- Text Size +
Eventually arriving in Las Vegas, a man was waiting for them with a sign saying Carter. “This is us.” Nick said as they got their bags from the arrivals gate.
“This is us, this is us.” Denise jokingly sang.
“Mr Carter.” A man asked holding the sign.
“That’s me.” Nick replied.
“If you will just follow me.” The man said, wheeling the trolley of Nick and Denise’s bags on them.
“Nick...what’s going on?” Denise asked worried.
“You’ll see.” Nick replied as they followed behind the man. Soon as they walked out of the terminal doors the man had a door opened waiting for them to get inside the limousine. “Only one way to do Vegas.” He told Denise.

Denise and Nick in the back, Nick was taking his time glancing at the sights, looking at Denise who was turning her head sidewards. “Here.” He said as he pressed a button and the top of the car mirror opened. Denise stood up and put her head out. “Go on, I know you wanna.” Nick laughed.
“VEGAS BABY!” Denise screamed. Nick just laughed, enjoying this.

Arriving at the MGM Grand Hotel, Denise’s faced dropped. “Nick, you didn’t!” She exclaimed.
“When in Vegas you gotta do it right. Ya coming.” Nick asked as he began to walk ahead, wheeling his suitcase in behind him.

When they got to their hotel room, the first thing Denise did was go to the window and open the curtains. “You like?” Nick asked standing behind her.
“I like? Nick I love it. Thank you.” She replied unable to remove the smile from her face.
“This weekend, you and me. Oh and a bit of fun along the way if you want it.” He grinned.
“What you wanna do first?” Denise asked him.
“Well, downstairs at 9 there is a show on. I got us tickets. Think you might like them. I’ve heard about them but haven’t seen them and all.” Nick replied.
Half an hour later they were downstairs at a Human Nature concert. “While not as good as you, they are fantastic. We called them the Aussie Backstreet Boys.” Denise told him as they walked into the venue. After the show, Nick and Denise went on to the clubs and partied the night away until about 3am when they wanted to go back to their hotel room and spend the rest of the night together.

Waking up around 9am Saturday morning Denise laid there on her back looking up at the ceiling. She had been in the United States two weeks but it only felt like yesterday that she had arrived. Life was perfect. She was living with the really only decent human being she had known all of her life and she had people that adored her. Life couldn’t be great. Denise just laid there and smiled content with life.
“What you smiling at?” Nick asked waking up.
“Life.” Denise simply replied.
“Life?” Nick asked as they turned to their sides to face each other.
“Yeah life. I am just so happy. Fantastic job, fantastic life, fantastic friends....” Denise replied sighing.
“What about me?” Nick asked.
“Oh yeah and you as well.” She replied humorously.
“Oh yeah. I better change your mind then.” He laughed as he began to tickle her. Nick knew that she was ticklish and began tickling her most ticklish spots.
“Nick!” She screamed laughing.

Once they were up and dressed, Nick and Denise set out for their day. “Where we going?” She asked him when they left the lobby.
“You trust me?” Nick asked.
“I’m here aren’t I?” Denise laughed, Nick taking her hand. Nick took Denise to all the day time tourist attractions that he thought would interest her and like. He was right. They went to the Guinness World of Records Museum, Hard Rock Hotel, King Tut’s Tomb, Shark Reed at Mandalay Bay, The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat finally finishing at the Sega Gamesworks.

That night for dinner Nick and Denise started with dinner at Sushi Roku at Caesars Palace.
“This is where I always get my Sushi from when we are here. The best in Vegas. You had Sushi?” Nick asked her when they were seated and looking through the menu.
“Nope, this is a first.” Denise replied. Nick looked up from his menu.
“Wait, you have NEVER had sushi before.” Nick remarked shocked.
“Nope.” Denise replied.
“You seriously haven’t been with me enough! I dig the stuff. Ok, so let’s do the selection trial then. A bit of everything minus the wasabi.” Nick said. While they waited for the sushi, Nick tried to get his head around the fact that Denise had never had sushi.
“I was brought up with meat and grew up on the stuff and all. I’ve been tempted to try it but I chicken out.” She laughed.
“Well, this is a new life you have here. Once you try sushi you won’t go back.” Nick stated smiling at her.

After dinner, Denise and Nick walked around Caesars Palace before they went to Madame Tussaud’s and finally the Sirens of TI. To finish the night they went back to the MGM Grand and go to Casino and just walked around. When they came across the poker table, Denise let Nick play a few games of poker while she watched on.

Sunday morning Nick drove Denise to Lake Tahoe. Arriving around lunchtime they had a picnic lunch with the pine trees behind them. “This is so beautiful.” Denise marvelled as she overlooked the crystal clear water.
“Next time when we come here, we’ll go fishing and stuff like that. Fish here are awesome. Diving is pretty good too.” Nick replied.
“But nothing as good as they Keys right?” Denise asked.
“Oooh yeah baby! Nothing is as good as the keys. You will so love it there. Almost like Queensland islands and all.” Nick replied.
“You loved it up there didn’t you?” She commented.
“Yeah I did. I want to check it out next time. Be so awesome to go and actually dive there.” Nick replied.

Denise and Nick left for the airport around 5pm to get the 7pm flight back to Los Angeles. They would be back home by 10pm, at which stage Denise was almost asleep when they got into Howie’s car who was picking them up.