- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another chapter for ya! Again, please review! It really helps to decide which creative route to take! :o)
Chapter 2

Char awoke to the clock reading 3:00 am. She quickly realized what was waking her up.
The throbbing in her neck was getting worse by the minute.

Not being one to go see a doctor unless she was on her deathbed, Char headed to the bathroom to find some pain reliever. She swallowed it down and returned to bed for some more rest.

One hour later…..she was still awake.

“Great….now I can’t go back to sleep. Video games it is!” Char spent a couple of hours playing games until she was finally able to go back to sleep.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nick laid in bed trying to remember why he was lying in a bed in one of Brian’s guest rooms. He soon remembered that him and the guys had been there much later than planned and had just crashed at Brian’s place for the night.

He slowly climbed out of bed and threw on some sweats and a t shirt. Making his way to the kitchen, he headed right past the rest of the guys sitting at the table, and went right for the coffee machine.

“Well, well, well…”, he heard AJ’s voice behind him, “the king of crashes has arrived.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Shut up man. I was dreaming about that damn crash all night.”

“Reliving the moment, eh?”, Brian joked.

Nick flipped him off and grinned. “No. I can’t believe I didn’t hit my brakes in time. The girl looked a little rough when we were waiting for the cops. I was afraid she was gonna pass out!”

“Didn’t she get checked out by a doctor?”, Howie asked him.

“I don’t think so”, Nick replied, “She was pretty adamant in saying that she was fine.”

“Well, I’m sure she’s ok then”, AJ assured him.

“Yeah”, Nick said, “I’m sure you’re right.”

The guys carried on with their morning and finished their coffee with breakfast.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nick stood in the driveway as AJ, Howie, and Kevin drove away in their cars. He was staying behind to challenge Brian to a game of early morning basketball.

Brian laughed at Nick as they ran up and down the driveway, “Dude, what the hell is your problem today? You haven’t sunk one shot this whole time!”

Nick stopped to catch his breath, “Sorry man, I’ve just had that damn accident on my mind. I can’t help feeling that I should have insisted that the girl see a doctor or something. If anything, just to satisfy me in knowing that I didn’t hurt her along with smashing in the back of her gorgeous car!”

Brian stopped to take a breather as well, and flopped down in the cool grass. “It’s too bad you can’t give her all call to check on her or something.”

“Yeah”, Nick replied, “that would be nice. I told her that they say it usually hurts the most the next day.”

“Hey!” Brian exclaimed, “Didn’t you get her number and stuff for insurance purposes? Why don’t you call and check on her?”

“Isn’t the contact number specifically for those insurance things?”

“I don’t think it would hurt to call and check if she is ok”, Brian told him, “At least do it for your own piece of mind.”

“Good idea”, Nick said, “I’ll definitely give it a shot.”


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Char rolled out of bed when she heard the phone ring. “Hello?”

“Hi….um..is this Char?”, she heard a male voice say on the other end of the line.

“Yep. This is she. Can I ask who’s calling?”

“It’s Nick. Nick Carter.”
“Oh yeah….the James Bond that hit me yesterday!” , she laughed a little.

“I just did the Bond thing again didn’t I?”, he laughed in return, “I really need to start thinking about what I say before I say it.”

They both laughed before Char continued the conversation, “So Mr. Carter, what do I owe the pleasure of your call?”

“I was curious as to how you were feeling today?”, he replied, “I was worried that I hurt you more than you were letting on yesterday.”

“I was feeling fine yesterday. Just a little dizzy.”

“Was I right about the ‘hurting worse the next day’ thing?”

“Oh yeah. My neck woke me up at 3 this morning”, she told him.

Nick sighed, “I am so sorry. I knew I should have insisted you see a doctor.”

“There is no way you would have convinced me to see a doctor. I don’t do hospitals.”

“Are you sure you don’t need to see one?”, he asked.

“Positive.”

“Ok then. If you’re sure. I’ll stop bugging you.”

“Thanks for calling to check on me Mr. Carter. It was very sweet of you.”

“Please, call me Nick.”

“Alright Nick…Nick Carter,” she laughed.

He laughed with her. “I’ll let you go then. I hope you feel better and get your car fixed soon.”

“Oh, that reminds me”, Char said, “let me know if you have any problems with my insurance and your insurance. I’ve heard my insurance company has been screwing some people over lately. Hopefully they don’t give us any trouble.”

“Thanks for the heads up”, he said.