- Text Size +
She took a deep breath as she stepped out of the taxi cab. She felt tears forming in her eyes as she saw the stone trail toward her parent’s home. She had to beg to get this day and come see her parents, but it was something she needed to do, she felt guilty after only calling them once in a while. She was not that kind of daughter, she was very grateful to her parents and not being able to share with them her new self made her feel very guilty. She felt his hand grab hers as he stood beside her. She turned to smile at him, how lucky was she to have found him…Marco was incredible and now he was her boyfriend. That word was music to her ears. Her first real boyfriend, “ready to meet them, I mean you don’t have to though. I don’t want you to think that because of this I am insinuating anything!” she said as she faced him.

“Ok, Liz I know that, really I am just glad to be here with you. Come on lets go,” he caressed her hand with his as he initiated the walking.

She tried her key wanting to really give them the surprise and it worked just like always. She walked into the house and was hit with emotions; she wanted to cry so badly. So many memories in this house, her art room was just down the hall. She took a deep breath, called out for her parents, and then she heard the barking from the back of the house. She knew where they were, she pulled Marco so he could follow. She saw them on the patio her father like always reading the paper and her mother chatting with…Denise. She hadn’t expected to see her today; she really didn’t want to see her at all. She was thankful but she just didn’t want to see her, she needed more time. To her dismay she was seen by her father, who put down the newspaper and started walking to the glass doors. He looked confused, “hi, daddy,” she managed to say before she let out a cry. She could not hold her emotions any longer.

He was wondering how this stranger had gotten in and then as he opened the door he saw who it was. His baby, he too felt tears in his eyes as he heard her call him daddy. “Sweetie,” he hugged her for dear life. “Judy, come here darling,” he once again spoke finally getting the attention from the two women sitting in the patio.

“Actually dad we can go out there,” she told him as she stepped outside followed by Marco. She heard him clear his throat and knew instantly why, “Oh, I am so sorry dad this is Marco my boyfriend,” she smiled….

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He forced a smile on his face as Sarah and he posed for the photographer. They were taking pictures for the thank you notes they were going to send out to there guest. All he was thinking about was the horrible mistake he had done a few weeks ago. He could still feel Dr. Dane’s lips on his and see her beautiful face. He had received a couple of calls from her since then but he had ignored them all. Feeling too guilty for his outbreak and knowing that most likely she was calling to give him a piece of her mind being that he had run out of her office right after the kiss. He just didn’t know what had gotten to him, Dr. Dane was a very attractive woman and it just felt right. He felt Sarah’s hand on his shoulder and her breath right at his neck. He put away his thoughts and looked at her, her beautiful face just inches away from his.

“So, our session is almost done and after all this posing for the cameras I feel little…uhm how can I say this??? How about we go straight home and have some more fun?” she purred into his ear as she then laid a kiss on his neck. Lately he looked extra tensed and she just figured it was the wedding jitters, so she thought that maybe a little cheering up would come in handy and besides she too felt a little nervous. AJ would be a great pick me up, per say he was incredible to her.

He felt even more guilt as he heard his fiancé talk about love; Sarah really did not deserve any of what was happening? The truth was he did love Sarah right, he was probably just having wedding jitters everyone had those right? “I think that’s sound great, in fact I think our session has officially ended for me. I liked the first one we took!”

She started to laugh as she heard his response. “Fine I like that one too,” she rolled her eyes at him as she walked toward the photographer.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

She smiled as she looked into the pool shining beneath the moonlight. Time was going by fast; it seemed like she had barely arrived at her house but actually it was almost time to leave. She had promised to be back in Orlando by tomorrow and it would be a long ride back. She took a drink of her glass; she never thought wine could taste so good. She closed her eyes and just tried to concentrate on everything going around her life. She was now an independent woman living out her dream. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder, realizing who it was she smiled. “Hey, I have to thank you for Tommy he is such a great guy. He has helped me so much with this and I owe you for it,” she smiled at the woman standing beside her.

“There’s no need dear, I did what I wish someone would of done for me years ago when AJ told me he wanted to be famous. I know you didn’t want to be famous but you wanted to share your art with everyone and sometimes you need help to even get notice in the business. So Marco seems really sweet, how long have you known him, if I may ask?” she raised her eyebrows at the new beautiful girl in front of her.

“I met him in New York and we became friends. He is really nice and I can say that I am falling deeply for him. He fell for the real me and he also loves art, he is just great Denise.” She gushed to the woman that now faced her with content as she heard the happiness she was experiencing.

“I am very happy for you dear. I will also be at the art gallery in Orlando on Saturday, I will definitely see if I can get anything to hang in my remodeled living room. I actually have a hectic schedule coming up, with Alex’s wedding in just three months. I have a lot to do, Sarah wants me to help her with the planning, I personally think she should get a wedding planner,” she finished as she took a drink from the glass in her own hand.

Had she heard right? AJ was finally getting married and even though she knew that was what was supposed to happen she felt sad. It was like now there was no chance at all for her to ever think of AJ feeling anything other than friendship for her. She had Marco but still she had to admit that AJ was her first real crush, “Wow, so when is the big day? Is he getting married here in Florida?”

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So he had lied, but it was needed. He threw his cell phone on the bed; he hated himself right at the moment and had left Sarah worried in the other room. He just couldn’t go through with it; as soon as he started to kiss her he saw her face. “What have you done Alex?” he then heard the light knock on his door. He took a deep breath and opened it, to find a worried face staring at him.

“Don’t worry Alex I understand,” she told him as she hugged him and kissed his face tenderly. She didn’t quite understand before she couldn’t keep him of her and now he couldn’t even touch her? She just kept telling herself it was the wedding jitters kicking in. Hell, she felt nervous herself. “Listen I am going over to Jen’s and look at some more wedding arrangements, just relax ok. I am not going to not marry for this ok, I understand. Go out and play some pool or something that will help you forget about this situation,” with that she left the room and out the house she shared with him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The phone rang several times and then he heard her voice it was her voice mail. He hung up before it finished; he took yet another cigarette and lit it up. He walked around the busy street, he could feel the staring from some fans, yet he was glad they did not dare to bother him. He saw the coffee shop from far and then decided that maybe caffeine would help him clear his mind. He finished his cigarette and that’s when he felt the tap on his shoulder, “Look guys I am sorry but today I am not up for signing autographs or pictures…” he stopped talking when he saw who it was.

“I think we need to talk Alex, I see you finally returned my calls,” she said in a subtle tone as she flashed her cell phone to him. “There’s an empty bench over there we can use,” she then started to walk, knowing he would follow.

He slowly took a seat and sighed heavily, “I don’t know where to start Hailey I normally don’t do this, well not when I am about to get married. I don’t know what came to me, I am really sorry about this.” He rubbed the back of his neck fiercely like it would make a miracle happen.

“I know and I should’ve of stopped you. I want to apologize also for getting all paranoid with you that day. I shouldn’t be talking about my personal life with you; I just don’t know how to explain what came to me either. So I want to propose this to you, I don’t want to see you ever again and I will never mention this to anybody. Do we have a deal?” she looked at him with desperation in her eyes. “I have a career that can be put in jeopardy because of this! You have to agree Alex you must, I love my husband I do…” tears now forming in her eyes she squeezed his hand waiting for his response.

Was it desperation in her voice? He had to admit that her proposal was great and he shouldn’t think about it twice, he should just accept. But that would be lying to himself, he knew that someone else knew about it and he would always make him feel guilty. Aside from Hailey and him there was god who had witness this whole mess. He knew that knowing that god knew would only make him feel more remorse. It was only a kiss though, he had kissed Lisa also why was he making a big deal with this one? He felt her grip on his hand and then realized why, he was falling for his therapist. Everything about her attracted him even more, he didn’t care that she was much older than him. “I think I am falling in love with you Hailey,” he said bluntly as he turned to look at the older woman dressed in casual clothing. She still looked good though, even with out her white coat or her name tag. He felt her grip loosen and her hand being removed from his.

“No, your not Alex remember what you told me last time you love Sarah,” she whispered in shock. How could she let this happen? She had allowed infatuation take over her and now this whole situation came out it. She should’ve recommended Alex to another therapist since day one. The truth was she was in some way happy to hear that someone still thought she was interesting, but she loved her job and kids to ruin her life. Besides she knew Alex really didn’t know what he wanted he was young and still discovering himself. “Alex nothing will ever happen between you and me, so just take my proposal and continue on. I know you’re confused and at the end you will see the light in your tunnel, but that light isn’t me,” she sighed heavily as she saw the young man stare at her with anticipation, like she would say ok then lets give a try. But, she wasn’t going to do that, she had always known what she wanted in life, leaving her family and career for a stupid infatuation was not one of them.

Just as he heard those words he remembered his response to Lisa on his last day in Florida. He now knew how she felt, when he told her he didn’t want to be more than friends. There he was being told he was not liked, it felt horrible. “I’m sorry, but I can’t hide my feelings toward you. At first I thought it was just a little crush but now I can’t seem to stop thinking about you. But, I understand how you feel; I just wish you would understand how I feel right at this moment. My heart has been shredded into the smallest pieces.” He looked at her one more time and smiled he had to let her go, well she was never anything to him anyway. He could handle this right? The truth is he did still love Sarah; she would win his heart back. “I accept you proposal Hailey, I just thought I should share how hard it will be for me to forget you.”

She leaned in and gave him a hug, “Alex, your young and a sweetheart you will definitely find the right gal. Just keep your eyes wide open,” with that she walked away leaving him there staring at her perplexed.