- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm going to wait for reviews to see what people think and what their ideas were while they were reading the story to see where I should take it. PLEASE REVIEW!!! THANKS!!!
It was a hot summer day in Lexington, Kentucky. As being stuck in traffic was not one of Char’s favorite times of the day, her road rage was beginning to show.

“Move your damn cars!” she yelled to no one in particular. She continued to say to herself, “I am going to be late for class again! My teacher is going to throw a fit!” While Char was busy talking to herself she wasn’t paying any attention to her rear view mirror…

CRASH!!!!

Char’s body jerked forward into the steering wheel of her Mitsubishi Eclipse. It quickly registered in her brain what had just happened. She snapped her seatbelt undone and jumped out of her car. She immediately opened her mouth and began yelling.

“What the hell is your problem?! Could you not see all the traffic stopped ahead of you or did my car just seem like the perfect target?!” she yelled. She was pacing around the back side of her car, assessing the damage.

“I’m really, really sorry….” said a male voice.

Char looked up ready to spout off a round of profanity at this stranger and was confronted with a pair of bright blue eyes. They stopped her cold. No words would come to her mouth. She put a hand to the back of her neck. She felt dizzy.

“Oh no, did I hurt you?” asked the male voice, “I am so sorry. What can I do?” Seeing that she was feeling dizzy, the stranger led her to the curb and sat her down.

“Thanks” she said to him.

“I’ll call the cops” he told her.

She listened while he called the police to report the accident. “They’re on their way” he told her.

They were relatively quiet as they sat waiting for the police to arrive, except for the stranger making a call to someone to say he would be late, he was sorry, and that he would explain later. Char stole a glance at the stranger that hit her car while he was standing up making the call. He was fairly tall; at least over six feet. He had blond hair that occasionally fell into his bright, blue eyes. “Holy crap, he’s gorgeous!” Char said to herself. Quickly brought back to reality by the throbbing in her neck and head, Char pushed the thought aside. She looked up when she heard a car door shut. She noticed that his car was a Mercedes. The stranger was walking towards her and proceeded to sit down next to her.

“I figured I would go ahead and get all my insurance information ready” he told her, “ I take full responsibility for this accident.”

Char looked over at him and gave him a slight grin. “I’ll have to say that I agree with you on that.”

“My name is Nick”, he said, “Nick Carter.”

She gave a little laugh at this comment.

He laughed too. “I suppose that did sound very James Bond, didn’t it? Let’s try again. My name is Nick Carter.” He offered a hand to her.

She took his hand and shook it. “Hi. I’m Charlene Olson. Just call me Char.”

He began to speak to her again but was interrupted by the police car arriving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char watched the policeman walk back to his patrol car after giving Nick Carter a $200 ticket for reckless driving.

Nick turned to Char and spoke, “I want to tell you again how sorry I am for crashing into you.”

“Don’t worry about it”, Char told him, “The car can always be fixed.”

“But are you going to be okay?”, he asked.

“I’ll be fine”, Char told him.

“Promise that you’ll call me if you are in any pain at all? They say that it hurts worse the next day.”

“Okay”, Char said, “I’ll call you if I’m in any pain.”

With this, Char and Nick exchanged phone numbers and addresses for insurance purposes and to get a hold of each other if anything else came up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nick pulled into the driveway of his friend, Brian. He parked behind a few other cars, that he recognized to be those of the rest of his friends; Kevin, AJ, and Howie.

Nick walked up the path and through the front door. He turned into the living room to find Brian standing by the window.

“I was wondering when you were going to show up”, Brian said to Nick, “You called me two hours ago. I just looked out the window to see you pull up. What the hell did you do to your car?”