- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I had removed all my stories from here for personal reasons but I rethought it and decided to put back my completed stories so here is this one. It seems lot of people read it yet don't comment.:( I would love some feedback.
“Look there goes Ramona the loner!” she woke up in sweat, god she hated her childhood. She hated the stupid name her mother chose for her. She hated her life, she was the nerd and ugly girl in school and now at work she would be the weird dorky girl. Jenny was right ten years ago in the 6th grade when she crowned her, the loner. She looked at her nightstand and saw the time. Jenny what a bitch, made her life miserable for the remainder of her school years. God she was so lame, she looked around her room, she still had things from strawberry shortcake and pooh. Heck she still lived with her parents. She was twenty three and still had not experienced her first kiss. Well not if you count the awkward kiss from Gilbert her best friend, who years later came out of the closet! Then maybe she had received her first kiss. She shivered as she remembered that horrible day in the gym; Gilbert was not the cutest boy in school so he and she hung around becoming good friends. When Jenny appeared in hands of Jacob the hottest kid in school; everyone had a crush on him, even her. The point was she ran out of the gym after Jenny and her gang used her as a target for laughter. Gilbert caught up to her and after some sweet words he leaned in and gave her a kiss, but her lip ended caught with his braces. Finally she stopped torturing herself with her miserable past and decided to try and get some sleep again.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Hi, I’m Judy your new neighbor,” she smiled at the new owner of 2145 Melrose Dr., as she handed her, her triple Dutch chocolate cake.

“Oh, thank you for the cake, it looks delicious. I’m Denise, would you like to come in?” she opened the door all the way so her new friendly neighbor could come in.

“Thank you, I won’t stay long. Have you thought on how to decorate this palace yet? Mr. Roberts the old owner didn’t do much of a good job after his wife Betty died. I guess that’s why he sold it, when I first saw this house I told Bobby my husband, that if it wasn’t for the fact that I loved Betty, I would’ve done whatever it took to get this house.” She turned to face the short red headed woman as she finished her sentence. “I should go, I know you have a lot to do and I have to go get dinner ready for Bobby and Mona. Hope you like my cake it’s my secret recipe, oh and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask dear.”

She watched the tall woman with a heavy accent walk out, cross the road to her house, and swiftly disappearing from view. She smiled as she closed the door, this was a good neighborhood so far, no one would know who she was or most importantly no one would bother her son. This could be his little refuge when he was not out in the world doing what he did best, sing. She sighed as she remembered about her son; he would totally love a piece of this cake she thought.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Dad I think you’re a great entrepreneur and all but not me. I need another job, besides I can’t even command Hairy to do anything, what makes you think I can manage a department in your company! I am a loner dad; I need to do something I like. No offense dad but, mechanics was not my best subject in school remember? I know you want me to be like you dad but, I can’t I don’t even like cars. I prefer to walk, so please let me off the hook.” She gave her father the best sad puppy face.

“I tell you what Mona, give this a try and if by the end of November you’re not happy, I will put your cousin Jim in your position. I will personally then pay for whatever you want to study or do. All I want is your happiness sweetie.” He parked his car in the drive way and gently kissed his daughter’s forehead.

“Oh, and dad please don’t tell mom about this conversation yet, you know how she freaks!” she said as she slammed the door to the passengers side of car.

“Ok, I won’t I promise, as long as your remember honey that even though I work in the car business, I can’t keep getting a new one just cause you like to slam things shut for good,” he said more as a joke than scorn.

“Oh, I am sorry dad, I forgot about that.” She winced and made her way into her house followed by her father.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After dinner she made it to her favorite place in the house her art room. Her father had helped her convert one of the guest rooms into her own art shop, well sort of. She hadn’t sold any of her art work yet but, who cared, not her. She smiled as she felt Hairy’s tail hitting her from his happiness to see her. “Hey Hairy, want a kiss from mommy?” she leaned down to pet her golden retriever.

“Oh, honey I made your favorite dessert today,” said Judy as she walked in to Mona’s sanctuary. She smiled at her daughter as she saw her petting Hairy. She had always seen Mona sad, and deep inside it killed her to see her daughter not happy. She didn’t know where they gone wrong. Mona had everything she wanted and yet Mona never made an attempt to look like the rest of the girls her age. She preferred to wear jeans and a shirt, simple like that. Mona was a beautiful girl, shy and lonely but beautiful. When was she going to realize that? She sighed and politely dismissed herself. She hoped someday Mona would realize she had more going for her than what she thought.

After her mother left, she headed back to the kitchen for a piece of her mother’s heavenly delightful banana nut cake, her favorite. She sat on the kitchen table and delightfully cut a moderate size for her and the way she was feeling at the moment. She smiled and took the first bite, and as soon as she did she was in heaven. She was enjoying her piece of heaven when she heard the doorbell. She was closest to the door so, after debating to answer or not she left her spot to answer the door. “Coming,” she yelled as she made it to the door.