- Text Size +
Monday morning, Denise was ready for work waiting for Leighanne to pick her up. She was going to take Denise to work on the way to take Baylee shopping for a costume.
“Nick going to take you out on the roads on the weekend.” Leighanne giggled.
“Yeah...why?” Denise asked.
“Oh hun, Nick is fantastic but as for him helping you drive here, he ain’t that good. I’ll get Brian to help ya. “Leighanne replied.
“I don’t want to put anyone out. I feel bad for you doing this today.” Denise said.
“You aren’t putting anyone out. Tomorrow after you finish work, the boys will be home and Brian will pick you up and go from there. No if’s and but’s.” Leighanne insisted.
“Me come too.” Baylee piped up from the back.
“Not this time. Anyway besides you have class when Denise finishes work.” Leighanne replied.
“Another time alright kiddo?” Denise suggested to Baylee turning her around to him.
“Ok.” Baylee replied smiling.

Arriving at AMP 91.1 FM Radio Denise took a deep breath. She was only going to be on air for about half an hour but had to research and do all the preparations, meetings. Denise was given a tour of the building, met some of the staff, and was given a run down on how things were done here. The radio station were aware that around 2pm that Denise had to go to Burbank for her live cross to Australia for the broadcast to be at 9am, 3pm Los Angeles time. 4.30pm was air time.

The first day for both TV and radio broadcasts, Denise was going to have it as an open show, letting people she was around, who she was, etc. Both broadcasters were happy with that. Denise wanted to connect to people.

“G’Day Yankee Land. Denise Anderson here. From now on Monday to Friday at this time I will be hitting the airwaves to give all Aussie people out there a touch to keep them in touch with home a bit more. You will feel like ya back home. Not only news from home but Aussie music and much more.” Denise announced when she went to air. She went on to mention some of the news that was going back home. Sports especially with the cricket on at the moment, the Australian Open. Before she went off air she did confirm that she was dating Nick Carter from Backstreet Boys and saying that everyone was welcome to email, tweet her with suggestions or anything to say anytime.

When Denise walked out the radio station, Leighanne and Baylee were there to greet her.
“Congratulations!” Leighanne cheered.
“Thanks.” Denise replied smiling.
“You were awesome!” Baylee told her as he hugged her.
“Thanks sweetie.” Denise told him.
“Get your first day nerves over with?” Leighanne asked as she drove Denise home.
“I lost count how many times I was going to be sick. My stomach churned so many times. I felt more nervous on US radio than back when I first started in radio back home.” Denise replied.
“Probably because this is the US. More people listen to stuff and all.” Leighanne suggested.
“True, very true.” Denise laughed.

Home, Denise relaxed on her bed before starting to think of cooking dinner for herself. She had been in the United States for one week and was still coming to terms with things to what her life was like just a couple of weeks ago. She decided to cook her favourite meal and it was by chance that all the ingredients were in the kitchen for her.

Sitting at the kitchen table, her laptop in front of her eating dinner she decided to see the radio shows twitter account. A tweet from the guys, and then their personal accounts congratulating her for a excellent debut on the radio show. Brian added a tweet saying that Nick had downloaded it and was listening to it over and over again.

After dinner and she tidied up from cooking, Denise decided to totally finish working on her unpacking and finalise things. There were still some things were unpacked and she decided to do it tonight and feel completely settled in. Putting out the final box to recycle, Aaron drove in the driveway. “Hi.” He said as he got out of the car. Denise for some reason began to feel nervous even though she had no reason to feel nervous. She didn’t need to be nervous.

“Hi. How are you?” Denise asked as they walked inside together.
“Yeah good and you?” Aaron replied.
“Yeah same, getting there.” Denise said, lightly chuckling.
“Adjusting to everything in reverse?” He asked.
“Yeah, just gotta get the hang on driving.” Denise replied.
“Just don’t let Nick take you out on the road. Whatever you do. Angel, Leslie, BJ and I can tell you from personal experience.” He warned her.
“Thanks for the tip. When I finish work tomorrow night, Brian is gonna help me.” Denise replied.
“He’ll be good.” Aaron remarked.
“You had dinner?” Denise asked.
“Yeah I grabbed something earlier on. In this biz, you eat when you can. Anyway, I came here to see you.” Aaron replied.
“Oh.” Denise remarked.

“I just wanted to personally apologise to you for being a dickhead on how I’ve been towards you.” Aaron apologised.
“It’s understandable. You were looking out for your brother.” Denise replied before Aaron cut in.
“It’s not. I have known you for a few years now and I should know. I should know you wouldn’t be wanting to use Nick and the fellas. I know you are honest and you are making your own way in life.” Aaron cut in.
“It’s ok. Really it is.” Denise assured him.
“I just look out for him because he’s been through shit and he’s been there for me and all. For all of us. I just want Nick to be happy.” Aaron continued.
“I know all that. I have no intentions of hurting Nick. I have no intentions in hurting anyone.” Denise replied.
“Just letting you know that Nick didn’t put me up to this or anything. He doesn’t know I am here or whatever.” Aaron wanted to make the point across.
“Did I ask that?” Denise laughed.
“Just checking.” He replied laughing.
“We cool?” Denise asked.
“We’re cool.” Aaron smiled as he came over and hugged her. For the next hour she and Aaron played on the Playstation.
“Now, I can teach you this. Nick don’t know it but I am getting better at him. I’ll give you some tips and you can take the glory. No need to mention me at all.” Aaron told her.