- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next bit, hope you like!
Chapter 38

“Guess what baby? I think you’re going to be crossing another item of that list pretty soon” AJ announced, looking pleased with himself as he leaned against the kitchen worktop.

“Really?” I asked, hoping this meant he was going to whisk me away for a few days of sun, sea, sand and…oh yes plenty of sex!

“Yep! You know it’s Howie’s birthday in a couple of days and guess what? He suggested a day at the racetrack. I know, I know, it’s cheating a little bit isn’t it, it’s not like you’ll actually be driving like crazy on a public road, but think of it Steph, you’ll actually be able to drive a racing car at racing car speeds” he said sounding more than a little pleased with himself for remembering an item on my list “so, what do you say?”

“Yeah, sounds great” I answered trying to hide the disappointment I felt. It wasn’t that I was being ungrateful or anything; I’d just imagined something a little more…sexy!

“Cool” he said “I’ll let him know tomorrow, it’s gonna be fucking awesome”

Two weeks had passed since Izzy had gone back home, we’d had such a fun packed few days that my house felt deserted and lonely when she’d gone. There were advantages to having the place back to myself though, advantages which included having AJ whenever and wherever I wanted him, which right now was the kitchen.

“How do you want me to cut this up?” he asked standing there with his shirt sleeves rolled up, a knife in one hand and an onion in the other.

“Could you dice it?” I replied

“Sure” he said and got to work on it. I liked to see a man at work in the kitchen; it was kind of a turn on.

“Fuck me, my eyes are stinging like fucking crazy here” he wiped at his eyes with the back of his hand.

“Aw poor baby” I teased and took the chopping board off him and scraped it into the pan with the meat balls.

AJ reached up into the cupboard for the salt, his shirt rising up to reveal a sliver of toned stomach in the process, sending a shot of desire through me.

“Thanks” I said as I took the salt from him, our fingers brushing, sending another electrical charge through me.

We soon forgot all about the spaghetti and meat balls. His hands were on my hips, his lips against the spot behind my ear which drove me wild. I leaned back against him, feeling his warm firm body press into mine, his hips rocking gently. I turned my head, twisting to see his face as his lips moved over my neck and travelled along my jaw. I whipped around quickly to face him, throwing my arms around his neck, sending something unknown flying off the kitchen worktop. I didn’t care. The only thing I hungered for was Alex.

“Oh god” I murmured as one of his hands threaded through my hair and the other clasped my bum. He parted my legs with his thigh and pressed me up against the fridge, his mouth hungrily kissing my neck, my lips, my collarbone and the swell of my breasts.

I fumbled with the buttons on his shirt, but he reached behind and pulled his shirt off over his head and threw it across the floor, then unbuckled his belt and undid his jeans. I took my top off and sent it to the floor to join AJ’s shirt but before I had a chance to unfasten my bra, he pulled the straps down and began kissing and sucking my exposed flesh.

“You taste so fucking good” he rasped and circled my nipple with his tongue.

I ran my hand down his chest, his stomach and then came into contact with the straining bulge in his boxers. I soon freed him of them and his jeans, he tripped as he stepped out of them, falling to the floor and pulling me down on top of him.

“Shit, are you OK?” I asked, hoping he hadn’t banged his head or anything like that.

“Oh I’d say I’m OK” he breathed as he ran his hands down my back and played with the edge of my underwear “but these are stopping me where I wanna be”

There was no time for things like getting up and removing my underwear, instead he just moved my knickers out of the way and thrust into me as I ground down against him. It was rough, fast and fucking amazing, both of us coming simultaneously then rolling apart whilst we got our breath back.

“Fuck Steph, have I told you today how much I fucking love you” he said breathlessly

“No, but I think you just showed me” I giggled “love you too”

We couldn’t salvage the food which had burnt to the pan, so decided it was a better idea to call for a takeaway.

*~*

“What do I need to take?” I asked when AJ arrived to pick me up for our day at the racetrack. I had never been anywhere like it before and wondered whether the jeans, t-shirt and trainers I was wearing were suitable.

“Just bring yourself” he smiled “we’ll be getting kitted out once we get there”

“What kind of racetrack is it? Is it like rally cars or something?” I asked

“Or something” he replied and leaned down to kiss me “come on, we’ll miss our flight”

“We’re flying?” I asked, unsure that I’d heard him correctly

“Yeah, the place we’re going is about 400 miles away, over at Sonoma, would take too fucking long to drive there” he laughed as he shook his head.

“Isn’t there anywhere closer?” I asked wondering why we had to go 400 miles for a bit of racing.

“You’re in California now Steph, it’s a big place. Sure there might be somewhere nearer, but this is the place we’re going” he told me and wrapped his arm around me as he led me to his car “come on, it’s gonna be awesome”

I couldn’t believe we were going to travel 400 miles just to go and do some racing. It seemed insane to me! But I supposed AJ was right, this wasn’t England, this was a fucking huge country compared to my home land. I could probably drive all day here and still be in the same state, whereas back home, if I drove all day I could get from one end of the country to the other.

The flight was short and unremarkable; it seemed as if no sooner than we were up in the air, we were on the descent.

“Have you ever been racing before?” asked Brian’s wife Anna-Marie, who looked like a real beauty queen and not someone who would willingly do something as boyish as a day at the racetrack. But looks could be deceptive. I’d met Anna-Marie on a couple of occasions and knew that there was more to her than looks. She wasn’t one of those shallow self-centred stuck up bitches I’d come across all too often whilst living in Los Angeles, she was a genuinely lovely person.

“No I haven’t” I replied truthfully. The closest I’d got to racing was riding a motorised go-kart at a funfair when I was a teenager.

“It’s going to be so much fun, but be prepared, the guys can get a little competitive” she warned

“A little?” called Nick

“You wait till you see Brian all suited up…no more Mr Nice Guy” AJ agreed with Nick

“Nothing wrong with a bit of competition” Brian stated

“Nothing at all” agreed Howie “although it is my birthday don’t forget, so it would be nice to win for a change”

“Forget it” the other three guys called out and laughed

This was going to be an interesting day!

Situated about half an hour out of San Francisco (a place I was desperate to visit) was the race track. The guys had obviously been here before, hence the decision to come all the way here today.

We were talked through the rules and safety precautions for a little while before being given black all-in-one type things to wear, the kind of garment you’d see a car mechanic wearing at the garage. I had to admit, I could picture AJ all oil dirty with the overalls stripped to the waist, it was a pleasant vision but one I had to snap out of.

“You OK?” AJ whispered “you looked kinda spaced out there”

“Yeah, I’m fine” I smiled, keeping my little vision to myself.

“Come on then, let’s get this gear on and hit the track” he said

I was right; he did look good even in mechanic style overalls.

We were given a brief lesson before being let loose alone in the cars. I felt like Michael Schumacher behind the wheel, although in all honesty, I was probably doing nowhere near the speeds that the legendary Formula One racing driver drove at.

“Very good” the instructor told me as we pulled up to a stop for the next person to complete their test run. He was probably just relieved to have made it back in one piece after the crazy test lap Nick performed before me. I could see the need for the ambulance on standby now, and hoped it wouldn’t be required today. I wondered just how much this place cost to hire, probably an extortionate amount.

Once we were all ready to begin, we were shown to our cars and told to drive them to the start line of the two and a half mile, 12 turn track.

“Good luck” I called to AJ

“You too babe, see you at the finish” he replied

We were going to be doing ten laps around the track and had an agreement that the winner would pay for dinner and drinks later.

“Looks like dinner will be on you again” Brian called out to Howie

“Not a chance” Howie replied and climbed into his car

I put my helmet on, got into my car and strapped myself in. It wasn’t an ordinary seat belt like you’d find in a car, but a kind of harness. I felt secure.

Here goes!

We drove slowly up to the start line, engines revving and raring to go. We’d been told that when the flag went down, it was time to burn rubber, so I had my eye on the man with the flag. He waved it in the air for a few moments and then lowered it to the sound of tyres squealing.

I was a bit slow off the start line, but I wasn’t worried, I’d leave the competition to the boys. But as I got more comfortable behind the wheel, I put my foot down and increased my speed, before long I was on Anna-Marie’s tail.

Fucking awesome!

I overtook her once we’d passed a bend and pressed my foot down hard. The speed was exhilarating; I had to be doing 100 mph at least but didn’t dare take my eyes off the road ahead to check. I’d never driven as fast as this, of that I was positive. Woohoo, another item off the list!

After another lap, I was behind Howie and I was determined to pass him, I was on a roll now. Again, I waited until after a bend in the track and then made my move, he looked incredulously at me out of the side window but I just smiled and glided past him with ease.

I could see AJ up ahead and gripped the steering wheel tight and pressed my foot to the floor. I would’ve loved to have seen his face as I drove past, but unfortunately the finish line came around all too quickly and I didn’t get the chance. Nick won, closely followed by Brian and then AJ. Fourth was a respectable position to end in, especially for a beginner.

I stopped to car, pulled off the helmet and jumped out, still high on the adrenaline of racing.

“That was fanfuckingtastic” I told AJ as he strode over towards me with his helmet in his hand and the zip of the overalls half down to reveal his white t-shirt underneath.

“Told you so” he said and eyed me up and down “you look so fucking hot against that car”

“And you look sexy in those overalls” I told him, imagining him working up a sweat and removing them, revealing a naked oil smeared chest.

“Come on you two” called Nick “time to celebrate my win”

And celebrate we did, Backstreet Boys style, with good food, plenty of drink and lots of laughs.