- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
first chapter is kind of slow, but it gets better I promise!
Chapter 1

“You really need to go back to school and get a degree Marty. You’ve got to stop wasting your time talking to that awful friend of yours and make something of yourself.”

I was half listening to my dad go on and on and on, because I’d heard it over and over again “You really need to go back to school and get a degree Marty. You’ve got to stop wasting your time talking to that awful friend of yours and make something of yourself.”

I was half listening to my dad go on and on and on, because I’d heard it over and over again, ‘Marty do this, Marty do that, blah, blah, blah.’ It was always the same. My parents, who I still regretfully have to live with, are super uptight and super conservative. My not going back to college this fall doesn’t fall into their perfect plan for me, and they are giving me hell about it every chance they get.

When he realized that bitching at me was getting him nowhere he threw his hands up and stalked off. ‘FINALLY’ I thought ‘ I wish they’d just let me live my life and decide on my own terms what I want to do, but nooo it’s always, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag!’ I turned from looking after him and went up to my room to call Amory.

“Ams, I’m getting so sick of this! You know what, I just wish I could hop on a plane and take off to a place where nobody cares what you do or say. I can’t take this constant nagging anymore it’s making me crazy!”

Amory sighed, “Why DON’T you? If you’re going that crazy, I mean seriously. I tell ya what, I’ve finally got some overdue vacation time. Whatcha say me and you spend a week in Vegas? God knows I need to get away from that awful husband of mine. I can’t take much more of his crap or I’m going to go COMPLETELY crazy. He can keep the kids, after all I deserve a little time to myself for all the crap he puts me through. How ‘bout it?”

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews welcome!