied as they soon quietened down ready to watch the game.