- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter!
Chapter 30

“So, where are you taking me then?” I asked curiously as AJ drove my car down the street.


“Well, I thought we could go and see a movie. That’s a usual first date kind of thing to do isn’t it?” he turned his head slightly towards me and smiled. Have I mentioned that I love his smile? He looks so adorable when he smiles.

“OK, sounds good” I replied and pictured us sitting in a darkened cinema, his arm around me and my head against his chest. It sounded perfect, although not what I would have expected him to suggest.

“Great, then movie it is” he said and focused his attention back to the road “by the way, this is a nice car”

“Thanks. What car do you drive?” I asked, realising that I’d only ever seen him ride a motorbike.

“Oh, I have a couple…I’ve got a Mercedes SLK and a Range Rover” he answered and smiled proudly. I had no idea what a Mercedes SLK looked like, but imagined that it was probably fancier than my Volvo.

“Well, maybe you’ll take me for a ride in them sometime” I said flirtily

“Most definitely” he grinned

“I look forward to that” I said and realised that I didn’t even know where he lived, or what kind of house he had either. All I knew was that he lived in Santa Monica. Did he live in some big fancy show home of a house; a place that just looked good but not lived in, like Jason Orange’s place? Or was AJ’s house more like himself, an eclectic mixture of styles? I looked forward to finding out, whenever he was ready to show me.

We arrived at the cinema, which wasn’t one of those massive multi-screen places that I was expecting, but a small place which only had a choice of two films.

“Quieter here” he explained “you have no idea how it can be sometimes, y’know, trying to just be myself and not AJ the Backstreet Boy”

“I imagine it must be hard sometimes, I’ve seen a few videos on You Tube which I thought were a little too intrusive” I confirmed “but obviously, I have no idea how that must make you feel”

“I know they’re just doing a job, but it fucks me off sometimes. But I guess I can’t complain, this is the profession I’ve chosen and I have to take the good with the bad” he said and took my hand “come on, let’s see what’s showing”

As the cinema only had two films showing, we didn’t have much choice, it was either ‘Zombies vs Vampires: Battle of the Undead’ or ‘Love Is’. I knew which one I preferred the sound of!

“I’m guessing you want to see the chick flick?” he asked, knowing full well what the answer was going to be.

“You guessed right” I answered “do you mind?”

“No, not at all” he replied

Unfortunately the film had already begun and we’d have to either wait a couple of hours for the next showing, or watch the zombie film. The zombie film won.

“I’m warning you, I’m a wimp when it comes to scary movies” I told him

“Well then, it’s a good thing I’m here to protect you from all the scary monsters” he wrapped his arm around me.

AJ insisted on paying for the tickets, so I bought the popcorn and drinks, then we went inside the darkened theatre to find our seats, which happened to be towards the back. In the darkened room, there was no chance of AJ being recognised, which was good for both of us.

“One day Steph, someone is going to get a picture of us together and start asking questions. Are you sure you can handle it? The fans and the paparazzi can be a bit…hmm…unkind” he explained

“Can you handle it?” I questioned and wondered whether he was embarrassed to be seen with me. I obviously wasn’t the usual kind of date he took out, and vice versa, we’d learned that much about each other. I knew he usually dated dark haired exotic looking girls. And he knew that I usually went for the pretty boy kind of guy, tall, blonde haired and blue eyed. We were both the opposite of what we usually looked for in a person.

“Hey, I didn’t mean it like that” he reassured me “it’s just that being with someone like me is going to have its disadvantages”

I silenced his negativity with a kiss, and then another more passionate kiss until the film was about to start and we realised that there were other people in the room besides us. I could’ve quite happily got carried away with him though.

Right from the very start of the film, it was a gore fest. I spent the first half hour of the film with my head buried against AJ’s chest whilst he munched away on the popcorn and cheered along with the other people in the cinema after a particularly gruesome slaying had occurred.

“OK, you can look now” he whispered and then laughed when I looked up to see a zombie getting beheaded, and gore flying around, splattering everything in the vicinity.

“Arsehole” I elbowed him in the ribs, and then snuggled back against him.

“Oh come on Steph, it’s not that scary, in fact it’s pretty fucking funny” he chuckled

“Yeah, maybe for you, but I’ll have nightmares tonight” I pretended to pout

“Well, I’ll have to make sure we do something to change that” he promised and held me closer to him.

I did start to get into the film about halfway through and even found some of it laughable, although the gruesome parts had me covering my eyes. The vampires defeated the zombies in a huge battle at the end and I was relieved when the lights came up at the end of the film.

“Now that was a fucking awesome film” AJ said

“More like awful” I told him

“Oh come on” he protested “that battle scene at the end was just epic”

“Whatever you say” I muttered. I wasn’t about to argue over a film.

“Let’s get out of here” he said and wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we exited the cinema.

So far, as first dates go, it was quite typical. We’d seen a movie and although I wouldn’t usually have been sitting in the theatre kissing a guy on the first date, with AJ it was different, plus he was kind of hard to resist!

I had visions of us going to some nice romantic restaurant and eating delicious food, whilst soft music played in the background and candles lit our table. But then I realised that I was hardly dressed for the occasion.

“But look at me! I’m not dressed for going to a restaurant” I told him

“Well…how about we grab a takeaway instead?” he suggested “do you like Chinese food?”

“Mmm, sounds perfect” I replied

“OK then, am I still driving?” he asked waving the keys in the air

“Yeah, if you want to, I really wouldn’t have a clue how to even get home from here” I replied

“Well, jump in then” he said as he pressed the key to unlock the doors.

A little while later, we were back on the road after purchasing our food. The sun had set a couple of hours ago, but it was a lovely warm night with clear skies above and a full moon and hundreds of twinkling stars lighting up the sky.

“Hey, this isn’t the way back!” I suddenly noticed, looking out of the window at the unfamiliar landscape

“Who said anything about going home?” he smiled

We drove for a couple more miles, long a pitch black winding road lined with trees, and I wondered where the hell he was taking me. Surely we weren’t going to his house as he’d left his motorbike at my place, plus I felt sure that this wasn’t the way to Santa Monica.

“AJ, where are we going?” I asked curiously

“You’ll see in a minute, trust me, it’ll be worth it” he said and focused on the bends in the road, masterfully controlling the car. He looked so damn sexy as he concentrated on the road ahead.

The car came to a stop in a small, rough roaded parking area. If he wanted to get me alone in the dark, he didn’t have to go to so much trouble!

“Come on, it’s a nice night, let’s eat outside” he said and grabbed the take out bag.

“Where are we?” I asked as I opened the door and climbed out of the car.

“I told you, trust me…you’ll see” he smiled and walked around to my side and took hold of my hand.

We walked a short distance along a well worn path, lit by discrete little marker lights all along the way, until we came to a stop. Now I could see where we were, we were high above the city, with a view for miles and miles. It looked beautiful spread out below us.

There were a couple of picnics tables dotted around, so we sat down and got the food out. It was a good thing that chopsticks were included!

“Mmm this is so good” I mumbled through a mouth full of chicken chow mein

We polished off the food and cans of coke, and then dumped the empty cartons in a nearby bin.

“Come on; let’s take a walk” he said and wrapped his arm around me “unless you want to go back”

“No, a walk sounds good” I replied

We walked along the beaten path, but then veered off it slightly and found ourselves on a grassy slope. AJ flopped down and pulled me down with him, so that I landed on top of him, our faces mere inches apart. For a moment we just looked into each others eyes, and then he rolled us so that we were laying side by side, his arms holding me tight.

“It sure is lovely here” I said breaking the silence

“Uh huh” he replied and then stopped me from say anything more by silencing me with a kiss, his lips caressing mine in a most spine tingling way. The kiss was slow and sensual but I wanted more, so much more.

I pressed myself against him, causing him to lie back against the grass bank, then I moved myself on top of him, our lips remaining connected the whole time. I could feel his arousal through the material of his jeans as our kissing became more heated and frenzied as we rolled over again.

There was nothing I wanted more than to feel his hot naked body against mine, but AJ had other ideas.

“Come on, we better head back before we get too carried away” he said huskily

“OK” I affirmed although really, I would’ve preferred to get carried away high up here above the city, under the stars.

He stood up and pulled me to my feet, keeping hold of my hand as we walked back to my car.

During the drive home, I told him all about my new job and listened as he talked about his excitement for the new CD his was working on with the Backstreet Boys, they were hoping it would catapult them back to the top of the charts and give them the same amount of success as their earlier CDs had given them. I was sure that with such a positive attitude, he could achieve anything.

We pulled up outside my house and got out of the car, AJ locked the doors and then handed me the keys.

“I’ve had a really good time today Steph” he told me and then kissed me softly.

“Me too” I admitted and wrapped my arms around his waist. We stood outside on the front steps of my house kissing fervently, but I craved more.

“Well…I guess I’d better get going then” he said breathlessly as he slowly pulled away.

“You don’t have to go” I pleaded

“Yes, I do” he sighed “Steph, you have no idea how much I want to carry you through to your bedroom and fuck you senseless, but I’m trying to prove to you that I’m serious, that I’m not just in it for sex”

“But…” I began

“I’ll call you tomorrow OK, sweet dreams” he kissed the top of my head and then turned to walk away, leaving me standing there kind of speechless.

“Goodnight” I said to his retreating figure and watched as he climbed on his bike and rode off into the night.

Arghh, that man is so fucking infuriating and never does what I expect him to do!
Chapter End Notes:
As you can tell, I haven't a clue about locations, so therefore have made it all up!  And what about that eh...AJ turning down sex! lol