- Text Size +
~*~Chapter Twelve~*~

“I never knew my ass could be so sore from sitting,” Darcy bluntly stated, shifting herself into a more comfortable position, “Damn...how do you do this every day?”

Darcy didn’t receive a reply from anybody, being ignored by all. She sighed, bored and restless. She wanted to get up and do something. At the very least, give her rear a break from the intense sitting. Every time she shifted, pain shot through her tail bone, causing her to wince in agony. It was definitely uncomfortable to say the least, however by the way nobody was agreeing with her, Darcy got the feeling that she was alone on her thoughts.

“So...” she stated, “This is what touring life is like, huh?” she asked, changing the subject, “Just driving and dancing and...”

“It’s much, much more than that,” AJ informed her, his voice somewhat cool as he glared, wanting to slap her for the naivety of her comment, “We have meetings, rehearsals, sound checks, photo shoots, press stuff, interviews. We have to get up early, every night is a late one to do all sorts of business. On the stage is the fun part...the reward. Everything else is hard work. The list goes on and on. You have only been with us for five days. You really don’t know the just of it.”

The other four guys nodded in approval of AJ’s thorough reply, agreeing with his every word. Darcy really hadn’t seen all that goes on in their lives. She was in for a rude awakening once she saw first hand. Things hadn’t really even gotten started yet for that particular tour. The past week had been relaxing compared to most others. Then there was Zania, who just shook her head in disgust, wondering how she could have ever been friends with such stupidity. Not even in another life would she imagine it possible. Zania figured it was probably a good thing she’d suffered a blow to a head, resulting in the amnesia. It had knocked some sense in to her, obviously.

“Oh,” Darcy said lamely, then turned her attention to AJ alone, “Maybe you could go over that with me again sometime...just us...so I understand better.”

AJ grunted, trying his best to block out the woman’s voice. He didn’t want to listen to her speak. He didn’t want to talk back, so he turned his attention fully to a magazine he’d been reading. He shifted his body away from Darcy, hoping that she would catch his drift and just be quiet. It was days like this that he wished with all his might that they would all be on their own busses, Darcy stuck on one with somebody else...anybody else, just so he wouldn’t have to put up with her.

“ Okay, you can think about it...” Darcy’s voice trailed off in a hinting manner, her tone flirty, “No big hurry. I’m sorry if I offended you. Maybe I can make it up to you somehow.”

“Maybe if you would just be quiet.” AJ mumbled just coherently enough for everybody to hear him. Kevin stifled a laugh, his gaze catching Bianca’s, whom’s eyes were sparkling. She smiled at him, “Damn, when will this bus ride be over?” AJ growled. He needed to get out and get away before he threw the girl out of the window. The way she was staring at him was making him highly uncomfortable.

“So you like it quiet, huh?” Darcy spoke, her eyes glittering in this incredibly sexy man’s direction, “I can be quiet?” she told him flirtatiously, “Although I heard you like it down, dirty and loud.”

AJ got a look of complete repulsiveness on his face, grossed out by the comment. Sure, Darcy was an attractive enough woman. The fact of the matter was though, she annoyed him. She was taking the hints like a man would. Then there was the fact that Darcy’s intentions were not honorable. She was there to try and win his Zania back and take her home to Chicago for good. He could not and would not let that happen. Not on his life...no chance in hell. Zania was there to stay with him and the Boys. Darcy would just have to live with that and forget about all of this shameless flirting.

“So, you really look incredible out there, AJ,” she said, “Your talent is just...mind-boggling. I admire you for all you put in to it...and for everything in the past few years. I hope you realize I’ve supported you the entire time.”

AJ rolled his eyes, “Yeah, that’s nice.” he muttered, throwing the magazine down beside him, “I think I am going to go take a nap,” he informed everybody, “Wake me when I get there and no interruptions from anybody, please.” he eyed Darcy, making sure she knew it was clear for her to leave him alone too.

As he walked away, Darcy licked her lips, watching his back end. Boy, did he look incredible. She sighed once he was out of sight, knowing she’d have to find something else to entertain herself for the rest of the duration of the bus ride. This attempt at speaking to AJ had failed, although she had a feeling he would warm up to her rather soon. She was determined, for she wasn’t giving up until she had her way with him. She always got her way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bianca looked over at Zania sitting alone and withdrawn in the hotel lounge. They’d rented it out for a few hours to just all kick back and relax before the show that night, beings they’d arrived at the hotel a few hours ahead of schedule. She contemplated going over to the girl to strike up a conversation, unsure of if it would be a good idea or not. So far, all of her attempts to talk to her once best friend in the entire world had failed miserably. What would make this time any different? She figured though that she had nothing to lose though. Darcy was off trying to talk to AJ again, Brian and Nick were playing video games. Kevin and Howie were speaking of business related issues off at a private table, closed off from the nosiness of everyone else.

Bianca smiled at the thought of Kevin as she looked over at him, remembering their first kiss four days ago. It had been absolutely incredible. And she couldn’t believe the conversation that they’d had. He was so easy to talk to, and he’d said just the same about her. Bianca wasn’t sure what was going to happen between them, but a few nights ago had been unexpected yet glorious to her. Kevin lifted his head slowly, looking up at her. Bianca blushed, caught in the crime of staring at him. He smiled at her though, causing her heart to melt. God, that smile was beautiful...and they had more in common that she’d ever had in common with anybody. She’d liked him before for his humble, sincere, mature personality. Now though, she liked him for so much more since she’d met him and knew what he was really about.

Shaking her head clear of her daze, Bianca looked back over to Zania, still sitting alone. Taking a deep breath, her mind was made up. She was going to try to speak to the girl, hoping that the outcome was well as she slowly made her way over to her. Her nerves were a jumble, afraid that she was going to get herself in to a real bind, getting yelled at and then scolded by the Boys for bothering her and upsetting her, forcing Zania into an uncomfortable situation.

“Hey there.” Bianca said softly upon reaching her, crossing her fingers that it wasn’t going to be a disaster.

Zania looked up, “Hi.” she replied simply. She didn’t make any attempt to say anything more, turning her head away to stare back at Darcy and AJ, watching them like a hawk. Bianca sensed some sort of tension and jealousy, reading in to it that Zania had a thing for AJ, and probably had for awhile.

“So, um, what’s going on?” Bianca asked, trying to distract the slightly older girl’s attention away from Darcy, knowing how crazy she must be going inside by watching. She’d gone through it many times herself. Many, many times.

Zania shrugged, not tearing her eyes away from the duo. Darcy was flirting shamelessly with AJ, not giving in to giving up. Zania was pleased to see that for the most part, the man she had fallen hopelessly in love with over the past three years, was pretty much ignoring the blonde girl. However that fact didn’t mean anything, for he was paying slightly more attention to her than from the day before. Anything could happen at any moment. AJ may actually start giving the woman a change, and then...Zania shook her head, not willing to accept that as even a possibility. There was no way in hell that could happen...was there? This just made Zania watch all the harder to make sure nothing happened.

Bianca bit her lip nervously, watching Darcy with AJ for a moment. She wasn’t sure if Zania was purposely ignoring her, or if she was truly worried that Darcy was going to snag AJ away from her. Either way, she was being ignored and was starting to feel rather uncomfortable. She sat there in silence for another minute or so before starting to get up to leave. Just as she did though, Zania finally spoke.

“Was Darcy ever the type to try to steal a potential boyfriend?” she asked, catching Bianca by surprise as she at back down, “I mean, exactly how good of a friend was she?”

Bianca snorted back a laugh, “Darcy...Darcy hardly ever even looks at a guy. She has this no-dating policy. And she was a great friend of yours..ours. I don’t think she’d ever intentionally take a guy away that you were interested in if she knew you were interested. I don’t think you have anything to worry about though.”

Zania scowled, “I don’t trust her.” she grumbled.

Bianca laughed again. Looking over at the two, Darcy did seem a little bit chummy with AJ. She cringed, hoping to God that nothing happened between them. Zania was just starting to act civil towards her. That was all she needed was for Darcy to hook up with AJ and then Zania think that she was feeding her false information in a ploy to get her to back off so that Darcy could get her way.

“So...” Zania begun, taking her eyes off of AJ, but still watching from the corner of them every few seconds, “Um...what was I like...before all of this?”

Bianca smiled, “Well, we were the best of friends. Believe it or not, you were a huge Backstreet fan. We both were. We were partners in crime when it came to them...downloading illegal, unreleased songs, traveling cross country to see them in concert, buying anything with their face on it....which is why it is so ironic that you’ve been with them all this time.” Zania chuckled slightly, “You always had a serious side but knew how to have fun too. We had so many late nights laughing. You were going to go to school to be a radiology technician and we were planning on getting an apartment together. You and your mom never really got along and you and your sister...fought often.”

“Wow...” Zania whispered, “Sounds like I had a pretty good life...but I love the one I have developed now.”

“I don’t blame you.” Bianca smiled, “You’ve transitioned quite well.”

Zania just shrugged, “It’s the only life I know. The guys are amazing. It gets lonely being the only girl sometimes, but I have AJ for a shopping buddy.” she laughed, “Who was that guy that was at the hotel a few days ago?”

Bianca took in a deep breath, “Well...he was your boyfriend. The day you disappeared, you had been dating for exactly two and a half years. He was going to propose to you. Three years later...he is still lost without you. I think he’s finally gotten it through his head though that he needs to move on, seeings that you have.”

“I think that would be for the best...” Zania’s voice trailed off. She felt slightly bad for the boy, whomever he was, but he was a part of her past....something she didn’t know. It would never work, for she’d have to get to know him all over again.

“Yeah..”Bianca agreed, “I think so too...” her voice trailed off and her eyes caught her once best friends. Zania smiled slowly, and Bianca returned it knowing that it was okay. They’d just taken a step in becoming friends again. It was a very small step, but at this point, she was willing to take anything, as anything was better than nothing at all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for agreeing to meet me here.” Kevin said softly as soon as Bianca was safely inside of his room, giving her a light, sweet kiss on the lips.

Bianca blushed and shrugged, kissing him back even though it felt slightly awkward and like she was in a dreamland. All of this was somewhat hard to grasp, and she was having a slightly hard time actually believing it was happening. Several times in the past ten days, she’d expected to be roused from a deep sleep, only to find that she was at home, tucked away in her own bed, Abrianna, or Zania as she was now, would still be missing or believed to be dead. Several facts proved that this was real though; a life Bianca never thought she’d be privileged enough to get to live. After all, she was only a middle class girl from Chicago.

“Why wouldn’t I?” she asked as Kevin took her hand, leading her to a small couch in a living area of his suite. They sat down, their bodies close to one another, shifted so that they were facing each other. Kevin never let go of her hands, loving the soft, silky feel of them within his own.

Kevin chuckled, “If I were a girl as attractive as you, and a guy I barely knew asked me to his hotel room...I’m not so sure I wouldn’t bolt.”

“Oh..” Bianca laughed, “Well...for one, I trust you and your intentions and two, Howie saw me come in to your room. It wouldn’t be exactly hard to find you and trace it back to you if I did disappear all of a sudden. I mean, c’mon...you’re one of the most famous male stars in the entire world.”

Kevin gave a small laugh, finding her logic to be very true. She was a smart girl and assumed if she had even the smallest doubts in her mind, she wouldn’t be there. She had good judgement, that much Kevin was sure of . He liked her quiet, sweet nature though. She seemed the type that would be somewhat shy until one got to know her, and then she would be outgoing and blunt, however not cruel unless provoked to be. Kevin looked in to her eyes, something on his mind. She must have sensed it by the questioning look that she gave him.

“Can I ask you a favor?” Kevin asked her, feeling guilty of wanting her to do such a thing. Bianca nodded though and he continued, “Can you keep you know, this, a secret? Not tell anybody. Not Darcy...not your family...nobody.”

“What do you mean?” Bianca asked

“Well...the whole divorce thing,” he sighed, “I don’t want the world to know yet. I don’t want the press sticking their noses in to business where it doesn’t belong...the stories made up on both parties about what happened, the rumors. Ya know. It was a mutual agreement...we just grew apart. If word gets out, the rumors will start. The Boys and Zania are the only ones who know besides my immediate family...and now you. I really like you, but would like to keep it just between us and the Boys and Z.”

“Darcy wouldn’t tell anybody...”

“Please?” Kevin interrupted gently, his green eyes almost begging her to do this for him. And how could she argue with that? Go against his wishes.

Bianca nodded. She didn’t know what was happening between them, but it sounded as if he were indicating he wanted some sort of relationship with her. She could feel herself starting to get nervous, hoping that she wasn’t reading too much in to things. But now she had something on her mind, worried that Kevin, this unbelievably perfect man, would take her intentions the wrong way. That was the last thing she wanted, worried about getting in to anything with him because of it.

“I um...need to tell you something too...”Bianca stated, swallowing hard. Kevin just waited patiently for her to continue until she was fully ready, “I don’t want you to think that I um, like you just because of your fame. Trust me...that has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’m not jumping in to something due to you being so popular. I’m afraid that if...you know, something happens, you might start thinking the wrong thing,” she stopped for a moment and sighed, “I really like you for who you are inside...but I...”

Kevin silenced Bianca with a kiss, drawing her in to his arms. She welcomed it without hesitation, wondering what was going through his mind. He was so easy for her to talk to, and Bianca felt lucky to have somebody she could tell absolutely anything to. She could express her every true feeling without fear of being made fun of or told that she was acting like an idiot or she was stupid. She could open up and be herself without hiding anything, including her slightly paranoid, sensitive side. She couldn’t even do that with Darcy, whom was very set in her own beliefs and ways and it was like anything else was wrong.

“I know you wouldn’t do that to me.” Kevin told her, raking a finger through her dark locks, “You’re not the type. But before we commit to anything or I promise anything, I just need to talk to somebody to make sure they are okay with it, and then we can seal the deal.”