- Text Size +
Chapter 2

“I can’t believe you convinced me to come all the way out here, Amory!”
She rolled her eyes at me and finished checking in so we could get unpacked and lounge by the pool.

“Amory! I don’t want to go down to the pool” I whined. “It’s late and I’m tired.”
“Marty, come on. We’ll go down and see if anything is going on. If nobody’s down there, we’ll come back up and hang out here.”

Groaning, I reluctantly agreed and grabbed my bathing suit.

When we got down to the pool area, we stopped in the changing room, slipped on our bathing suits and headed toward the hot tub. Upon entering the pool room, we heard loud commotion coming from the pool. Hell-bent on relaxing, I ignored it as best I could and slipped into the steamy hot tub.

“Ah, this feels fantastic!” I sighed leaning back against the wall of the hot tub, practically lying down on the seat that wrapped around the steamy oasis.

Amory sighed, “I’m so glad you convinced me to come with you. I needed this more than I realized.”

Smirking over at her from my perch on the opposite end of the hot tub, I said, “I know, I’m a genius! You can thank me later by helping me get toasted in the club downstairs.”

Amory rewarded my smartass response with a snort and a splash in the face.

Only a few minutes into our R&R session, the noise from the pool seemed to grow closer and closer. Just as I was about ready to get out of the hot tub and ream whoever was interrupting my peacefulness a new one, I saw a tall lanky blonde coming full speed at me running from a shorter, but equally lanky man. Before I could say anything to make him aware of my presence, I felt him knock into me with brute force, and then everything went black.

What felt like minutes later, I slowly opened my eyes, at first seeing everything all as one big blur. When everything finally came into focus, I was suddenly all too aware of a pair of beautiful blue eyes staring into mine with concern and I felt the urge to run my hand along the cheek of the face of their owner and wipe away the worry I could see all too well in his face.

“What happened?” I asked after a moment more of silence.

Exhaling the breath he had been holding, ‘Blue Eyes’ smiled down at me with apparent relief shown upon his beautiful face. “I am so sorry. I was goofing around with my friend over there and didn’t see you when I ran to catch the ball. How can I ever make it up to you?”

I suddenly became all too aware of my unfamiliar surroundings and sat up in a panic. “Oh no you don’t!” I heard Amory’s voice rise as a hand, I assumed hers, pushed me back into a lying position on what I’d figured was a bed.

I smiled at the tone of voice I knew so well. She used it all too often in our phone conversations over the years when I’d get so fed up with everything that I just wanted to make a hasty get away from it all with.

“Would someone KINDLY tell me what is going on here and why I am in a stranger’s hotel room?!” I looked at Amory for an explanation.

‘Blue Eyes’ whose name I still did not know took it upon himself to answer. “My friend and I are in town for a concert. We were goofing off and I didn’t see you behind me. I’m so sorry.”

Upon hearing the words “Here for a concert,” I took a closer look at ‘Mr. Blue Eyes’ and gasped.
Chapter End Notes:
R&R!! I love feedback!