- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
New 1/30/10
Chapter 10


Nick had managed to get to where the others were just as the doctor had stepped out of the room. Nicki had told him to that she would be fine, but she wanted to know how AJ was doing as well. The only one who knew about the baby was Kevin, she was sure that he wouldn’t tell any of the others. And Brian was the only one who knew about Nick and her getting married.

So far none of their friends knew anything about Nick and Nicki.



“Nick?” Min said a little surprised to see him walking over to them.
“Nicki told me to come and see how he was doing.” He said as he found seat next to Brian.

The doctor finally walked over to the group holding a clip board in his hand. They were all nervous but excited.

“Good news guys. We think AJ will come out of this in a few days most likely.” He said looking at their faces all smile and a few tears of joy. “He can sense you guys when you are near him. He can probably most likely hear you as well. Just hang in there a couple of more days and he should be a wake. But we will still have to keep him once that happens to make sure nothing was seriously damaged. He may have to learn to walk again. Not sure about talking yet.”

The doctor went on and on about what to expect once he did wake up.

Brian looked over at Min who had the biggest smile on her face of them all. He reached his arm over hers and took her hand in his and squeezed.

“I told you he would be fine.” Brian said with a smile.
“I know you did.” Min said smiling back at him.

After the doctor left and went back into AJ’s room, they all stood outside talking for a few more minutes. Nick was happy he wanted to just bust out and tell everyone what had been going on since graduation but figured he would wait. This was good news for everyone, Aj would be awake and with them again.

“I’m gonna go let Nicki know the news.” Nick said smiling and hugging Min.
“Tell her I’ll be by in a few to check on her.” Min said hugging him back.
“Will do.” He said walking away from the group.

“Nick wait.” Brian said catching up with him.
Nick stopped and turned to see Brian heading his way. “Yeah.”
“What’s wrong with Nicki anyway?”
“Nothing I think she’s had a lot of stress lately and it caught up with her.” He said trying to keep his mouth shut.
“I don’t believe you Nick. Something more is going on that you and Nicki aren’t telling us.”
“Really Brian it’s nothing. You worry to much. She’ll be fine.” He said as he patted his friend on the back. “Would you tell everyone that probably next mouth Nicki and I will be moving into our apartment and would love everyone to come over. Maybe J will even be able to come.”
“Sure I will. I’m sure we will all be over to see Nicki in a few.”

Brian still wasn’t believing Nick with his story about Nicki. He could tell something more was going on. He watched Nick walk around the corner and to Nicki’s room before he headed back to the others.


When Brian returned to the others they were all in Ajs room surrounding his bed. Brian walked in and was standing at the foot of his bed.
“Nick wanted me to let you all know that Nick and Nicki will be moving into their apartment next month sometime and want us all to come over for a little party.”
“What is going on with those two?” Min said looking over at Brian as she took Ajs hand. “I feel like I’ve been out of the loop with them. And Nick’s supposed to be my bestfriend.”
“Don’t know.” Brian said deciding to let Nick and Nicki tell everyone about them being married.

A few moments later Shawn and Kevin let the hospital to give everyone a chance to see AJ and let everyone know that Nicki was alright but weren’t sure when she would be out of the hospital. They would return later to check on both of their friends.


Brian and Min were soon the only ones left in Ajs room. Silence filled the air as the two sat quietly hoping any minute AJ would say something.



(Nicki’s room)

Nick opened the door slowly as he peaked his head around the door.
“Hey.” Nicki said smiling as she took her eyes off the tv in her room.
“Hey beautiful.” He said walking over to the side of her bed and sat down in the chair taking her hand.
“How’s J?”
“The doctor said he maybe a wake and ready to go in a few days.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. Min was actually smiling. I never thought I would see her smile ever again.”
“I know. This is so exciting Nick.” Nicki said holding her husband’s hand and the other hand on her belly.
“I think Brian is slowly catching on to something about the baby.”
“Really? I let it slip around Kevin that I was pregnant.”
“I don’t know how much longer we can keep this from everyone.” Nick said as the door opened.

“Hey mom.” Nicki said as she saw her mom and then Nick’s mom right behind her.
“How are you sweetie?” Nicki’s mom asked leaning over to kiss her daughters forehead.
“I’m fine. I thought I told the two of you not to worry.” She said shaking her head at them.
“We figured we would come give Nick a break.” Nick’s mom said setting some flowers on the windowsill.
“Mom I’m not going anywhere. If something happens I want to be here.”
“Nick you need some sleep and to eat.” Nicki’s mom added.
“I’ve been sleeping right here and I’ve been eating.” Nick sighed. “I’m fine.”