- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So... I was debating if I should've kept the two parts in one chapter because of how short they were, or break them apart in two chapters regardless. I decided to have two separate chapters...

“Man, it’s getting real cold now, huh?” Howie commented as he blew into his two hands, rubbing them together afterwards.

“Yeah,” Brian agreed as he got up and walked to the window to look outside, “This storm is moving in way sooner than expected.”

Kevin sighed as he picked up the remote and began to flick through the channels once again, “Hopefully that means the faster it gets here, the sooner it’ll leave.”

Brian nodded in agreement, “Nick better hurry with that wood so we can go ahead and get the fire started. Speaking of which, who’s got cooking duties for dinner tonight?”

“You and Howie.” Kevin simply replied, never breaking his eyes from the TV.

Brian chuckled, “Fair enough, I don’t even know why I asked that.”

“Welp,” Howie sighed out as he pushed himself up from his seat, “I shall go figure out what we can concoct.” he said as he began to make his way into the kitchen.

Brian gave a slight nod, “I guess I’ll go ahead and check on the girl real quick.” he said, more to himself, as he walked towards the flight of stairs.

As soon as he took the first step though, he immediately froze at the sound of the doorbell ringing. A look of puzzlement etched across his face as he turned to make his way towards the door now. “Who would be ringing the doorbell.” he muttered as he stood on the tip of his toes to look out the peephole, confused as to why he saw Nick standing there, let alone why he rung the doorbell instead of just walking in.

“What the…” Brian started out as he opened the door, but his words immediately died off upon seeing Nick standing before him, with a trail of red running down his forehead. “What the hell happened Nick?”

Nick sighed and looked away.

Chapter End Notes:
because of how I end it. I love to keep you guys in suspense. ;)