- Text Size +
"So what do you think?" Gabby came out of the dressing room; modeling one of the ensembles she'd chosen to lure AJ in.
"Huh?" Terri looked up.
"Where are you man?"Resa smacked her friend's arm. Terri had not been herself lately. None of them had been in their right mind lately. Not since Terri had come up with this grand scheme to teach AJ a lesson. More and more she was on Howie's side with this one. Granted, AJ had wronged her but it would make her just as bad if she really went through with it now wouldn't it?
"I'm sorry. It looks fantastic. Really. You're gonna knock him out the next time he sees you."Terri put on her best pokerface for Gabby but even Gabby could see through the facade.
"Speaking of which, when will I be seeing him again? He did ask me to dinner you know,"Gabby
said; practically begging Terri for the opportunity.
"Well we have given him a week to want you more. I guess we can find a way to see him."
"You are the best Ter!" She lit up like a Christmas tree.
"I guess so."
"You are! But I've meaning to talk to you guys about something."She looked toward Resa as well. "I hadn't quite made it to bed the other night and I overheard Howie and Brian talking on the patio while I was on my balcony."
"And?"
"Do you really think this is such a good idea after all? I kinda like AJ. I don't know what it is but I know I wouldn't want to hurt another human being just because it sounded like fun."
"So basically I'm the only that wants to do this now?"She looked at both her friends. She knew it was wrong but dammit! AJ broke her heart. She didn't care what the hell happened to him.. She just wanted him to pay for it. And yes, you heard her right. He broke her heart.
"I still want to get to know him but if it turns into anything, I think he should at least know what's going on. Don't you?"
"I guess."
"Come on Terri. You know this is just a lot of hurt and anger pushing this psychotic plan of yours into action. He may have used us but that doesn't mean he's gonna do the same to her,"Resa joined in.
"I don't get it. Everybody was all systems go two weeks ago and now it's like I'm all alone here."
"Because you know deep down that you shouldn't want to do this."
"Fine. We'll go with Gabby's plan."
"What is wrong with you girlie?"
"Nothing. Bri and I just had a litte tiff this morning over the phone. I'm sure we'll have it resolved by this evening,"Terri lied but she knew Resa wouldn't push it at that time.
"Aww. The lovebirds had a fight did they?"
She cringed at his voice."That's none of your business but I wanna know how you found us."
"I'm very persistent. Or have you forgotten that?"He whispered in her ear before smiling toward Gabby.
"You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. Perhaps you could wear it when I take you out to dinner tonight?" Not a statement but an actual question.
She looked toward Terri questioningly.
"You need Terri's permission?"
"Well I am her guest. I just want to make sure she didn't have anything planned for us."
"Ter?" He turned to look back at her.
"We were just gonna have a girl's night in and watch movies but I think I can watch movies by myself."
"So?"He directed his inquiry back toward Gabby.
"Pick me up at eight."
"I'll be counting the hours."
Gabby giggled nervously when he took her hand and pressed his lips to the back of it. She didn't even know him but it made her feel all fluttery in her stomach. Hot guy paying attention to me! Yay!
"Until then." He let go and left them alone. No girl had ever made him feel so.. well, he didn't know what it was but he knew he wanted to feel more of it.
Certainly Terri couldn't be jealous of her friend could she? She had Brian. He loved her madly. Would do anything for her. That wasn't the thing that was bugging her. It was the fact that Gabby was getting all of AJ's attention and it bothered her. That's what killed her. Even though his attention was sick and twisted at times, it was still attention no matter how you spun it. In her own demented way, she missed it. Brian was good to her but he still lacked that certain 'freak' factor that AJ had. That's what she missed but she couldn't let the rest of them know. They could never know why she wasn't letting go.