- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the short chapter. :( Working on the next update though! :) Thanks for ALL the reviews my lovely readers!!
“Rick?” Nick choked out in shock, slowly raising his hands in surrender. “What the fuck is going on?”

“I’m sorry to have to do this to you boys’, but a job is a job.” Rick said with a shrug, gun still trained on them.

“Don’t fucking apologize to them!” James bellowed, “These two put us through fucking hell and back and that’s right where I’m gonna send these two.”

AJ completely ignored what James was rambling on about, “So, you were just another part of this elaborate plan? This storm moving in was the perfect time for you guys’ to strike… as a person of authority, you told us to stay up here, and we listened. Had we known it was all for fucking this.”

Rick gave a small smirk, “You gotta admit, I played my part pretty damn good, didn’t I?”

Nick continued on from where AJ left off, being able to have pieced it all together himself as well, “You didn’t come up here on a whim… James probably called you to help search for us, meaning nothing was reported and there’s no backup coming… that call you made was to James.”

“It’s a shame you guys only figured this all out now.” Rick replied with a small nod. “Maybe you two should have better listened to what I said of staying up here at the lodge, maybe it wouldn’t have came down to all of this.”

James groaned, “Enough of this fucking talk. Bobby, go grab those other fuck heads.”

With a nod, Bobby turned and disappeared into the hall. A minute or so later, Howie was the first to stumble out, followed by a slow trailing Kevin, who was supported by Brian.

Both AJ and Nick’s eyes widened upon seeing the state Kevin was in, “What the fuck did you do?” AJ exclaimed, both he and Nick making a move towards their friends, but were quickly and restrained by Richard and Dennis.

“What I did?” James repeated as he sauntered over towards Kevin, who was leaning against Brian. “I didn’t do anything. This…” he reached out to grab Kevin’s wounded shoulder, causing Kevin to cry out in pain, “this was your fault, do you remember? He received the bullet that was meant for you.”

Barely able to stand on his own two legs now, Kevin tried desperately to remove himself from James grasp, growing frustrated and angry that the pain he was in rendered him completely helpless. Brian bit down on his tongue, hard, to the point where blood had quickly filled his mouth. He knew if he did or say anything, he’d only be making the situation worse.

“Let him go.” Nick growled out.

An amused look etched across James’ face, “Did you… did you just fucking tell me what to do?” he glanced around at his men, as if to make sure he had heard Nick right, “He just told me what to…” he chuckled, then quickly pulled his gun out and aimed it at Nick, “WHO THE FUCK IS THE ONE WITH THE GUN?”

Nick gulped, but tried to hold his composure and continue his bluff, “Look, we’re the ones you’ve been looking for, and you got us, just… please let them go, please.”

James chuckled, glancing around at his men once more, “Now they’re fucking begging me. They all should’ve been groveling at my fucking feet from the moment I showed up. But now… now that I have complete control over this whole situation and have you all at odds, waiting to kill off each and every one of you, only now you wanna beg to me? This is just fucking great!”

The sound of a cell phone vibrating caused them all to remain silent, glancing around at each other. Finally, their eyes landed on the coffee table, where one of the cell phones rhythmically vibrated across the table.

“Well, well, well… finally, a phone call!” James stated as he walked over to the coffee table, picking the cell phone up. “Lets see… a Leighanne is calling…”

Eyes slightly widened, Brian immediately took a step towards James, but was quickly subdued by Zach and Gene. They had a firm, tight grip on Brian’s arms, holding him back from going any further or doing anything.

“Don’t.” Brian warned, struggling against the hold he was in.

James revealed a smirk, “This should get interesting…” was all he said as he turned to face his back to Brian, and answered the phone.

“DON’T YOU FUCKING TALK TO HER!” Brian screamed, thrashing around in hopes to get himself loose.

“Leighanne?………… No, this is a friend of Brian’s, one you have never met………………… well, you see, I’d give him the phone so you could talk to him, but…” he looked over at Brian, “he’s a little tied up right now.”

“You son of a bi-” Brian was immediately cut off by Bobby, who had walked up to him and plowed his fist into his stomach. He hunched over in pain, trying to collect back the air that was forced out of him from the punch, but both Gene and Zach tugged and roughed him around, straightening him up.

“But you can talk to me…” James continued, “Why don’t you start off by telling me what you’re wearing?”

At hearing this, that only enraged Brian even more. With a new found strength, Brian violently shook himself out of the grasp Zach and Gene had on him. He charged at James full force, disregarding the fact that James had rose his gun and was aiming it straight at him. All he could remember was the sound of not one, but three bullets being fired from the gun and his body jerking back from the impact before darkness immediately consumed him.
Chapter End Notes:
Short chapter, I know... but it's because I decided to change this chapter up a bit so I could leave ya'll on a CLIFFHANGER. Don't you just love those?!? ;) I don't. O_o