- Text Size +
Chapter 3

Covering my face in total embarrassment, I groaned, “Just great! How did I know something like this was going to happen?!” Hearing a giggle, I looked over and glared at Amory, who is trying to hold back laughter at this point; all the while, with a knowing grin on her face.

Looking back and forth between the girls, ‘Blue Eyes’, who at this point was totally clueless as to the situation at hand, speaks up, “Would someone KINDLY tell me what’s going on here?” I rolled my eyes and said, “Well, I was going to keep this a secret, but, we’re here for the concert. It was going to be a surprise for Amory’s birthday.”

Ames looked surprised at me and after a couple seconds, lunged herself onto the bed, smothering me. “I should have known! You little sneak!” I snickered and said, “Oh yeah, who’s the master?” Sudden laughter got our attention away from the conversation.

“I’m glad you find this so amusing.” Amory said when she glanced over at Nick trying to hold back laughter.

Holding his hands up in defense of himself, Nick said, “I just find it strange that you two aren’t freaking out over us like other fans would have normally done by now. I’m actually quite impressed.”

I rolled my eyes at his apparent cockiness and dryly said, “Well believe it or not Mister Carter, not EVERYONE falls all over you these days. It’s not exactly the Millennium days anymore.”

Stunned at my own sudden outburst I sat up and said, “I’m so sorry. That was totally uncalled for. I should be thankful that you didn’t just leave me to drown. I didn’t mean that.”

With a sad look on his face, Nick said, “Sadly, you’re right. I’m sorry I laughed; it’s just that it’s not every day we don’t have people freaking out over us so it’s kind of refreshing actually. That’s all I was trying to say.”

I reached over and touched his arm gently saying, “I realize that now. It’s been a rough day and I just overreacted. I’m sorry. Let’s start over. I’m Marty, and you are?”

Smiling his beautiful smile he reached for my hand and said, “Nice to meet you Marty. I’m Nick.”