- Text Size +
Denise went to bed around midnight. She and Rebecca had plans to meet up. Rebecca was going to take Denise around Los Angeles and show her the sights and have a girls day out. Rebecca had the day off work.

“Ok, one place all girls should go to is Rodeo drive. A girl has to go to Rodeo Drive. Rodeo Drive is a woman’s heaven. “ Rebecca told her.
“I have always wanted to do the Pretty Woman thing.” Denise laughed.
“Let’s do it!” Rebecca said.
“What? Bec, I didn’t mean it like that! Just a small bit.” Denise replied.
“Ah, hello? Where are we? Rodeo Drive. Los Angeles. One has to shop big. Rodeo Drive expects you to shop big. Besides....AJ gave me his card. Well I have access to his card.” Bec stated.
“OMG! Bec, no, no way. I couldn’t!” Denise exclaimed.
“He insisted. He wants to get you all Americanised. If the boys didn’t have to work, they would be here. I have been given the duty to make you American.” Rebecca said.
“Well he never told me that.” Denise replied.
“Surprise! Welcome to LA and to AJ’s life.” She laughed.

Rebecca and Denise shopped all morning, the bags filling up in the car, having the time of their lives. Denise had never shopped so much or had so much fun shopping. “Ooooh, I know, have you got a black dress, plain, you know LBD?” Bec asked Denise.
“Nah, I’m more the jeans and shirt or pants and top kind of person.” Denise replied.
“This is an emergency...come on.” Rebecca said grabbing hold of Denise’s arm. “We gotta get LBD’s.” She added.
“Why?” Denise laughed as they walked across the road.
“Why? Oh my god. I can’t believe you asked why you needed a LBD! Every woman needs one. It’s essential. Besides, you know how much Nick loves them.” Rebecca explained as she moved closer to Denise so no one would hear what was being said.
“I just never needed the use for one. Times I have been with Nick it’s all been casual and all.” Denise replied.
“Well I can assure you, the dress I have planned for you, he’ll be wanting to rip it off ya.” Rebecca laughed.
“Bec!” Denise shrieked turning red.
“What? What did I say?” Bec asked. Denise said nothing.
“Nothing, nothing.” Denise replied quickly wanting the subject to change looking through the dresses in a shop on a rack. Bec stopped her.
“Don’t tell me....”Bec began to say.
“He’s cool with it.” Denise shrugged.
“Trust me, a guy is never ‘cool with it’ Just like us, they have needs to. Only they have more.” Bec replied quietly.
“I wanted it to be here in LA.” Denise said.
“And now you are here. Forget jetlag and crap. Tonight, you are gonna shock the hell outta him.” Bec told her. Within the hour, they had found the dress, Bec paid for it and then she was driving to the Beverly Hills Hotel Day Spa. Denise and Rebecca had waxes, massages, body wraps all afternoon and getting makeup done. Denise was being looked after head to toe.

By the time Denise and Rebecca had finished, it was 9pm, Alex had called and said he was heading home. “Do we know if Nick was heading straight home?” Rebecca asked winking at Denise while she was getting her nails done.
“Yeah he is, was going to get dinner for him and Denise and just chill out or something or other, he said.” AJ replied.
“No worries, be home soon.” Rebecca said and hung up.

“Yo, Aussie Chick, you here babe!” Nick called out when he got home opening the door. Nick always called Denise Aussie Chick. Denise was in her room waiting for him.
“Yeah I’m here.” Denise called back.
“Brought in dinner, couldn’t be bothered cooking, too late for me.” He said.
“It’s alright no worries.” She replied looking at herself in the mirror one more time and walking out.
“I got like a mixture of Japanese and Chinese. We ain’t had that together and...” Nick said stopping mid sentence looking at Denise.
“Hi.” Denise quietly said.
“You look hot!” Nick remarked, moving towards her to look at her more.
“Alright?” She asked.
“Alright! Ya one hot sexy woman.” Nick replied giving her a kiss.
“Thanks.” She replied.
“You want dinner or what?” He whispered in her ear.
“We could skip to dessert.” She suggested, putting her hands in his.
“Mmm, I think we can do that.” He grinned

Nick and Denise woke up watching the sunrise in Los Angeles. “Sweet or what?” He sighed.
“I know some places where there are better.” Denise replied.
“Oh yeah? Such as?” Nick asked as they sat up in his bed.
“Overlooking the oceans around the world.” Denise sighed.
“We’ll do that I promise you. We’ll start off here, then we’ll had down to Tampa, then to oh I don’t know, New York, cross over to London, then Paris...” Nick assured her.
“I’m just dreaming here.” Denise replied.
“Hey, who am I? Forget on who I am?” Nick asked putting his hands up in defence.
“No, course I haven’t. It would be great, just hope that it wouldn’t interfere with my work and all.” She replied.
“We have plenty of time. Could go down to Tampa one weekend, get you on the boat, get you out in the middle of nowhere. No one to disturb us.” He said giggling kissing her.
“That would be great.” She murmured enjoying Nick kissing her.

Once Nick had gone to the studio to meet up with the guys, Denise started to completely finish unpacking her things. She only had a couple of more days to completely get settled before she started work. On the weekend Nick and Denise along with AJ were going to go to the football game. Friday night after Nick finished at the studio, he and Denise were going to the sports store to get Denise fitted out in Tampa Bay Buc’s gear, without AJ knowing. The Bucs were going to be playing Denver Broncos in a special match outside of their respective towns.

“Now I don’t know what it’s like for your crazy football in Australia but for fans here for our awesome football, everyone needs a jersey, baseball cap, jacket, and those foam hands.” He said as they walked into Foot Locker.
“Excuse me....Our football is not crazy. Aussie Rules does not have padding, maybe a cushioned helmet for some players but we tackle and all just as bad and we don’t require all the protection.” Denise told him.
“Our football, our players have muscles.” He added.
“Our football, our players don’t need to be all muscley. Our players can jump in the air. Our players run around all around the ground. Very rare do all your players get more than a few meters.” Denise laughed as they got to the NFL gear.
“Muscley? That is so not a word!” He laughed.
“Well I’m calling it a word.” Denise stated.
“It’s not a word. You look it up.” Nick replied.
“I’m not going to. It’s my prerogative.” Denise told Nick.
“Whatever!” He sighed and found a Bucs Jersey. “Here.” He said handing her a jersey and walking off to find a jacket.

Two hours later after they found things, went around the store and tried different equipment, having photos with fans, they walked out the store laughing. Waiting outside the store was AJ.
“Well, well. We have we got here hmm?” He asked trying to peer into the bags.
“Never you mind man. We just did some shopping, getting D set up for the sports season and just mucked around.” Nick laughed.
“He bought you Bucs?” AJ asked Denise nodding knowing full too well that it was true.
“We aren’t saying anything. Are we?” Denise replied as she looked up at Nick.
“I’m training her well!” Nick laughed.
“Oh no you aren’t training me. I’m my own woman. I’m no ones woman.” Denise replied.
“I think you better have a talk with her.” AJ joked.
“Don’t worry I will man, I will.” Nick laughed putting an arm around Denise’s shoulders, pecking her on the cheek.
“Where’s Bec?” Denise asked changing subject.
“She’s been stuck at work. Got some big deadline for the new fashion season. She was rambling going a million miles an hour, when she’s in that mood, you don’t ask questions. I’ll be going in around midnight and seeing how she’s going.” AJ replied.
“Yeah I know from experience.” Nick added.
“Oh yeah! Still getting over it?” AJ asked.
“Getting there.” Nick laughed.
“What happened?” Denise asked.
“It was heading towards Christmas, year before and Nick had to drop something off for Bec. I was outta town or something. Nick went in to drop whatever it was and Bec barked at him, not realising that it was Nick.” AJ replied.
“Oh my god!” Denise shrieked laughing.
“I made Bec pay me back big time.” Nick said.
“Why doesn’t that surprise me?” Denise replied.
“Say, what you say we get some dinner down by the beach?” AJ suggested.

“Awww AJ ya making me miss Australia more!” Denise whined as they sat on the sand at Venice Beach as they ate dinner.
“Why?” AJ mimicked whining.
“When one goes to the beach they have fish n chips.” Denise replied.
“Fish n what?” Nick asked confused.
“Ok, translation. Fries. England may do it and all but Aussies do it better. Just need to avoid the fish from being too greasy. Ugh!” Denise replied.
“Sounds fishy to me.” AJ laughed.
“Ok, how’s this...when you decide to see Australia next, I will make sure that there is a day free or even a few hours where we all go to the beach. Have fish n chips. Aussie tradition.” Denise said.
“I think you better talk to Jen about that. She may be cool but she can be a meanie at times.” AJ replied.
“Nah! Jen’s cool. Much better than other ones.” Denise said.
“True but when she’s ya boss, watch out!” Nick replied making a whipping sound and movement.

Nick and Denise left around 11.30pm, as AJ was leaving to go and see Bec and calm her down. “So, how ya liking Yankee land?” Nick asked as he drove home.
“Loving it. I don’t want it to end. I’ve only been here a few days. I wanna see so much. Do everything all at once.” She replied.
“You’ll do them. By hanging with us, you’ll do them. We’ll let you hang around.” Nick assured her.
“Oh you will, will you?” She joked.
“Yep...Aw man, I just realised something.” Nick replied.
“What?” Denise asked.
“You haven’t driven here in LA yet. You haven’t driven on American roads.” Nick replied.
“And?” She asked.
“And you start work on Monday. You don’t even know where you are working.” He replied.
“I can catch a cab or something.” Denise suggested.
“I can see who is free Monday morning. We’re flying out Sunday afternoon for stuff in New York Monday morning.” Nick replied.
“Hello? I can catch a cab.” Denise repeated.
“No, no cabs...Don’t worry. I’ll work something out. Next weekend we aren’t working or whatever. We’ll go out on the roads and all. Get you used to it.” Nick said.
“Not downtown Los Angeles.” Denise begged.
“Trust me on this one. It will be alright.” Nick replied.