- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Comments please
Misunderstood

Chapter One
�Why in the hell do you keep doing this... to... to us!� Alex said starting to get upset with me. �Why Kevin? Or why Nick? Why them even at all?� He said as he kept walking back and fourth in the room. �Because I�ve known them the longest and I trust them, that�s why!� I said as I sat on the bed and tears started falling. �Baby, what am I suppose to do just sit here and let you yell at me or ignore me when I�m having a shity day and nobody to talk too?� I said grabbing a tissue. �You just have know right to just run to them when..!� �What..? Just say it! When I have you to talk too or when I get lonely?� �That�s not...� �Alex, don�t lie. That is exactly what you were thinking! Seems like every time I start to say something you have to come up with a comeback to just upset me!� I said. I then looked up at him. �Alex I love you. Why can�t you see that? I�m doing my damnedest to keep this relationship on tacked!� I asked then said. �How can I! You don�t act like you do!� He yelled as he turned around. �I don�t?! What do you think you�re doing to me? I�ve done my best to make you happy. I make you your favorite dinners, put on my sexist outfit and made passes! You just don�t acknowledge that I�m even here! In the past three months you�re never here for me, you�re always out somewhere, and... Where the hell are you going?� �I can�t stay here with you right now. If I stay here much longer I�ll... I�ll do something that I�ll regret.� He said as he headed out of the bedroom and to the front door. As he was reaching for the doorknob I said something. �Can I just say one thing before you just take off?� I asked following him out. �No, not right now!� He said. I couldn�t keep this from him much longer, so I just told him. �Baby, I�m four months pregnant.� I finally said after three months of wanting to tell him. He stopped on the sidewalk for a second then just took off. �Damn it!� He whispered as he was getting into his jeep and taking off.

I just sat on the porch steps thinking what to do next. I had been sitting there a good two hours when the phone rang. I got up and dried my eyes the best I could before answering. �Hello.� I said in a raspy voice. �Hey Ally.� �Hi Nick.� Sweetie what�s the matter?� Nick asked in a worried tone. �Alex left again.� �Hold on I�ll be there in five.� He said hanging up the phone. I sat the phone back down on the hook and went back to the front porch to sit and wait. Nick was pulling into the drive when he saw me sitting down. He parked his car and came and sat next to me. �What is going on?� Nick asked placing his arm around me and wiping away a tear with his thumb. �Alex is not happy that I turn to you or Kevin when I need someone to talk too. He�s never here for me when I need him the most. You know that.� I said trying my best not to cry. �I know. Did you finally tell him about being pregnant?� �I did. I had to blurt it out as he was leaving.� �And he still left you?� �Nick... I don�t know if he�s even coming back this time. I think after I said it, he�s going to start believing that I slept with you.� I said as more tears fell. �But we know that never happened.� He said placing a tighter hold around me. I placed mine around his waist and put my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes taking in his scent before I spoke. �Nick how long have I known you?� �I don�t know, quite a long time I guess.� �I�ve known you sense you were five. We were always friends even with our age difference.� I said. �I remember. What I remember the most is when you moved to Florida with us because you lost your parents in that plane crash. And my parents took you in.� He said. I remember. I think my fondest memory is when I got that job at Disney.� �That�s when you met Kevin isn�t it?� �He was playing Aladdin when we met.� I said with a smile. �Speaking of, have you called Kevin yet?� �No, I�ve been too upset to call anyone.� I said as I broke down again. �Why is Alex doing this to me? Doesn�t he still...?� I paused. �When was the last time he told you that he loved you?� I sat there a moment to think. �I don�t know? It had to have been before I got pregnant.� I said pulling back from him. �He must love you if he�s been willing to stay with you this long.� He said looking at me. �I just don�t want to loose him Nick. We�ve been together now for almost six-years and I�m afraid of losing him.� �I know you don�t.� He said.

Few minutes later, Alex�s jeep pulled up in the driveway. He got out and headed over to where we were sitting. �Ally.� He said strolling over. I looked up at him still crying. �Yeah.� I said wiping my face. �I�ll leave you two, to talk.� Nick said. �No, Nick you need to hear this.� Alex said then looked back at me. �Baby, I want to apologize to you for everything I�ve done wrong to you. I don�t have the right to tell you whom you can and can�t talk too. You, Nick and Kevin have been friends longer than we have and I don�t want to brake the bond that you three have.� He said as I looked over at Nick. �I also want to apologize for never being there for you when you needed me. I�m the asshole for treating you like shit.� He said as he placed his hands in his pockets and looked at the ground. �Baby you�re not an asshole, just misunderstood that�s all.� I said getting up and placing my hand on his cheek. He placed his hand on mine then continued. �I also want to say that I do love you. I will always love you. I may not say it enough but the love I have for you is unconditional. But I need to know just one thing.� He looked over at Nick then back at me. �Have you...? Did you...?� �Did I sleep with Nick during the last few months or ever in our relationship? No, Nick and I have never slept together sexually. But we have slept together in the same bed. But that was when we were still kids.� I said. �Have you ever thought about...� �It�s has never crossed my mind in the least. Nick is like my little brother. We grew up together. You are the only man I think about.� �What about Kevin? You used to date him.� �Yes that�s true. But Kevin is happily married now and I�ve excepted that. But Kevin and I will always be close.� I said. �So the child that you�re carrying is mine?� �Yes. We�re having a baby.� I said placing my hands on my stomach. Alex fell to his knees and placed his arms around me and placed his head on my stomach and started to cry. �I love you so much!� He whispered. �I love you too.� I said placing my hands on his head. Nick got back up and was heading to his car when Alex blurted out something. �Nick can you call the guys and have them meet us at LOGINS for dinner?� �Sure. What time?� �Tell them... Tell them seven-thirty.� �Will do.� He said getting into his car.

At around six o�clock I was standing in the bedroom waiting for Alex to finish getting dressed. I was wearing a dark blue dress that was knee high with spaghetti straps and black flats. I�m just surprised that it still fit with the belly that was forming. I also had my hair down the way Alex likes it and a little make-up on. When he walked out he was stunned to see me in what I was wearing. �Wow, baby you look amazing.� He said placing his hands on my waist and pulling me close to him. �You look amazing yourself.� I said smiling at him. He was wearing blue jean, and a dark blue, long sleeve polo shirt and combat boot. When we got to the front door Alex kept looking at me and smiling. I smiled back at him. At the restaurant everyone was there. Kevin and Kristin, Brian, Leighanne and Baylee, Howie and his girlfriend, and Nick and his date. They all looked amazing all dressed up. �I think I under dressed.� Alex whispered to me. �I think you�re just fine in what you have on.� I whispered back. When we got to the table Alex pulled the chair out for me so I was sitting next Kevin on one side and Alex on the other. We all talked for awhile before we ordered dinner.

After dinner while everyone was talking, I was having a conversation with Kevin when I felt Alex�s hand start rubbing the back of my neck. I glanced over at Alex and he seemed distinct from the rest of the guys lately and I was worried. �Will you marry me?� Alex said out of know where. �What was that?� Kevin asked looking over at him. �Allison, will you marry me?� He said turning his head then grabbed my hand. I turned around to look back at him in shock. �Alex I don�t know what to say.� Everyone at the table fell silent. Until Baylee yelled out. �Daddy I need to pee!� Brian grabbed him and left for the bathroom. Then Alex continued. �Then say you will.� I looked deep into his eyes before responding to his question. �No.� Was all I could say as he looked at me. �What?� �I�m sorry. I just don�t think you�re ready to make that commitment.� I said feeling bad. �Baby, I wouldn�t be asking if I weren�t ready to commit to you. We�ve been together for almost six years. You�re carrying my child and I love you.� �That�s just it. We�ve been together six years, but it�s not been a physical six years when I barely ever see you or you don�t trust the people I talk too. I also know that I am carrying you child and I�m happy to be having your baby but...� �Are you breaking up with me?� �Alex no. I love you, but I just don�t think you�re truly ready to settle down to just one woman." I said as I held his hand in mine. As I was looking at him I could see the tension rising in him and I felt that he just wanted to leave.

I couldn�t just have him storm out on me just because I told him no. I wanted him to understand why I say it. It wasn�t that I didn�t love him, I do. I can�t live my life without him. �Alex?� �Explain to me why... why you can�t or won�t marry me!� �It�s not that I can�t or won�t marry you, it�s just that I want to make sure you are fully prepared to settle.� I said as his grip on my hand got tighter. �Baby, I do want to marry you, because I love you so much. I can�t imagine my life with out you in it.� I said as his grip started to loosen. �How will I know when I�m ready?� Alex asked. �It won�t be easy to do, but you�ll know. You just have to want it to get it.� I said giving him a small smile. �Will you be here to help me?� �Of course. Baby I�m always here for you. You just have to be here for me and...� �Our baby.� He whispered. �Yeah, the baby too.� I said placing my hand on his face. �Did I just hear that Allison is having a baby?� Brian said sitting back down at the table. �Yes you did you dork.� Leighanne said slugging her husband. �Hey, I didn�t know.� Brian said. �Where have you been?� Nick said to him. �Ahh, the bathroom.� Brian said flashing a cheesy grin. I was still concerned about Alex when he stood up. �I�ve got to leave.� Alex said. �Would you like me to come with you?� I asked. �Thanks, but I need some time to myself to think for awhile.� �Are you sure?� �Yeah. I�ll just see you back at the house.� He said leaning in for a kiss before heading for the exit. �Alex wait.� I said following him to the door. He turned around. �Are you mad at me for what I said back there?� �No. I was, but I understand now what you are getting at and I agree. I want this to work between us so I�m going to do what ever it takes to make us a better couple.� He said as I sighed. �I love you.� I whispered as I pulled him into a hug. �Baby, I love you too. Now let me go so I can get some thinking done.� He said kissing my cheek. �Okay, I�ll see you later then.� I said as I watched him leave the building. Then I headed back to the group.